God Quest let the past die
for Safrin <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
"What a shame she's fucked in the head," they said.
"It feels like time is running away from us now. The war is almost here and I find myself wishing I could stop it in its tracks. There are so many things to do. So many things left undone." The Queen was spread thin on the best of days it seems, barely having a moment for her family or all of the tasks that found their way on to her never ending list, but this was at least something she had been able to do. Drawing in a deep breath, the Nightshade shakes her head, placing the newly crafted bow on the altar for Safrin along with a carefully concocted blend of hair oil before she steps back.

"Ronin talks of times when he used to simply be able to come and see you. When things weren't so dire. I hope that we'll be able to do that soon." But not until all the work was done. Fidgeting lightly with the ring now adorning her finger, stained red with Harper's blood inside the gem, the Queen wishes that he was here now if only because having his presence would surely soothe the knots in her belly, recalling how unhappy Safrin had been with her the last time she was here and hoping that she'd paid enough penance to regain favor of her goddess once more. "He was able to offer me perspective, though."

Maeve is turning in the second part of her quest from Safrin!

Quest
1. Have Deimos make her a new bow. - {se} keep aiming
2. Have Ronin superheat the newly made bow so that when Maeve touches it, her fingerprints are burned into the wood. - {SE} fire on the water
Maeve

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
'Time has a way of doing that." Safrin agrees, stepping through a rift in reality. With a decadent smile for the queen, the goddess reaches first for the hair oil. Removing the stopper, she raises it to her nose and inhales deeply, appreciating Maeve's carefully curated scents as much as what the item was for. 'Thank you for this.' Safrin says with a small smile, pocketing the vial and then picking up the bow.

Running her thumb over where Maeve's fingerprints had quite literally been burned into it, starlight begins to pulse from the embedded swirls. "Now this bow will only work in your hands. I daresay that should keep Ronin safe enough, mm?"

As for simple chats? Safrin straightens, handing the bow to the Nightshade and nods. 'He used to call to me when we were all trapped within the barrier. I had more time then to sit and talk..." Frowning, the goddess shakes her head and sighs.

Maeve's bow has the following property:

Starlight Bow | All arrows fired from this bow will transform into shooting stars. If used by anyone other than Maeve, the bow will shoot regular arrows.
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
"What a shame she's fucked in the head," they said.
”It really does.” In all things. Not just war preparations. At least, that was something that Maeve has come to realize in the last few days. Watching Jude and Edmund grow up amongst this chaos simply proving as much. ”And I’m glad you like it. I know those things aren’t truly necessary for you, but they always make me think of you.” It was a devotional act of sorts, creating the various scents and blends for Safrin, ensuring they were perfectly balanced.

Unaware of what’s happening at this very moment, Maeve keeps her eyes on the bow, watching her hold it in her hand and feeling the telltale burn on her finger tips. Unknowing that Phoebe is currently banging on her door and barging into her home, ruining the bit of peace she’s built with Harper, tearing apart the foundation that they’ve so carefully laid in the past year. The Nightshade is more like the goddess before her than she realizes and that much will become clear in the hours that follow her departure from her. Still, it’s a distant storm on the horizon that’s not yet hit and the surge of starlight draws her attention instead.

Offering a soft smile to her patron, the Queen dips her head, ”Good. Now we don’t have to worry about someone getting the wrong idea.” Or Remi deciding that their friendship had outlasted its use.

”Perhaps when this is all over you’ll have more time again,” Maeve murmurs softly, gaze full of adoration and hope on her goddess’s behalf as she lowers the bow to her side.
Maeve

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
'Perhaps.' Safrin says with a noncommittal shrug. "There will always be conflict in this world. For as old as I am, there always has been."

And so, busy as they both were, the goddess had time for little more save for a smile. Nodding at the bow that it might serve Maeve well, Safrin vanished back into the nothingness from which she'd come.

~FIN
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win