Personal Quest from the ashes
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
This PQ takes place directly after {KQ} Ligma. It's the dead of night and the Tower is still at ground zero and full of smouldering rubble.

Ronin scours the perimeter, and scours it again. Only on the third go round does he actually believe that Wessex isn't there any more, and the paranoia still claws at the back of his mind when he lands. He's wobbly on his feet despite the much needed relief that Ghilio's spring water gave to him.

He has no idea where to begin. Or rather, he knows exactly where to begin - he finds the cohort of patients and doctors, scrawls a note to his husband and sets it off on a raven's wings. Then he starts to get to work with whatever hands are available to help him.

"I'll be clearing a path," he says. "Moving rubble out of the way so we can get to the Needle, the Archive and the Collegium. Someone needs to search for the dead or the injured, and someone else needs to start putting out fires, please."

PQ to clear the debris and set up a temporary base of operations!

1. Ronin
2. Lena
3. October

1 person to put out fires.
1 person to search for bodies.

No post order!
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
October
I can be the wall
when you fall down
Having been in full doctor mode since the initial attack began, if Tobi is at all shattered by the unnecessary violence and destruction of the past hour, nothing about her expression shows it. "I'll search for the injured." She says, perhaps a touch abruptly as she appears near Ronin and Lena without so much as a hello. For those gasping for air beneath the rubble, pleasantries between the trio are not a luxury they can afford.

Shifting, it's with her nose to the ground and every instinct she has dedicated to finding smells that seem fresh and raw, that Tobi sets out amidst the rubble. A few times she barks to attract the attention of lingering dragoons and members of the hospital staff (or anyone, really), that they might come to see what she's found. Normally it's merely to locate where there's likely a body without any real urgency.

The dead could wait.

Tobi shifts and uses her nose to find anyone alive beneath the rubble.
find me on the rocks
when you break down
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
She ran.

From the moment the sounds pierced Stormbreak, she’d hastened from the Celestine, bag in hand, full of bandages and remedies and gods knew what else she’d thrown in there from those hasty few seconds. It hadn’t mattered, not really, not while her lungs snagged at air and her heart pumped.

And as she pulsed and beat across stony grounds she’d seen it go down, seen it fall, said a thousand prayers under her breath that Sera wasn’t there, that everyone was okay, that this was just an accident, an accident.

Numbed to the way the glass shattered and walls collapsed, there wasn’t any time to inspect or ask or see if anyone had been near Sera, or anyone else, for that matter. With one shaky nod at Ronin, she clambered along to buckets nearby, aiming to snag at anyone else too – so that they might start putting out the fires.

--

Lena grabs some buckets and anyone willing and able (NPCS) to help put out the fires.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Thank you." He says it to both of them, giving a curt nod to Tobi as she hares off as a canine to do the work. Others are plentiful (NPCs that is) and dragoons and doctors and civilians alike are available to help Lena put out smouldering fires and to help Tobi locate bodies.

With a demigod's strength (despite the ordeal), Ronin is able to move the rubble aside without too much trouble. And perhaps it's dumb luck, or maybe he's aimed it that way, but he uncovers the body of a certain demigod as he goes. "I'll be back shortly," he calls, lifting Nate from the rubble and heading off towards the Trinity Temple.

Meanwhile, it's October who will locate the most heartbreaking find in the debris. For Lena, anyway. Her keen nose uncovers Seraphina, and it's isn't good news.

Round 2!

Ronin has found Nate's body and is taking it to the Trinity Temple.

October has found Seraphina's body.

The fires are being put out and a partial pathway has been made through the rubble.

No post order!
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Standing in the sunlight laughing, Hiding behind a rainbow's wall
If it had been anyone else, October would have notified those helping her and moved on. But she recognized the perfume mingling with the smell of dust and death, recognized the smell of her friend's shampoo even. Barking agitatedly, Tobi shifts and as she reaches to pull a rock off of Sera's chest, it's the first time her hands shake.

Feeling for a pulse and finding none, Tobi tilts her head and partially shifts an ear to try and hear if her friend is breathing.

She counts until she gets to 60 and hears nothing.

'LENA—' Tobi calls loudly over her shoulder, the woman's name nearly breaking on her lips as a sob builds in the back of her throat.
October
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
They worked on the fires, and then they worked on the pathway, striving to clear out the rubble. Covered in ash, dust, dirt, and soot, the Caretaker continued, persisted, where she’d be best able to assist. If she were the type to be given over to distraction, she might’ve glanced every once in a while, hoping for her sibling’s face in the crowd, picking apart pieces of ruin. But there was nothing.

Resolved and persistent, she ducked her head down, ignoring the way her hands shook, hoping, hoping, hoping. Her glance only momentarily went to Ronin, carrying a body she didn’t recognize, and she swallowed down the trail of bile threatening to overwhelm her throat. Everything’s fine she told herself. We’ll be okay. Sera will be okay. And if she could echo it, resound it, in her heart and soul, that meant it’d be true.

Except, an instant later, it all crumbled again.

Not like the Tower. Lena wasn’t a building. She was human and flesh and whole, but she could feel pieces of her beginning to break and shatter the moment she looked up, and caught October’s gaze.

And Sera.

Sweet, beautiful Sera –

She didn’t know how long it took her to get to her sister’s side. Maybe an eternity. Maybe an instant. It felt like a lifetime, with her hands reaching, everything shaking again (a leaf in the wind). “She’s fine,” she whispered to Tobi, like denial would make it better. “I’ll take her for a second, and she’ll get out of here, and everything will be fine.” The tears were threatening, and then falling, and she crashed against the side of the stone and tucked her sibling underneath her chin, a safeguard, a shelter, for someone who wouldn’t be able to feel it anymore.
that kept so many warm
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Having left Nate's body in the Trinity Temple under the horrified and disapproving stares from the priests there (no Gideon, though, and Ronin definitely takes note of that), he returns to ground zero to find fresh heartbreak cracking through the rubble. If Tobi is there and she's not trying to resuscitate Sera, Ronin already knows it's too late, but it doesn't stop him, for a moment, wanting to ignite a supernova and try anyway.

With a tight throat and prickling eyes, he approaches the two women. "I am so sorry," he whispers in a thick voice. "Take as long as you need. I'll keep going..."

Round 3!

Ronin continues to make a pathway through the rubble.

NPCs are picking up where Lena has left off with putting out the fires, and the dragoons are searching for survivors and marking the spots where Tobi has informed them that there might be bodies.

No post order! Feel free to mark a passage of time (an hour, etc.) in your post if you need to.
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tobi pulls back, knowing that whatever friendship she shared with Sera was nothing compared to the love and loss of a sibling. Running her hand up and down Lena's back—not that she thought the Caretaker would even be aware of her presence, what with Sera painfully warm from the fires, but lifeless in her arms—the doctor looks towards the members of her staff still present and whispered a few clear instructions under her breath: blankets, juice, sedatives.

"Why don't we move her over here? Away from all of this?" Tobi gently suggests. Being so close to the still-smouldering debris wasn't a safe place for any of them, not even Sera (unless she had wanted to be cremated).

Staying with Lena until the medical staff returned, it was into their care that she released the Caretaker. Much as she might want to linger and let Lena lean on her, there were others to find, she was sure of it.

Tobi instructs the medical staff to get blankets, juice and sedatives and leaves Lena with them when they return to go and try and sniff out more bodies.
October
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Stunned and muted and gone completely silent, she could only nod at Tobi’s insistence. The numbing aspects drove her onward, and she didn’t remember rising to her feet, someone helping her carry Sera over to the side, or even just sitting down. “Sorry,” became a thousand murmurs after a while, and it became another little mantra, though she couldn’t fathom who she was apologizing to anymore.

To the medical staff, because she was useless? To Ronin, because she wasn’t pulling her weight? To Tobi, because she should’ve been helping her more? Or to Sera, because she couldn’t do anything for her?

The sudden chill was rankling and rattling at her bones, and she still grasped hold of her sister, tight and under her chin, warding off the rest of the world for a moment more. “What can I do?” she whispered into Sera’s dark hair, arms curled and contorted around her still, very prone form.

--

Lena and the medical staff take her sister out of the debris.
that kept so many warm
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
They work in silence, whether it's in mourning, clearing rubble, or searching for bodies. And bodies Tobi will find in abundance, but as with all tragedies, there has to be a smidge of hope. Whilst everyone within the Tower perished when it fell, there were some bystanders caught up in the destruction who were not quite so mortally wounded. And Tobi will find a handful of these with her keen nose, saving more than one life in the process.

Ronin, for his part, manages to clear a route through towards the Archive, the Collegium and Judgement's Needle. It's not pretty but it's functional, and when he's done he approaches Lena, leaning down beside her.

"Would you like to take her somewhere more peaceful?" he asks softly. "We can set up in the Needle, if you like." He turns to Tobi now, hoping to get her attention. "There are a lot of empty cells at the Needle - or there were when I checked. Do you think you could make a temporary clinic there, just until we find something more permanent? People need a roof over their heads if nothing else."

Ronin clears a path to the Archive, the Collegium and Judgement's Needle! Tobi finds some survivors as well as a lot of dead bodies.

Ronin suggests setting up a clinic in the Needle using the empty cells, and suggests moving Sera there as well.

Round 4! No post order!
RONIN
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
She watched from over the top of her clever sister’s crown – as more bodies were found. As some were living. As some were dead. As some streamlined from around and aided, guided, and she clutched, body continuing to shake. It was hard to feel any warmth at all, really, and she shuddered and shivered, giving whatever she could to someone who’d never be able to feel it again.

Lena raised her head slightly as Ronin neared again, then her gaze flickered to the stone works, not noticing how much time had passed, or the pathways working in conjunction. Peaceful? Sera liked peace, but she liked to work too. Maybe she could come up with something brilliant for the Needle. “Okay. For a little while,” she murmured, because likely any power of suggestion now would guide her along – and she needed to move, rather than sit on rock and rubble and fade into the debris.

Somehow she lurched to her feet again, and some others came to help her, never once letting her sibling go.

--

Lena goes with the NPCs to move Sera’s body to the Needle.
that kept so many warm
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
The majority of her team has been moving bodies into neat rows, covering them with clothes and doing their best to identify them for later. Triaging as best as they were able, wounds and severity was assessed with various degrees of accuracy, and at this point, Tobi could hardly fault anyone for their mistakes.

Soot stained and running on nothing more than adrenaline now, Tobi wipes a grimery arm across her forehead and then plants her hands on her hips. "It will have to do for now. Molly's can take some as well, but for those who require more serious attention, we might have to get them on a Skyship. To Torchline or The Greatwood?" There's a question in her voice; not a traveller, Tobi has no idea which of the two lands might provide the best medical care or even where there might be room.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Nodding as Lena and the other medical staff move away towards the Needle, Ronin steps up beside Tobi for a moment so he can hear her out. "I would say Torchline," he murmurs, "for no other reason than it's a much shorter trip. Those who are severely injured should be settled as quickly as possible, right?"

He's walking now, towards Judgement's Needle as well, and he halts outside of what was previously a guardhouse leading into the space, the cells, the infamous shard raking at the sky. "I'll set myself up here, just for now," he decides, the words distant even to his ears. "Can you make a list of those patients you need moved? I'll do my best to arrange a skyship for them. Gods, I imagine they'll be full already." Of people fleeing, he means. Ronin can't blame them.

Final round!

The medical staff help Lena move Sera's body to one of the cells in Judgement's Needle. Ronin chooses a guardhouse as a fixer-upper base of operations. He asks Tobi for a list of patients who will need to be moved to Torchline by skyship.
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tobi nods, the list of patients and the required medical supplies associated with them already beginning to populate in her mind. "Ronin—" Reaching out for him with gentle fingers, the doctor tries on a smile that's heavy and unconvincing. "Please don't go. Stormbreak needs you. There..." It's an unfair thing she's going to say, but Tobi has never really been one to mince words. "There isn't anyone else." He could do with that what he would.

Turning to the dragoons and members of her staff, Tobi switched back into full medical mode and began to bark decisive orders. Soon there were lists made, supplies gathered and packed, and a small transport arranged to head toward the Falling.
October