Eyes and scales
Quest turn in for the Voice!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai entered the shrine with barely concealed excitement. He'd finally completed all of the tasks and acquired all of the materials that the Voice had requested of him. Accompanying him was his new friend, a wild hanging snake he'd met at the Glade. After helping him with a prank only to be thrown by Nate, Nikolai had decided to keep the little guy as a pet.

Coming to the altar, Nikolai placed the obsidian sphere he'd carved and the jar containing the still alive paper wasp. Beside them he also gently placed a small notebook he'd filled with poems. Though he'd deny for the rest of his life that he'd written them. But secretly he hoped that being something new to read, they'd at least be some entertainment for the Voice.

Stepping back, Nikolai spoke, "Hello my Lady. Thank you again for this opportunity. I've brought the items you requested, and I spoke with Nate about his upgrade." He reached up and gave the snake a small pat on the head, "I also made a new friend along the way, and I had a question regarding him if you had the time?"

Nikola is turning in his quest given here: Strategic Eyes please?

- Complete 1 thread obtaining some obsidian from the Spire and carving it into a sphere - Complete 1 thread catching a paper wasp in the Atheneum - Complete 1 thread interacting with a fellow Ascended with an optical upgrade (any), discussing the upgrade in the thread.
He's also giving an offering of a book of poems he wrote (he'll deny authorship) and asks if he could inquiry something about the wild hanging snake friend that he's brought with him.
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
The Voice does not have the time, regrettably (i.e. the roll for a new shrine thread failed), but she does appear to bestow the upgrade on Nikolai. Flickering with static electricity, this also wraps about the sphere and the paper wasp, both of which flicker away to only she knows where. "You have done very well, bright one," she all but sings, drawing close to let fizzing fingers brush across his cheeks and across his eyelids.

"Now go forth and delve deep into Caido's knowledge. In the meantime, I will peruse these rather interesting poems..." Does she mention that she knows this is his poetry? Of course she doesn't.

Nikolai has completed his quest and has received the following:

Type: Grey
Optical Upgrade: Can translate written words regardless of the language. Eyes glow blue when in use. (OOC: Will translate two plot-related text per season.)

Coding base by Sky!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
As soon as the Voice materializes, Nikolai feels a rush of calm. Her presence soothes something deep in the young Ascended that he can't quite name. A sense of belonging, of acceptance, of safety, or maybe it was just contentless. Regardless her appearance brings a warm smile to Nikolai's face, "Hello my Lady."

The Voice's praise however has Nikolai ducking his head and flushing, "Thank you." The touch across his face is fleeting but it makes his sensors hum contently, a similar sensation to when his mom brushes the hair from his face.

The reminder of knowledge makes the young Ascended nod eagerly, "I will, I promise. Thank you for your help, my Lady." He didn't fault her for the short interaction, knowing she was likely busy. He was glad to have even a moment of his Goddess' time.

Giving the Goddess a respectful nod as she leaves, Nikolai secretly hopes she approves of the poems. He felt like a child showing their fingerpainting to their amused parent. In a way, he kind of was. But if the Voice as knowledgably as she was, was even remotely entertained by his efforts then it'd be worth it. After one last smile, Nikolai leaves the shrine, eager to test out his new eyes.

-{FIN}
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows