{RQ Turn In} come away to the water
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve holds onto Edmund's hand as they head up the stairs, glancing down at her son with a gentle smile, "Are you nervous?" She asks him softly, knowing that her son has been waiting for this moment for some time. The Nightshade opened up the invitation to those who helped complete the work, but didn't expect many to show up. She releases him as they enter the shrine, encouraging him forward as she places the candle they made together on the shrine next to a carefully crafted bottle of perfume made by the Nightshade herself for the goddess.

"Remember to say your prayer." The Nightshade says by his ear, kneeling to say her own quietly to the herald, knowing that she'll come. "Good evening, Safrin... We've finished what you've asked of us. I'm sorry that it took so long, but it is finally done."

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 17 active Torchers. This means 7 unique characters have to participate. Characters can participate more than once.  Maeve must participate in at least 2 threads .

1. A final PQ of 6 Torchers with 6 rounds, or 3-4 Torchers with 8 rounds
Part 1 - https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6476
Part 2 - https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6673 (shortened PQ approved by Odd)
Part 3 - https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6800

2. A thread of 3 torchers visiting Frey's Breath and bringing back a significant amount of water with them.
- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6117

3. 3 threads of those with healing magic, or other light-based magic purifying the fountain and the area around the courthouse
- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6274
- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6093
- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=6093

* 50% of those with Torchline as their citizenship must participate in at least 1 thread, contributing at least 3 posts. All members of government must participate. Leaders must participate twice.**

Characters: Maeve, Melita, Jack, Milo, Bart, Harper, Raza, Ray
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

Pihu had heard that some sort of big deal was going down at the Aumakua. Circling the lighthouse, she watched as the Nightshade and some kid headed inside the building. Croaking, the raven looked around to see if anyone else was planning to show up.

Not spotting anyone else, she banked into a shallow dive. Flaring her wings at the last moment to stop her descent, she landed on a railing by the shrine. Watching the two figures inside, she cocked her head to the side as Maeve offered up a prayer to Safrin. The thief fluffed up her feathers and pecked at the railing as she waited to see if the goddess would actually show.
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
EDMUND

Edmund was struggling not to bounce on his heels with excitement. At his mum's question, he shook his head firmly. "I'm excited." But soon the shrine came into view and the child swallows hard. "Ok...maybe a little nervous." It was a given that Lady Safrin would appear, and the child was eager to see her.

After his mum finishes her prayer, Edmund takes a deep breath. "Hi, Lady Safin. It's me, Edmund. Nice to formally meet you." She certainly already knew that, but it felt impolite not to introduce himself. Licking his lips nervously, the child reverently places down his offering. A beaded bracelet of varying shades of blue with a small silver star charm.

"I made you this. You don't have to wear it if you don't want to. But I hope you at least like it." He doubts a Goddess as amazing as Lady Safrin would wear such a simple bracelet. It wasn't worthy of her. Maybe one day he'd be skilled enough to make a better one. He'd make it a goal.

Edmund steps back and to wait, grasping his mum's hand in anticipation.  He really hopes Lady Safrin likes his offering. He also really wants that hug, but it's rude to ask for one. Right?

Edmund offers Lady Safrin a beaded bracelet he made for her.
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Never underestimate
The lengths to which
The quest was finally done, and Ray happily enters the shrine with the others. Being part of Torchline's council, it feels only right that she shows up.  

As Maeve and Edmund offer their prayers, the herbalist places her own offering. This time it's a butterfly pea flower tea mix she's made. It's a beautiful shade of blue and she hopes that the refined taste of the tea will suit the goddess' palate. Lady Safin is after all an incredibly elegant Goddess. If she drinks tea at all, Ray doubts it's a mere black or green tea.

"Hello, Safrin. I apologize for our delay."

Ray offers butterfly pea flower tea.
Nature itself
Will kill you

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
safrin
The air within the shrine shimmers ever so slightly, the way a mirage might. Rather than revealing a mere illusion however, there is a whisper like the swaying of fabric as Safrin appears. "Oh!" She exclaims once fully corporeal, turning first to Edmund. "How absolutely lovely! Will you put it on for me?" So saying she extends her wrist out to the boy, before tilting her face up towards Maeve and offering the queen a wink. "Those look beautiful." She says of the candle and perfume, before turning to Ray and inhaling deeply. "Mmmmm." Letting the scent of the tea fill her nostrils, she smiles at the herbalist before offering a nod towards Pihu.

'I won't say it—' Safrin says with a crooked smile, looking to Maeve. It of course being how long the quest had taken. "Though I am sure everyone is pleased that this task is now complete."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Her goddess appears and Maeve lets out a breath, stunned by her beauty just like she always is, a smile spreading on her face as Safrin greets her son first. ”He worked very hard to make it for you.” The Nightshade informs the herald with a soft laugh, ”Gathered and traded for all the materials himself.” She couldn’t help being proud of her son’s devotion to her goddess. He loved so deeply and so fully without a single thought that there might be another course to take. Maeve smiles gratefully towards the starry herald, dipping her head in acknowledgment of the slight scolding, knowing it’s deserved.

”We are grateful for the opportunity you’ve given us to have such a gift. We’re glad it’s done so we can turn our attention towards more defensive measures, but this will be invaluable to the region.” Maeve says, drawing her son close to her side after he fastens the bracelet around her wrist.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Change author:
MP: 3345
EDMUND

Edmund gasps as Lady Safrin appears, momentarily stunned. "So pretty..." She's even more beautiful than he remembers.

But then his Goddess addresses him, and the child shakes himself from his stupor. The mere idea concept that Lady Safrin both likes his gift and wants to wear it is almost more than he can comprehend.

Still, Edmund gently and probably more carefully than necessary, clasps the bracelet around her wrist. "Thank you. I'm glad you like it, Lady Safrin." He flushes slightly at his Mummy's praise but stays silent as she converses with their Goddess. He has to be on his best behavior here, and the child is determined to do so.
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

As the goddess turned to look at Pihu, she froze. Staring at Safrin, the raven's beak parted and she let out a quiet croak. When the herald turned her attention elsewhere, the thief ducked her head under a wing. Preening a feather, she turned so she could survey the rest of the room out of the corner of her eye.

Everyone else had apparently brought gifts of some kind. Pihu felt just the tiniest bit of shame that she hadn't done the same, though she tried not to let it show or be noticed by Safrin. Instead, the raven just resolved to do better next time. Hopping from one foot to the other, she paced back and forth a bit as she waited to see what would come next.
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Change author:
Ray
Never underestimate
The lengths to which
Ray watches the interaction between Safrin and Edmund with a smile. It's clear where the child's devotion has landed, deity-wise. She has no doubt that the goddess with watch over Maeve's son. For his mother as much as his clear devotion. Safrin looks out for her own after all. And Edmund has clearly decided that he's hers.

When Safrin smiles at her, Ray returns it happily. It's a relief that the tea pleases the goddess. She hopes that Safrin enjoys it. As Maeve gets down to business, the herbalist falls silent. The queen has this covered so unless asked for input, Ray figures she'll stay quiet.

Ray will not post again unless addressed.
Nature itself
Will kill you

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
safrin
'Beautiful.' Safrin cooes to Edmund as he fastens the bracelt on her wrist. "Thank you so much for thinking of me. I will treasure this always." With a wink in his direction, Safrin rises and offers Maeve an understanding smile.

"Things don't always go as we plan, trust me, I understand better than most." There was only amusement in her tone, and no sign of disappointment in her galactic gaze. "The waters of the fountain will now heal all those who drink from them. Bottling it will work, but only within Torchline. Once outside of your borders, the water will be nothing more than a cooling refreshment."

Sweeping her hands together, Safrin looks to each of those assembled in turn, before returning finally to Maeve. "Let me know once you have more ideas for Torchline. I am very eager to hear them." So saying Safrin departs in a warm flash of violet mist that will leave the group feeling relaxed and rejuvenated for the remainder of the day.

Congratulations! Torchline has received:

The Fountain outside the Court of the Stars possesses Mastered-Level healing waters (these waters do not work on ascended). If bottled, this water can be used to heal while in Torchline. Once removed from Torchline's borders, it becomes regular water.

~FIN