how they armor themselves for you
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
A steady breath resided within his chest; even if he couldn’t quite feel it reaching the tips of his fingers, the depths of his palms. They stretched and flexed as he walked closer and closer to the shrine, a slow, meticulous stride as he processed a change of positions, an alteration in schisms, the depth of betrayal, and what it all meant in the end.

Safety for Halo. For people he’d vowed to protect. For promises and convictions he’d made. At the very least he’d been capable of upholding these.

He bowed his head at the altar, another deep inhale walling and unfurling, before extending his offerings in another gilded inclination of incantations and enchantments: strings of lights, of stars, meant to convey the sky, the galaxies, the constellations, curling and contorting on a necklace, before hanging it on one of the mantle pieces. For mercy, for forgiveness, for the clemency he'd enacted upon. The Sword stepped back, tilting his head, studying the room around him before extending his voice into the void. “Safrin, the Old Gods have Halo now.” Which she would’ve seen, would’ve known – the task complete.

--

Due to the latest KQ takeover, Deimos has helped Halo’s leadership side with the Old Gods: {KQ} all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath

Task given here: allowed to reach
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Light gathers and pulses softly as if all the air and light in the room has just taken one big breath and slowly exhaled it. In a whisper she is there, adorned by starlight and sweetness. Though Deimos will always be taller than she, Safrin seems to simultaneously remain petite before him, as ambiguous as her height is. She is both large and small, touchable as she is enigmatic and distant.

"I can't say you wasted much time..." Safrin muses, clearly pleased. 'Though I would certainly say it's far more than Halo's alignment which has shifted." Her smile grows as she strides near, the satin-sheen of her gown clinging to her curves and glistening softly from the light she seems to emanate.

"I did tell you that you would be rewarded for this Deimos, and indeed you will. There is just one last little thing.."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
It didn’t take her long, and perhaps he was grateful for that; no need to stew, to brood, to become immersed in his own thoughts. A long, withering sigh unfurled again, and he managed a smile at her words. “There were too many lives at stake to simply meander.” Inhabitants of Halo, stretching beyond means and factions, and too many other things to do thereafter – his mind a multitude of defenses and walls, structures and beacons, parameters and possibilities. But for now, that was out of his hands.

Her other statements though left him confused and perplexed – brows furrowing, giving away the uncertainty, the ignorance, before his voice could. “What do you mean?” More than alignments shifting? At some bout of the world he’d once figured any reward meant a lack of punishment, a way to unfurl and fill in the cracks, the crags, of the crimes he’d committed. “What more needs to be done?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
"More than just lives at stake." She adds with a coy shrug of her shoulders. Deimos' reputation with her was on the line as well. Still so many walls he had up...and yet they were so much easier to climb now that a few footholds had been added.

"I would make you one of my own Deimos. Properly one of my own. Not just your knees as they bow to me, not your hands folded in fealty. But every part of you, right down to the smallest fleck of bone." Her perfectly painted lips twitch at the corners with the ghost of a smile, as she comes to stand directly before him. "All of my followers must swear their loyalty. Those I help to change, as I did once with you, must swear their unwavering allegiance. But to be raised higher than that?"

Her shoulders shrug as the distance between them diminishes completely. One of her hands rises up the front of his cloak until her fingers find the strong line of his jaw. "Nothing short of a declaration of love can do that."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
He had no mask for the surprise clinging to his features. It wasn’t a common look on him: mouth agape, jaw slackened, eyes widening, rounding, inherently boyish and juvenile when the reticence spilled, clattered, pieced away. Stunned, much like he’d been with the Mathair, though not because of any deity rising from mud or threatening to devour him, but because of the opportunity, the gesture bestowed upon him.

Because something in the back of his mind yawned and yearned to stretch into the void and reiterate that he wasn’t worth it.

Except, maybe…maybe he was.

And the assertion somewhere in his soul clung and whispered in his mind, where he’d once craved to be a part of anything and everything. “I would be honored to be considered one of yours.” As he'd been; loyal, steadfast.

And love? What he’d grasped for and lost so often, like fleeting little barbs? Promises that were abandoned, chased away in the wind, in the rain, in the stars? Family and friends and those held near and dear to his heart, slashed and broken, etched and lined in the abyss?

“You must know I do not love easily.” His eyes glanced down, at hers, at the hand on his cloak, jaw lined by her fingers. Always guarded, always walled, a crumbling, manifested thing, trying hard to peel away those layers for her to see. “I cherish my friends and family, and those that manage to slip in the cracks.” A smile, crinkling along the edges of his mouth followed suit. “I have never done so for a deity – but I can for you.” A different proportion; motions and emotions he was capable of giving and granting to the being who’d given him multitudes of chances and aspirations over and over and over again. “For your graciousness, patience, power, and compassion. I will give mine in return.” But likely - it wasn't enough. Not in the way she meant.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace

Change author:
Safrin
"Rarely are easy things worth more than the time it takes to achieve them." Safrin says with a coquettish shrug as she peers up at him from beneath her long lashes. What he says next does not temper her smile which remains as perfectly placed and beautiful as ever. Though the air grows stiff and cold, like a corpse made to look compelling and realistic, but just..isn't.

"That is not what I asked for."

In a flash she is away from him, back turned, her silhouette made bright by the lightning that suddenly flashes outside. "In your retellings of this moment, will you twist this as you have twisted so much else in your life? That you just couldn't, because of your walls and turrets and the parapets of your heart? How it was your upbringing, the wars fought, the losses that are to blame now? I could have had it all, but alas the world was just too cruel and once again I have lost?" Safrin had thought her quest would have shaken away the cobwebs and dirt that coated that seemed to have clogged Deimos's ability to see for himself that he could master his own emotions and reactions to things. Evidently not enough.

"Repeat after me, Deimos. Word for word." Turning her head over her shoulder, her dark eyes fix solidly upon him. "I could have been made to shine with the light of a thousand suns. I could have had love and been loved. And I said no."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Ah, he’d known it wasn’t the right answer, not the perceptions, not the emotions, she’d wanted. Cold and colder still, and he breathed through the haze in his calm manner, eyes downcast, listening, always listening, before his resolute stare landed back upon her. “No, I will not. Nor has my allegiance to you changed.” His devotion, his loyalty, all still there, all in the foundation of everything he’d become – but this was on him. He followed and he cherished, but not in the way she preferred – and that was all he had to give. This was in his control, in his choices, in the way he had lived and breathed – for his love didn’t come on chains, tethers, and shackles. Didn’t believe it should.

So he adhered to her command, to the phrases listed, understanding the position he was taking – no stars in his bones, no galaxies in his veins; his own being, capable of following, of giving, of granting, but within limits and parameters, of likely dying by blades and warfare, mortal and mortal remaining. The rumble began low in his chest, and exuded in finality, repeating. “I could have been made to shine with the light of a thousand suns. I could have had love and been loved. And I said no.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace

Change author:
Safrin
Disappoint rains inside the shrine just as clearly as the storm outside continues to. With a deep inhale Safrin turns her eyes back outside once more as a bolt of lightning strikes the building. With a hand outstretched, Safrin pulls back what appears to be a stone illuminated from within by pulsing fever-hot light.

"Just so long as we understand one another." She whispers once Deimos has repeated her words. Turning, her disappointment in him tempered somewhat by his ability to follow instruction, Safrin lets her eyes rove over him. "Those we love and who love us will always have the world laid at their feet. I am sorry for us both that that isn't a path you are going to walk." Sounding as though she genuinely means it, the goddess turns her eyes toward the glowing stone in her hands.

"But you have served me well Deimos, and for that I am most appreciative. I do not offer myself to everyone, nor do I take rejection kindly. Even so..." Holding out the stone, should the Sword take it, he will feel thunder roar in his bones as lightning halos his vision for a moment. "...you have done well."

Deimos has been given a Thunderbird shift with the following abilities:

Thunderbird: Can shoot lightning (mastered) from its eyes, and can create the roar of thunder with the beat of its wings.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The storm outside beckoned and he maintained his composure, waiting for something else to fall, to be picked away, to be quartered off and segmented. Her disappointment was a tangible thing, and though he didn’t relish being the one who’d, once again, conjured it, the understandings and implications were there. It wasn’t an offer he’d taken for granted, but knowing full well it wasn’t his place. “I am honored that I was considered enough by you.” Because it was the truth, veracity wrapped up in a place not behind his teeth, or muffled away, but in the depths of his bowed head, in the fortitude of might. He’d carve his own wake too; even if the world couldn’t be laid at his feet.

In between the hurt decibels, and the notions of devotion, he hadn’t believed he’d receive anything else. But his gaze segmented back to the stone, taking this offering; the thunder amplified in his heart, in his lungs, plucking at his vision until he saw lightning flash – an accord of something else tugging into his void. “Thank you. And I only did well due to your direction and clemency.” The howling echoed in his ears, persisted through his lungs, and he lifted his eyes back to her. “Is there anything more Halo needs to do for the Old Gods?” In between shrines and portals, in between the masses of defenses, and incoming storms – his munitions might not be the same as a deity’s.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace

Change author:
Safrin
"Merely keep her in our name." Safrin says with a shake of her head. "The ascended will likely not be pleased, nor will whoever is still loyal to Morgan. But so long as Halo remains pledged to the Old Gods, all will be well." It mattered little that Hotaru was in charge, or that Noah—a Frey follower—ruled alongside her. So long as they pledged themselves on the right side of things, Safrin would take whatever victories she could get.

Especially in the wake of such a monumental loss.

"Go, explore the skies anew. Add your own touches of light to my starry skies, and keep Halo safe. I take it you will be her defender once again now that Morgan is gone?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Perhaps keeping Halo in the Old Gods’ reach would be enough of a challenge; given the other particulars. The impending circle of something else, more than just fabrications of war, skimming and seething, lancing down over shoulders. Work to be done, and he’d certainly made another mess here today. It would be all in how he managed to navigate the mire; most of his own creation. “Understood.”

Other questions gnawed at him, but it’d be for another time, another place; not this one, which had been lacquered and layered in disappointments, in pain, in manifested boundaries. Instead, he would answer hers, and then no longer take up any of her time; the actions done, the die cast, the manifestations clear and distinct. “I will,” to the promise of lighting up the sky, the plumage new and crackling in his blood. “And in whatever capacity they need me. But yes, I intend to protect it.” All of it; the land, the people, the vestiges – what he’d sworn to do so long ago. Eyes downcast and lifting, shoulders shifting, placing new weights and responsibilities his to possess. “Thank you for giving me your guidance.”

A bow of his head, and then he could be gone, into those stormy, brooding skies.

{FIN}
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace