that's the thing with anger, it begs to stick around
Ludo Quest Turn In
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I can give you freedom from your guilt with a flick of my wrist
LongNight had been peaceful and silent in the Woods, and with spring on the horizon and change underway Nephele finds herself standing at Ludo's shrine feeling as if many things had happened and yet nothing at all had changed at the same time. A downfall of such long lifespans. Nephele cannot comprehend how Ludo must feel if humans look at Fae with such awe when made aware of their ages.

The Greatwood's protections were underway, and though she had pulled her hands back from the machinations themselves after being faced with Nikolai and realizing the crown would strangle her if she killed the beast, they had successfully earned a second chance from Safrin. She had unknowingly met Vi's new chosen, though that was when he still held himself to Frey's name. And even Safrin's child, Maeve, had been part of the Fae's quest. She couldn't have done it alone (much as Neph may have desired that) but success was all that mattered in the end.

She has arrived with the materials Ludo had requested, wondering what the deity might be able to do with the vial of Ascended fluid she had given to it last time. Among the offerings is a more private one for Ludo this time - a boat on wheels, to be pulled about with a little string with baubles attached along its length, and a mast that would spin cheerily when the wheels turned. "I have returned as promised Ludo," she murmurs as she kneels, hand idly stroking the branch she'd taken from Mathair.

- - -

Quest turn in for Ludo!

- Complete a thread with Remi to speak further about the Greatwood defenses.
what helps us sleep at night
- Complete a thread collecting a branch from the Mathair tree (respectfully!)
so that we may grow
- Complete a thread collecting a few precious stones from the Whispershore
in this kingdom of unlikely wonders
I can give you death with the look upon my face
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

"Oh I love boats!" Obviously Ludo is most interested in the offering that has been brought for it, and it ignores the gathered materials for now. It hasn't entirely forgotten Nephele though (unlike the writer of this post), for the little vial of Ascended fluid appears within the boat as it tugs itself around without anyone pulling the string. Eventually, of course, the deity appears, ragged and ethereal and gazing down upon the Fae with as close a thing to pride in its expression as there ever is.

"Look at these things! How wonderful!" It claps its rags together, plucking out the vial of fluid and waving another strip of fabric to conjure the branch and the jewels into the air. "Are you ready? I will show you a trick."

Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Nephele has always been a more severe individual, but Ludo’s enthusiasm has yet to fail to make her crack a childish smile. Watching the boat tug along, mast cheerily dancing along, Nephele runs her fingers along the rags she wears and doesn’t startle when the deity at last appears in smoky tendrils. The pride on its smooth mask, or perhaps otherwise felt, makes her bloom inside.

Standing as the items are levitated into the air, skin prickling at the easy display of power, the childish smile becomes distinctly sharklike. The Ascended are not the only one with fangs in this war. “I’m ready,” she breathes, nearly vibrating with eager anticipation.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ludo

She is ready, Ludo is ready - so without further ado, it begins its trick. Before Nephele's eyes, it would appear that the Mathair branch seems to warp and glow, turning into something molten but at the same time still definitely wooden. And the gems and the Ascended fluid thread into it, winding and embedding until, with a pop! that feels as though it should be a much more grand noise (it's Ludo, sorry), it is complete.

"Ta daaaa!" says Ludo, offering the staff out to Nephele. "This should stop any Ascended's pesky upgrades getting the better of you!"

Nephele has completed her quest and has received the following!

Greatwood Staff | A staff carved from one of the Mathair's branches, bejewelled with precious gems from the Whispershore and infused with Ascended fluid. When tapped twice in succession against a surface, basic Ascended upgrades are nullified within 5ft of the staff for 1 post. One use per thread.

Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
Nephele has watched all manner of magic be woven in Caido, and yet there is nothing quite as mystifying and beautiful as what Ludo performs so easily. Climax is quite unnecessary when she is already so awed by Ludo's presence, though her lips twitch at the amusing pop of noise that signifies the finality of the creation of...a staff?

There is a purposeful intent to the curl of her fingers around the wood as it is laid in her hands. A shark smile stretches her lips, recalling Nate and Wessex's horrible, unnatural exertions against her in the Wilds. They would have no such success next time.

"Thank you, Ludo," she breathes in exaltation. Neph gently sets the end of the staff against the earth at her side, realizing she had forgotten one last thing to share. "I had to still my hand from the throat of one of the pretender's creations because of my title as Guardian. I stepped down shortly after - I cannot act as your dagger if I am so restricted, and that is what I desire to be." A weapon for Ludo to wield, a creature of chaos to cull the mechanical beings that plague their land. "Such opportunities cannot continue to be missed. But I realized in the moment that my illusions are as yet imperfect." And as such cannot be relied upon to conceal her identity if she is to work from the shadows. Ludo's Rags and her own binding can conceal her wings, clay her hair, but her face? Her voice? Such things are harder.

"Could you make a mask like yours? One that cannot be easily removed?" If it is to be more magical and audibly altering in nature, surely Ludo will send her on another journey for materials that she will happily fulfill, but empty stomachs are not filled by silently wanting, and Nephele would rather be told no than not try at all. Not if it means she can return to her more...murderous ways.
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

Thank you, she says, and in almost the same breath, but can you do something else for me? Ludo considers her for a moment, seeming suddenly darker, suddenly more than, as if the conversation could go either way at any second. But eventually whatever chaos lays within it quietens, and Ludo settles once more before Nephele.

"All things can be removed," it says with a shrug of its rags. "But certainly, it can be made more difficult. If you would like a mask, sweetling, you will need to make one. Let us begin."

Nephele has received a quest from Ludo! She must:

- Complete a thread collecting a branch from a Wicker Woman

- Complete a thread having the branch carved into a mask in whatever shape she chooses

- Thread with someone who has Mastered Illusion magic, and have them cast Illusions on the mask.

- Complete a thread collecting spines from a Dream Cactus