My bestfriend
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i wish I could say I am a light that never goes out.
but i flicker from time to time
Though the following letter is tear-stained, the writing is meticulous despite some letters having been written-over several times

Isla,

There is so much I want to say to you, but every time I try and put my thoughts and feelings into words it all seems just like ink on a page—because that is all it is I suppose, and all it ever will be now. All I will ever be, at any rate. It leaves me feeling hollow and desperate; wanting just a little more time so that I could somehow get it all down, but we both know that will bever happen. Words have never been my strong suit, and leaving things for another day will not change that.

But you already know that, because you know me. That's why we are in the mess, after all. In reading this far you probably have alreadyy figured out what it is I am going to do (or willl have done, by the time this reaches you). I would have liked to keep believing that we could have made things work, but after such a close call in Stormbreak I realized that the risk of permanent death for me, and of watching yourself be forced into killing me was just too close. I could have been smarter in Stormbreak—and should have—but no amount of planning could keep us apart forever.

I am sorry for the position that I put you in—with the Voice and the ascended— and even more sorry that you are now the sole bearer of everything that ever was between us. I hope you know that it is only because I would have loved you unconditionally unitl the end of my days, that I had to do this. I have been on both sides of it before, of forgetting and being forgotten. The next time I see you it willl be with no recognition whatsoever, and though the tears I cry for you now will not make it any easier for you in the future, please know I love you. Know that I loved you as best as I could, which was not always what you deserved, but gods did I love you the only way I knew how.

Life willl go on for me, and though I won't realize it, things will bever be the same. Not without you. If we do meet again and I am too stubborn or stupid or never have the chance to say, let me say now that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. You are strong and wise and kind, and your scalpels are blunt compared to the sharpness of your wit and tongue. You are argumentative and infuriating at times, but there is not one single thing about you I would ever, ever, change.

Before I send this, I am going to sit and let myself miss you while I still can, and remember each and every moment that we shared. If you later hear reports of some monster or other tearing up the Greatwood, you know why.

I love you, I love you, I love you.
Remi

P.s. Don't make me fall in love with you again, tempting as that might be. (Here is a poorly drawn wink).

(Attached is a starmap of that night's sky).
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.