Key Quest all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
we are just bodies of the faithful stacked dozens by the roadside
Deimos’ letter had been a relief to receive. His doodles alone had helped comfort her that he was safe and unharmed, still capable of childish mockery even in the depths of his mission with the demigods. Still, she is heavily pregnant and prone to anxiety, and when he had mentioned a friend who could support her, Hotaru had felt foolish for not thinking of the man herself.

“Thank you for coming with me.” It’s spoken bravely, but it’s clear by the way she hovers at Noah’s side that she is sorely in need of contact and support. As the head of public affairs, she had wanted him included in the meeting now that she better knew the aims and plans of Sunjata and his Arbiter. It helped that she quite liked Noah, felt more settled at his side. While Hotaru had faith in Morgan’s support of her, a little extra never went amiss.

She had requested a private time to meet with the Warden, and that time was now here. Taking a bracing breath, she raps her knuckles on the door and leaves it open behind her for Noah to enter after. “Hello Morgan. I hope it’s okay I brought Noah - I wanted him to know what I had to share.” Wringing her hands, she curls them around her belly, and tries to recall the whirlwind of events that have led her here. She waits a moment for Noah to give anything he wants to say, or for Morgan to pose any immediate questions.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
When Hotaru found Noah in his office, the hunter did not hesitate to hug her. He had wrapped his strong around her fully, letting a sigh that released his worry for her away. When she asked him to come with her to speak with Morgan, Noah agreed without hesitation. Following her from his office to the Warden's, Noah stayed close to her. "I am glad you are safe in Halo, rather than in hands that are difficult to trust." The hunter placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, an eye-wrinkling smile breaking over his face to give her as much nonverbal support as he could. It was hard to ignore the growing life inside her now, with the way it changed her. The Chief of Public Affairs did not ask questions, but his protective nature wrapped itself tighter and tighter around the valkyrie.

Following at her side, with Eira slinking behind them, Noah touched his hand to her forearm, giving one last boost of his confidence before they saw the Warden. "Morgan," Noah greeted the Warden calmly, but not cooly. He offered her a small smile, stepping to the opposite side of the open door as Hotaru. This was her meeting after all, and he was here merely for support and to hear out the information she had to give -- after all, it was his job. A job he had been left out of for far too long. He had not known about any of this before Deimos told him. By that time, Hotaru had already been swept away to Torchline.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
And oh, poor Atlas
The world's a beast of a burden
Morgan was a little surprised to hear from Hotaru again so soon. After her trial in Torchline and with her pregnancy, she had expected her to want to lay low and be quiet for a while; still, Morgan was admittedly curious about what had transpired, and any of her citizens that wanted to talk to her were welcome to. As the knock on the door came she called for her to enter, and simply nodded at Noah's inclusion. As one of her councilmen, he was welcome.

"Hotaru, Noah. Please, have a seat." She gestured to the two chairs before her desk, glancing at Hotaru's heavy belly. Morgan gathered up papers she had been looking at on her desk and put them to one side, leaning forward onto the surface to give the two her rapt attention. "I'm interested to hear what you have to tell me. Begin wherever you feel is appropriate."
And the ships are left to rust
That's what the water gave us
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Quiet, methodical, footfalls meant to be hushed, even as they carried his towering form. Solid and stoic, hushed and tactical, he moved as if part of the backdrop, slowly and stealthily enough, even as he carried Seren on his back (meant to be weightless) and hopefully in proportions to silence. To remain undetectable; counterparts draped in invisibility. His bag of holding, containing multitudes of his magical items, also held vials of potions, sleeping, poison, and other multitudes, hoping he wouldn’t have to use any of them – tucked and wrapped, given to Seren to hold.

He effused calm and composure, even as his veins pulsed, even as some portions would always render drums of some other emotions in the back of his mind. Time and time again he’d orchestrated these means and measures, and it was just another round, another volley. He had to be cold. He had to be calculating. He had to be more than the restless punctures layering in his ribs. For Halo. For the people.

The soldier directed them through the open door. Not rapid movements, but cautious, as a hunter, a predator, might be. We are in he ghosted through the Attuned bond to both Noah and Ru – glad and content to see them (but incapable of anything else for now; it could all wait) – before striving for a corner, intending to tuck the other member of their party safely behind him. Once more, he considered his fellow compatriots. Can one of you shut the door?

--

Deimos attempts to sneak him and Seren into the room undetected using his invisibility cloak. Deimos is carrying Seren (who is going to use her weightless ability), and Seren is hanging onto his bag of holding.

Other than his magical items, his bag of holding contains sleeping potions and poisonous potions, made here: unburned and alive.

Type: Grey
Invisibility Cloak | (Upgraded) Ornate, detailed cloak, that when worn, renders up to two individuals invisible.
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Dark hair for catching the wind, not to veil the sight of a cold world
It had begun. Seren wished she could feel a sense of calm and certainty about all of this, but with a racing pulse and a heavy dread to leaden her limbs, it was probably miracle enough that she was able to control her breathing at all.

Being carried was... a little embarrassing, though. Even whilst under the cloak, clinging to Deimos' broad back and privy to the steady, calm heartbeats of the former General, Seren kept glancing around nervously. Afraid someone would see them, and laugh. Surely this had to look ridiculous.

Maintaining a steady pulse of gravity to lighten herself as much as she could, the girl held Deimos' bag wedged firmly between herself and the Sword, to keep any of the bottles and items within from clattering. Her own contributions to this endeavor lay in herself, and her presence; unarmed save for a dagger at her belt. Terrified that it might end up needed. Worried sick about a tendency for night to trail after her moving limbs - of all times, why did her powers have to change now?

She kept hoping that the enchanted cloak would be able to shield that too. And that moving herself not at all would keep from triggering... whatever it was.

- Seren is being carried on Deimos back, using Gravity Pulse on herself to make her as light as possible, and is keeping Deimos Bag of Holding wedged between them so nothing will rattle.

Magic: Gravity Pulse | Can increase or decrease gravity within 15ft of her body. When used on herself she can jump higher/take larger bouncier steps/hover 10ft off the ground /etc, or root herself or something/someone else in place (Must have a str of +15 to move her/the item). Not effective against large structures like houses.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

- She is doing her best to remain very very still and motionless so that her passive magic won't give them away.
- She is carrying 1 dagger at her belt.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

With dexterity, magic, and planning on their side, Deimos and Seren invisibly enter the room completely unnoticed.

This thread has become KQ: no one is allowed to make new threads that occur prior to this point until the thread is over.

Please treat your replies like a KQ, insofar as you describe actions taken in your summary. You may have as much dialogue as you want, but in terms of actions taken, they are now constrained by the ~6 seconds you would have in a KQ.

In your next posts, please list all items that you realistically have with you at this time (including items from your profile, as well as not).

Your posting order is Hotaru, Noah, Morgan, Deimos, Seren
You have 24 hours to reply.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru cannot keep herself from melting into Noah's embrace when it comes, the strength and surety of his arms around her chasing away the shadows of doubt that linger. The spirit's voice hisses in her head, but she ignores it as well as she can. Eight seasons. It must be done.

Morgan is composed and businesslike as they enter, one after the other. Only when Deimos' voice rumbles in her head does she nod to Morgan's invitation, turning to close the doors for privacy. She does sit, as she is bid, moments after. Even now her feet ache, lower back complaining and hips twinging with the weight of a pregnancy that she is beginning to suspect is alluding to twins. Once seated, Hotaru wraps her arms securely around her belly, both to take the weight off her pelvis and to lay the flat of her forearm across it - her beautiful bracer, ever-present, arcing across the most vulnerable part of her. Her voice fills the room, commanding and eloquent - and equally, a veil to conceal any errant noises.

"It was a disaster of a trial, if they ever intended it to seem like one," she starts, voice steady but fair browns drawn tight. "The first day was spent with them screaming insults at me, overtalking and degrading me regardless of what I said. When I refused to talk about anything but the night of the fire, they held me in a cell and resorted to individual interrogations. I told them I would stay a few days, and a few days only - I didn't see the need for more than that." Even now she doesn't. They could know without a shadow of a doubt that she'd help start it, but unless they gave up their witness, they would not be punishing her. Simple as that. "Each individual one seemed to go worse than the last. They even had their Arbiter interrogate me - the woman that killed Atlas that night - and she came in to immediately mock me." Her hands clench, and she breathes out through her nose slowly to keep her simmering anger at bay. Aurelia herself is little more than a gnat on her radar - meaningless, a child playing god. Vengeance is far from her mind. Not when she has been thinking of ways to convince Ludo to bring Atlas back to her. Not when this has been her primary focus.

"Sunjata only said she would be spoken to. No trial, no punishments. They have no proof against me, no witnesses they would bring forth, and yet they let her not only walk free after killing a companion - they gave her power over me in that room." Fire crackles in the paleness of her irises. This story is for more than just Morgan's ears. Deimos and Noah both had no idea what had transpired since she had been held in Torchline. "Even after all that, they said they would hold me for a week. Refused to let me contact anybody as well." Sighing, the hand without the bracer lifts to pinch the bridge of her nose, exasperated and exhausted in turn.

"Remi came to visit in my dreams, to check on myself and the baby. When he realized what was going on, he transported me to freedom with his magic, and said he would tell Sunjata he'd done it and take responsibility. I came home directly after." Hand dropping back down to cradle her stomach, she opens her eyes to look at Morgan where she leans across the desk. "They can choose to ban me, but I want nothing to do with them or Torchline moving forward. And I won't entertain a punishment I don't deserve." Even if she rightfully does.

Then she stills, and her expression goes pensive. "But something else is on my mind as well. When I arrived back home, I was told of a warning given at the party we were all invited to. One regarding the war. Morgan - where does Halo stand in terms of the Ascended?"

She wonders if the pendant Deimos wears will flare against his skin should the Warden lie.

- - -

- Hotaru closes the doors behind them, and sits in the chair opposite Morgan's desk. She arranges her reflective bracer over her belly, and begins to tell Morgan about her time in Torchline.

Hotaru has all her magical items listed on her profile currently on her:

Type: Dark
Truth Serum | A vial of flavorless truth serum that compels the consumer to tell the truth for the next 5 posts, then slowly wears.

Ornate Leather Bracers (Upgraded) | The wearer can, at will, redirect both magical and physical attacks. For magical attacks, can redirect them within 10ft. Physical attacks must be within melee range to be directed, and can then be redirected within 10ft.

Type: Light
Hot Springs Water | Water from the Frey’s Breath hot spring. It can heal the user with Mastered healing magic. One use only.

Leather Jacket | A leather jacket that can reflect basic fire damage away from the wearer. Can be used again after a two post cool-off period. (Made by Deimos)
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
The fact of what might happen today brought an anxiety and anticipation within the hunter that he had never felt before. As he stood there for a moment on the other side of the door as Hotaru, he waited for the sign that the once-General would be following on their heels like agreed. Dressed in his normal attire, the hunter even had his general bag slung over his shoulder. While he was here now with Hotaru as a matter of Halovian government business, he was still himself tried and true.

Just as Morgan gestured for them to sit down, the hunter received the transmission through the bond from the once-General. Swiftly, he closed the door. Then, Noah stepped up as Hotaru took a seat. Rather than sitting in his own chair, however, the hunter perched himself halfway on the arm of the chair. Again, another mannerism that was not unusual for the man. Eira took the seat, however, reclining on white haunches and curling her long tail around her paws and talons. Silently, like a guardian gargoyle the hunter listened as Hotaru recalled her experience in Torchline. It made his blood boil, and the heat rose beneath his oilskin collar.

When her questions turned to Halo's intentions and interactions with the war, Noah followed with his own statement: "I have been wondering the same thing as of late." Neutral, general, and what one would call normal for the hunter was the tone that wrapped itself around the words he spoke. He turned glacier eyes from Hotaru to Morgan, patient as he could for her response.

----

Noah closes the door as Deimos asked. Then he sat on the arm of the chair next to Hotaru, and his companion sat in the chair. He asked Morgan about Halo's intentions following Hotaru's statement and questions.

Noah has:
- A canvas bag filled with: several rations of dried foods, a jar of salve, .
- Three hunting knives
- His companion
then I'm willing to
wait for it
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Hearing of the trial Hotaru had gone to was troubling, to say the least; Morgan was someone that tried to stay official when possible. That wasn't to say she didn't have her more passionate moments, but if she had promised a trial, she would have tried to deliver a real trial. That Sunjata did not feel the need for the same decorum was troubling. That said, she couldn't trust Hotaru's opinion alone; making a mental note to ask someone else about it later, she for the moment sympathetically nodded along.

"Well. I am sorry to hear it went so poorly and I am glad you have returned to us unharmed. I'm sure it has been stressful, during.." Gesturing to Hotaru's pregnant belly, Morgan gave a light smile. She was about to ask if there was anything she could do to help Hotaru through until her (and after) birth, but then a question came that threw her off.

Not expecting to be asked about the Ascended on the back of what Hotaru had been talking about, she took a moment to process the question, glancing at Noah as he spoke too. She didn't have any reason to not tell them; Morgan had always operated on openness when she could. Placing her hands one over the other on the desk before her, she spoke as eloquently as she could given the sudden nature of the query.

"Well...In so much as my opinion would be Halos, which may not be the case - I have been meaning to hold a meeting to gauge how the people of the Citadel feel - I think many people simplify the issue too much, from their own sides. I would like to keep some kind of neutrality, if possible. The Citadel has benefited from help from Frey and I would not be opposed to further collaborations with Old Gods, however I see no reason to not accept help from the Voice as well. I believe a neutral stance is the fairest and safest for Halo; we have Ascended citizens, and citizens that follow the Old Gods too; I must try to represent both interests."

She sighed. "I know both sides will likely view that neutrality as siding with their opposite, but there is little I can do about that. Always, my first priority is Halo and it's people. I believe most here would agree to wish to stay out of it, but if they people said they particularly felt one way or another, I would take that into consideration. Does that answer your question?"

It was all truthful, all said in the best way she could think of to say it. The laying out of her priorities and thoughts on the desk before her, as simple as she could make it. Morgan looked expectantly at Noah and Hotaru, waiting to see what they thought of her view.

---
Morgan has:

Type: Light
Heat-Cloak | A magical cloak that always keeps the wearer warm.

Amor Pendant | A pendant that hangs over Morgan’s chest. When pressed, it magically armors her torso down to her hips. (Made by Deimos)

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Earth Manipulation: Can manipulate the earth. Must be within a 5ft radius, control is weak and unstable and requires concentration.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

And Eunike is likely nearby, though not in the room.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Strung together in silence, in stealth, the monolith stood ramrod still as Hotaru shared her experiences. There was a tightening of his jaw, a clenching of his fists underneath cloak and fabric and darkness, managing to keep a lid on the sudden rage. He knew better. The Flood’s actions always seemed to spurn some manner of abhorrence as of late; but the moments were gone. Nothing to be done. Finite. They had other notions to carry on within.

He took a breath, then listened to Morgan’s speech, waiting for something to flare against his chest, where the pendant rested. But naught substantial – either too much was said, the statements long and difficult to parse for the object, or they were woven in veracity and candor. No lies, he offered to Noah and Hotaru.

But then, where to go from here?

The calculations spun, and his eyes went to the shut door, the windows along the office. Keep her talking measured in Attuned bonds and rumbles. Distractions and deterrents while he set up some defensive procedures – briefly, obnoxiously, patting Seren on the head in some manner of reassurance. Ask how she wants to involve the Voice. Or about Neron. Anything to delay, stall, and grant them more information.

Thereafter, he began to unfurl earthen enchantments. Very carefully, slowly, the Sword intended to orchestrate them from the bottom of the door and upwards; vines, roots, stones, and rock pillars, to ensure no one could enter. Or leave.

--

Deimos tells Noah and Hotaru to continue distracting Morgan, while he tries to use his Mastered Earth to wall up/seal the office door off.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Other than his magical items, his bag of holding contains sleeping potions and poisonous potions, made here: unburned and alive

Magical Items currently on him:

Bag of Holding | A bag that can hold an infinite number of items, so long as they fit within the bag's 3ft x 3ft opening. The bag always feels nearly weightless, but always looks about 75% full.

Ascended Sword | Made from starlight and ascended-fluid, this blade can kill an ascended instantly (with permission); in PQ+/KQs the blade's damage increases the more ascended fluid it sheds. Is particularly lethal to Samuel Wordsworth.

Invisibility Cloak | (Upgraded) Ornate, detailed cloak, that when worn, renders up to two individuals invisible.

Bone Ear-Cuffs (pair) | When worn by two individuals, communication is possible between them regardless of distance. Conversations are opened and closed by reciting the individual's full name.

Truth Pendant (Basic) | Will pulse with warmth when a lie is spoken within 5ft. If a character is speaking, it cannot reliably be used to pick out specifically what they are saying is a lie, if multiple claims are uttered.

Bag of Silence (upgraded): A sturdy canvas bag, around six feet tall when closed. At Deimos’s mental command, the bag becomes invisible and completely soundproof. Made by Deimos.
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Dark hair for catching the wind, not to veil the sight of a cold world
Half of these conversations were lost on Seren. To be perfectly honest, she focused so much on simply breathing softly and staying magically light while motionless that even the parts of Morgan's and Hotaru's exchange she could hear wound up as meaningless noise in her ears. All her thoughts were on readiness, on reading the tension within Deimos' shoulders so that she might be ready when - if - he suddenly sprang into motion.

The reaching hand upon her head - meant to reassure and soothe - almost made her lose her grip on him, so startled was she. No doubt the death-like grip of her arms around his neck was a giveaway of the terror that haunted the girl, or the man was just that sweet and in either case, Seren knew she would have to bring him cookies and flowers when all of this was over. Because it helped, grounded her, brought her back from a daze of worry and fear.

Some of the ringing subsided from her ears, and she was able to breathe easier. Just a bit. Just enough to actually listen to the conversation and its twists and turns. It pained her to be here. Morgan sounded like she actually cared about Halo. Was this... really necessary? Could they really not just talk things out?

Transfixed, she watched Deimos set to work on the door. Even now, when its purpose was to bar and close in - Seren couldn't help but admire the stirrings of magic and what it could do.  

Seren is focusing really hard on being still and breathing softly and keeping herself weightless using Gravity Pulse. While she does listen to the conversation, most of her attention is readiness to act should it be necessary.

Magic: Gravity Pulse | Can increase or decrease gravity within 15ft of her body. When used on herself she can jump higher/take larger bouncier steps/hover 10ft off the ground /etc, or root herself or something/someone else in place (Must have a str of +15 to move her/the item). Not effective against large structures like houses.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

Seren has 1 dagger at her belt.
No other items.

UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath) - Nearby, but outside the Palace.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Earth begins to appear around the doorframe, blotting out the light and voices that exist outside. It fills in the cracks and spaces left by previous carpenters and builders, solidifying to something like stone around the porous wood of the door.

The door is still a fairly weak point, made of wood as it is. Deimos would have to pass earth and stone around it to properly fortify it. This would of course alert Morgan of his presence no doubt. But for now, the door is about 25% stronger than before.

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your posting order is Hotaru, Noah, Morgan, Deimos, Seren
You have 24 hours to reply.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
A weak smile graces her pretty face. Morgan's understanding only makes things harder, but Hotaru has done much worse things to kinder people. It's an unfortunate history, but one that lends her strength and certainty. "I was lucky enough to have a healer check after the event, before I arrived. Luckily the stress did not have a detrimental effect." Her hand cups her belly protectively, glad that the baby inside is not moving about today as they have slowly started to do. It lets her focus more clearly on Morgan's words, and though they come in a long stream Hotaru's sharp attention never wavers. Deimos' words come clear and resounding in her head after, confirming no lies.

"It's not easy to represent an entire people," she agrees softly. "Though many of our Ascended citizens seem to have departed I've noticed." Kiada, Elide. Were there any other Ascended that lived in Halo anymore aside from Neron? Despite the desire to fold her hands over the ends of the arm rests, Hotaru stubbornly keeps her arm protectively curved around her stomach as her eyes lift to find Morgan's. "And what of Neron? Does your relationship with him not bias you? The Voice could control him at any moment with the coming war - your own life could be at stake. Any of your council. Can you be neutral at all, when your heart is tied to The Voice because of his existence?" Her voice has gone implacable, hardened. She has earned the right to be so cruel, so expectant. Hotaru had to agree to do this despite her feelings for Nate. Her love for Kiada. She has already sacrificed so much to ensure The Voice would not win, and the war had not even begun.

Sighing softly, she does soften a moment later. "I don't want to hide this from you Morgan. I respect you very much as our Warden, and as a woman." But life is not fair, and Hotaru has chosen a path she cannot - will not - retreat from. "There have been orders, from the Gods themselves, to ensure Halo's loyalties as a land are committed to the Old Gods. They are not unaware of your ties to Neron - they were the ones to tell us about your relationship in the first place." Though Safrin's orders had been for Deimos directly, she would not betray the man's current presence, or single him out at all. "Those orders were given with the expectation that your position be taken by force." Pale, iridescent irises settle on the Glacier. Open and honest, even if what is being shared is treason of the highest order, and a betrayal aside. Safrin had not said those exact words, and surely Deimos' pendant would warm with the lie. But Hotaru would not give the Warden the chance to say she would change allegiances verbally, and not follow through - or retaliate against them in some other way. The risk was simply too high, as much as she desired such an easy and peaceful conclusion to the matter.
HOTARU
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
The hunter stayed still as a statue as the crew worked through their orchestrated tasks. Hotaru followed through on Deimos’ prompting without missing a beat. It was obvious, from their side of this, that she had done this sort of talking before, worked through plans of war and invasion and politics. Eira’s mind flashed with anticipation as the seconds rolled on, though from the outside the companion appeared quite the same as her bonded: as stoic and cold and strong as The Fangs.

Morgan, Captain turned politician, even as her response came as truthful as a Luxere fawn, made Noah’s stomach turn. The hunter’s jaw feathered as the questions were posed about the woman’s relationship with Neron. It was his allegiance with The Voice that brought the slaughter of Morgan’s soldiers. Each of them died in the brutality of the failure of the past Warden. The fact that Morgan aligned herself with him—shared a bed with him—took Noah’s opinion of her and lowered it to a place he was sure she would have never gone. ”The Old Gods have brought us safety and provision — the Voice has brought us, and others, only destruction and devastation.” Noah’s statement was definitive and matter of fact, and his mind rolled through what Deimos had shared with him of her choices and actions.

”To say that we are neutral is to say that we are cowards.” The sentinel of a man spoke with words as cold and unforgiving as the frozen place they lived in. ”There is no option here. You either step aside as Warden, and take Neron away from this place, as supporters of the Voice—or we will take this title from you.”

then I'm willing to
wait for it