God Quest lost in skies of powdered gold
Safe Haven turn in! <333
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
we keep on doing this again and again
the same old things expecting something different
It’s enough time after returning from Stormbreak that Sunjata’s managed to recover enough to gather everything he needs to in order to finish the quest Frey had set him out on what felt like ages ago. His throat is still sore, not as badly as it had been though, and his neck suffers from yellowish bruising at this point when he steps into the shrine in the Glade. A few things are brought with him, a basket full of ripe peaches, raspberries, and cherries, a bag full of the contents of what he was supposed to gather, and a cauldron of sorts, a space he’s kept the fire alive from Queen’s Gambit courtesy of Deimos.

He sets everything down, squints against the pink and blue hues of dawn, shrugs out of his jacket and starts setting everything out. The basket in front of the shrine, the cauldron off to the side, the jar of water from Frey’s Breath beside that, a cutting from the Labyrinth beside it, a jar of sand from the Arclight beside that one, and the little bottle of the spark of lightning from the Voice, and when he’s satisfied with the result of the appearance (unsure why he cares so much of the way things are laid out, but a part of him thinks that it’ll make more sense that way.

The Flood steps up to the shrine, takes a deep breath, lowers his head and calls for his deity. “I have done everything you asked of me for the safe haven, Frey.” He pauses, refraining from adding that he hopes he’s done it correctly, that he hasn’t failed in this aspect, trying to be better about not being so… critical of himself. “I have made a space in the Barrows in King’s End that can harbor it and put a lot of detail into how it will be sustained during the time we’re hidden away.” But he wants to wait for them to appear before he starts to explain, something about how it’s easier for him to speak when he can see them before him.

Safe haven turn in!! :D

1. Decide on a suitable location within the Wilds, including how this 'haven' will be set up (do you need medical, how will food be stored and grown/caught without abilities, will there be a leader/government, etc etc). (This doesn't need to be a thread, but Jata will have to explain this to Frey when he turns this in)

2. Complete 2 PQs prepping the area. Every race must be accounted for in both PQs (Attuned, Ascended, Abandoned, Demigod, Mermaid, Hybrid (you can leave out fae)—the racial requirement is for the PQs combined, not individually)
{PQ} (SE) off the record PQ (Ascended, Accepted, Abandoned, Demigod)
{PQ} there's no need to worry PQ (Attuned, Mermaid, Hybrid, Demigod)

3. 2 MEs getting the information out. 1 ME must be in a ruled-region, the other can be in the Wilds.
{Mini Event} there’s two sides to a fair fight Ruled
{Mini Event} no love, no pain, so they say Wilds

4. Letters sent to all leaders describing the plan
to Isla, Remi, Ronin, Maeve, and Noah;

5. In different threads, Sunjata must collect; water from Frey's Breath, a cutting from the Labyrinth, sand from the Arclight, fire from the Queen's Gambit, and lightning in a bottle from the Voice.
the first cut was the deepest Frey’s Breath
so stay with me, love Labyrinth
sleepless paradise Arclight
there's no honor in suffering Queen’s Gambit
all the sweet stuff Voice
but by now we know it's never gonna change
i'm not trying to complain, i'm just saying it's a waste
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Appear they certainly do.

As is their norm, Frey's arrival is accompanied by sweet smells, warm breezes, and the sort of blush that heats the tips of Sunjata's ears all the way into the marrow of his bones. Despite the sexual aura around them, today Frey's glamour is one of strength as much as it is sensuality (not that those two things are exclusive, mind you).

Clucking softly under their tongue, they extend a hand towards the Flood's throat where fingers of yellow paint an interesting picture. "If only this had been the fun kind of asphyxiation, mmmm?" They say softly. "Next time see if your captor will let you reach the verge of orgasm first. I can promise you won't regret it." With a lazy smile they wrap their fingers around Sunjata's throat, though rather than tension, the Flood will feel a cool shiver running the length of his body that frees him of his injuries both inside and out.
FREY
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The sensation that slips through his body whenever Frey does appear is familiar, welcome, comforting among the shit the last week has held. And the Flood gravitates toward it, his steel gaze lifting to take in the features of his deity, the bronze hued skin, the piercing blues, the arm that extends toward him that has him instinctually lifting his chin, feeling the warmth of their hand as it wraps around his throat. “Oh I have had much better than that.” He hums, lips quirking in a small amused smirk. (His throat has always been one of those sensitive spots, the one that really sparks things whenever he’s with a partner.)

But that’s neither here nor there, because Frey’s hands offer cooling instead of warmth and relief, and his accented voice doesn’t rub his vocal chords in a painful way anymore, and he nearly sags with relief, steel gaze shuttering closed as he takes a deep breath without any pain, only to let his gaze slip open partially when the shiver is finished racing through his spine. “Thank you.” He murmurs, tilting his head just enough to press his cheek against the edge of Frey’s hand.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Oh I know you have." Frey agrees with a smirk, and though the idea of Sunjata having moaned beneath Remi's fingers and told him to do it better is amusing, it's neither here nor there just now. What is here is a man who has given his all and who has been told far too often that he's come up short.

But Sunjata has never come up short in any challenge, now has he.

Affectionately slapping patting the Flood on the cheek, Frey straights and folds their arms over their chest. "Now, let's hear what you've been working on."
FREY
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A soft laugh leaves the Flood as Frey responds, knowing full well everything that he likes. It isn’t a surprise, nor should it be. But that’s neither here nor there. What is here, is all the bits and pieces of the safe haven, ready to go, and Sunjata is more than happy to get it underway as Frey crosses their arms and Sunjata steps back toward everything he’s brought.

Of course, Frey could likely already have an idea of everything he’s done, but in the sense of making sure he’s gotten it just right, he’s put together a small map of it for explanation purposes, one he brings toward the herald to show once he pulls it from the bag he’s brought. “In order to make it wholly self sufficient without abilities, we’ve made it a space that can survive for however long the war intends to take. For food, a cycling fishery, a farming section with enough space for a variety of livestock, and I’ve decided to go with rotating crop fields to keep the land from using up all of its nutrients. A cooling room made of stone not unlike what’s here in the Grounds to help store things, as well as a drying area.” He points to each respective space within the map, before moving on. “We’ve built houses, planted and transplanted some trees and saplings so that we hopefully won’t run out of lumber, but even if we do we’ll have the ability to delve into brick making.” He pauses, gaze lifting to Frey as if he’s trying to gather whether they’re following or if they have any questions before he pushes through to the end of it before he gets off track with potential side thoughts.

We’ve planted a medicinal herb garden and a few of our helpers have been writing guides. I have a few from Nate that are already there as well. And we’ve fleshed it out with spaces for small stores that people can move into and continue to sell wares.” Another pause, another deep breath taken. “I intend to rule over it so as to keep the good intentions clear and to keep everyone as safe as possible within the haven.” And here is where he pauses, eyes pulling away from the map, glancing at the requested items brought, as if to make sure it’s all there, before looking back up at Frey.

Change author:
Yes, Frey did know everything Sunjata had done and decided and settled upon, but they knew there would be a complete and utter diminishing of the pride the Flood might otherwise feel had the opportunity to explain it all been taken away. Humans were funny creatures like that; foreplay for them came in many, many forms.

"All of this has certainly exceeded my expectations." They purr. "Not because I didn't think you capable of more, but with all the exquisite fuckery about, who has the time?" Their fingers flutter casually in the direction of Sunjata's throat as if evidence of just such fuckery. "I will make sure that everything you've done works just as it should." Frey says with an approving nod. "The weather, the delicate ecosystem...all will function perfectly. And as for those within..." The deity offers their chosen a sly smile. "What fun it will be to see them all reduced down to their bones, mmm?"

Would no abilities of any kind emphasize the paradise-like quality of the Refuge? Time would tell.
FREY
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I like to think I do a good job at multitasking.” He offers Frey, letting the small proud smile bloom on his face, the pride radiating from his chest in bouts, alongside relief. As for ensuring everything works as he had intended, well, that’s certainly the main worry knocked out. The next, much like Frey’s own thoughts, would be dealing with the people.

To this, he heaves a soft laugh that ends with a sigh as he nods. “Is it too optimistic to hope that perhaps it humbles them?” He isn’t unfamiliar with not having abilities. He’d spent over half his life like that, relying on technology for medicine and his own safety and the like. And he knows full well that the shifts and now magic that he harbors have become a crutch he’s leaned on in order to try and continue that survival.

There’s a part of me that looks forward to it, truthfully.” All of a sudden they’d all be exactly the same.

Change author:
The deity's eyes narrow suggestively for a moment as they nod. "I'd be inclined to agree." They say of the Flood's ability to multitask, though nothing about the sly smile that spreads across their lips suggests they're talking about his quest-completing abilities.

"It isn't, though I doubt the ones who really need a good hobbling will find themselves within your little slice of paradise." Frey rolls their shoulders. "But it might be a fun little trick after the war, mmmm? A gathering of equals where all those big egos are knocked appropriately down to size." But first there was a war to get through, and who knows, maybe all the meddling heroes would just die and the world could be repopulated in Frey's image for once.

"Once inside the refuge, you will be the only one able to call on me. Well, you and Phoebe I suppose." The god pauses, raising their brows a single time, the long history between the pair not lost on them at all.
FREY
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It truly doesn’t help that his deity’s gaze when it narrows on his is so similar to Nate’s that it sends a shiver down his spine, one he ignores in favor for the next comment, the roll of Frey’s shoulders. “Sounds like a dream, to be honest. What might they all be like if brought back to the basics of wit instead of brute strength.” Though he’s never been witty himself, he’s been a survivor and that’s exactly what he’s chosen to do here as well.

Of course, there is some amount of content that slips through him at being the only one to call on them – like a cat with a particularly perfect box to lounge in, until all of that shifts with the mention of his ex-wife. For a moment he simply stares at Frey, blinks a few times, before he nods. “She will be joining?” He asks, as if confused for a moment. It makes sense, of course, but it’s something that brings tension and anxiety to sour his stomach. “It will be good to have another healer.” He decides.

After all, it was water under the bridge, and despite the attempts at trying to be civil with Phoebe, she had painted him to be the villain, perfected the way her tongue can reopen old wounds. It’s something he has to prepare for.

Change author:
Flashing Sunjata a knowing smile, the deity waggles their eyebrows. "No part of Phoebe is meant for war even if she is rather good at fighting." Oh, the Nightengale was happy to spar with her words, but no part of Frey wanted to see either of their chosen killed off in some ridiculous war. "I mentioned to her that you've both changed, so perhaps things won't be as tense as you think. At least not unpleasantly so." Again Frey grins; of course, they'd be quite pleased if their demigods' started to get along in the biblical sense.

"Now if there's nothing more..." Frey mimes squinting up at the sky as if to judge the time. "Just a few weeks until the end of the season...I assume you and your husband will spend a good deal of that inside of a certain room?"
FREY
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The knowing smile Frey offers does break through the storm clouds of his mind as the gears turn, eliciting a snort from the Flood as he takes a deep breath of agreement. She wasn’t a fighter – he’d known that much for a long, long time. But that was neither here nor there, and he had made this space for everyone, and he intends to keep that intention, even if he has to put up with her occasional barbs.

Hopefully.” He murmurs, letting the soft smile tug at the corner of his lips. Ultimately, it would be up to her. Sunjata has extended olive branch after olive branch when their paths crossed. It simply depends on whether Phoebe is interested in latching on.

For now, as the deity looks up to the sky as if checking time (in which, they are), Sunjata can’t help but to let the flush creep in against his skin, his smile tilting toward a smirk of amusement. “We need to get use of those cuffs beforehand, don’t we?” He chimes, flashing Frey a wink, before he dips his chin – hearing the departure for what it is.

Thank you Frey.” Comes the rumble, head bowed slightly as he stops wasting his god’s time and lets them get back to their space.

- FIN <333 ?