consolidate their gifts
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ISLA

Isla goes alone to the Underground. She feels as though it's better this way, and she's checked already with Wessex - there's nothing further that needs to be done to perfect their... Spire cannon, she supposes.

Honestly, it's not a time for celebration, not for the Remedy. With so many dead, two of them friends, it's a difficult thing to rally oneself over and over. But this is for the good of the Grounds, and so hiding under the covers at home will have to wait.

"Great lady," she says, speaking to the echoing space. "We have done all that is required for the weapon at the Spire. Thank you for being patient with us. And I am so sorry, for all our family has lost of late."

RQ TURN IN!

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 12* active Grounders. This means 6 unique characters have to participate. Characters can participate more than once. Bastien and Isla must participate in at least 2 threads each, Wessex must participate in at least 1.

1. A PQ of 4 characters removing debris from the Spire

{PQ} {RQ} get to the core of it Attended by Isla, Mabel, Cameron and Nikolai

2. 1 thread sourcing metal and having it fashioned into a lightning rod, and 1 thread attaching the lightning rod to the top of the Spire

{RQ} it's perfectly strange, you run through my veins Sourcing metal for the lightning rod with Nikolai and Wessex
{RQ cont} this one is for the folks at home Fashioning the metal into a lightning rod with Nikolai and Wessex (continuation of the first thread above)
dont know where your mind is Attached the lightning rod with Azrael and Bastien

3. A ME discussing how to trigger the attack ( should leaders have a button, should there be a central switch someone anyone can press, should there be a tracking device you attach to someone so that it specifically targets them, etc etc)

{Mini Event} {RQ} pulling the trigger Attended by Isla, Cameron, Bastien, Mabel, Wessex, Nikolai, Varus.

The group decided that there would be a central switch inside the Spire that would require TWO Ascended to trigger the attack. Aiming of the cannon will also take place inside the Spire, and it was decided that there will also be a killswitch in case of a change of plan.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the devil is not as black as he is painted
It pleases The Voice more than Isla can know that she hasn't been summoned to the Temple. Here, in the ground where her presence was first re-felt by her children, seems an appropriate and welcome place to be called. Appearing without sparks or zing, the Voice looks not unlike how a medical patient might after a prolonged stay in a hospital. Discharged but still weak, she appears without fanfare, merely materializing upon the shrine.

"Loss is something we must expect, and yet that does not make it any easier to bear." The Voice agrees. "I am pleased with how you have handled the Grounds during your reign Isla. Now tell me just how you would like this weapon to function."
the VOICE
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ISLA

Smiling as warmly as she can at the sight of the Voice, and resisting the urge to step closer and inspect her in a more medical sense than might be appropriate, Isla links her arms behind her back and hears her goddess out. "Thank you for saying so. I do not feel as though I have done the role justice yet, but I will do my best."

As for the reason behind her being here? She can provide those answers, at least. "We met as a group and decided that the weapon would be aimed and operated within the Spire itself. It will require two Ascended to trigger the attack, and we also thought there ought to be a killswitch, in case the weapon needs to be halted at short notice."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Change author:
Despite her current state, the Voice listens with rapt attention. "And this killswitch...will it be near the activation switches inside the Spire? Can anyone press it?" She asks, turning away form Isla only slightly so that she might begin to create a 3D blueprint of what is required in the air between them.

With a brush of her hand the Spire appears, and into it the hologram moves to the first floor. "The basement is where the portal is. I think perhaps it best not to be there. There are a few upper levels that remain untouched." The Voice glances to the Overseer to see if she has any thoughts. Nothing hangs on the decision, any placement will work.
the VOICE
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

"I think that would be wise," Isla says of the killswitch. "I would rather it be close by in case of emergencies than too well hidden to be of any use." And when the Voice says anyone, it suddenly dawns on the Remedy that Ascended might not be quite right. "For both the activation and the killswitch, perhaps it should be for citizens of the Hollowed Grounds," she suggests. "Wessex is not strictly an Ascended any more, and neither are Nate and Azrael."

Intrigued by the blueprint, Isla steps forward a few paces, tilting her head at the details with unbidden curiosity. "The upper floors would be wise," she agrees. "It would give a better view of the Grounds, too, at that height..."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Change author:
Nodding approvingly at Isla's decision-making and logic, the Voice turns back to the hologram that she might make the appropriate changes. 'Alright. The last fully-whole floor it will be then." She says, gesturing at the hologram. Despite the hole Safrin had made through the centre of the Spire, there were still a few floors that were more or less whole. "Inside this room, do you see?"

A console, not unlike the one in doctor who, has appeared. On either side is a pad to accept a handprint, which could only be activated by members of the Hollowed Ground. On the opposite side of the room was a button, for emergencies.

The HG has completed their RQ!

The Spire now has the following properties

Energy Weapon | If activated by two members of the HG, the Spire can target 1 30ft sphere anywhere within the HG. Does 100pts of damage to anyone within the sphere. Requires a 5 post cooldown between uses, and a 1-post 'charge up' prior to use.
the VOICE
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

Decision made, Isla steps forward a little more to look at what the Voice is indicating, she she watches with no small amount of awe as the little console comes to life within the hologram. "I see," she confirms, unable not to smile. "That is wonderful. Thank you, goddess. If nothing else, we can make the Hollowed Grounds into a sanctuary for the Ascended. One that the rest of the world cannot take away."

Not that they won't try. But with additions like this one, their home will hardly be defenceless, and Isla doesn't plan to stop there. "I hope your energy returns in full soon," she murmurs, giving a small nod to the Voice. "In the meantime, we will shine as bright as we can for you."

~FIN
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood