Starlit Morning
Sah quest turn in for Safrin!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
yet my blood renders me a King
When the sun rose after the descent of the full moon, Sah gathered up the items that he’d placed out to bask in the moonlight. Once everything was safely stowed, he began to climb to Safrin’s shrine.

Upon entering, he placed the ursur fur down first. He’d cleaned it up so that it was presentable to the Goddess. On top of the fur he laid the obsidian and the shard of ice. Beside those, Sah placed his offering for the Goddess.

This morning, he’d brought two items. The first was a second piece of ice from the Sea of Glass that he’d carved into an intricate star. The second was a pendant of handspun glass the color of the night sky. He’d seen it at the market in Torchline and it had reminded him instantly of Safrin to the point that it'd been a shame not to get it to offer her.

Everything in place, Sah took a knee and closed his eyes, “Good morning, Safrin. I hope you’re well. I’ve completed the tasks that you’ve given me. I hope that they meet your expectations.” He smiled softly, “And thank you again for helping me.” He’d pushed himself hard to meet the deadline, but it was worth the exhaustion and effort.

~

Sah is turning in his quest from Safrin given here: Alternative Measures He’s also giving the offerings of an intricate carved ice star and glass pendant the color of the night sky.

1. Collect Obsidian from deep within the Climb (aka not one of the surface-level boards) 2. Kill or purchase the skin of an ursur 3. Cut a sharp of ice from the sea of glass 4. Place them beneath the full moon for an entire night
Sah

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Though sunlight radiates in through the windows of the lighthouse, stars still find a way to shine and sparkle in the stillness as Safrin appears. There is an uncharacteristically pleased smile on her lips today as her galactic gaze moves first from Sah's offerings to the items required to complete his quest, and then finally to the young man himself.

"I am not sure I have ever seen such haste, Sah." She says, reaching down to softly trail her fingers over the ursur fur, the ice, and the obsidian. Looking up at him from where she's knelt down, the goddess's smile widens. "I appreciate those who take their tasks seriously and do not waste time." Safrin continues, gathering up the items into their hands where they suddenly bloom with light.

"Tell me Sah...would you, like Noah and Deimos and the others you know...pledge yourself to me?" Her eyelashes flicker as the item being created in her fingers flickers with power. Power that could be Sah's, if only he might pledge his fealty to Safrin.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah’s smile grew at the unexpected praise, “Thank you.” He had done his damn best and it was validating for it to be acknowledged. He watched as Safrin gathered up the items, curious as to see her work. Her question however caught him off guard and the Abandoned’s eyes widened.

Sah considered her words carefully. An oath of loyalty was no small thing. At least, not for him. Once given, it was eternal for the Outlander. The only way he’d ever break it was upon betrayal or if the one sworn too should fall. He considered Mort’s warmth and similar views for a moment, as the God of Death was the only other deity he had felt a personal connection to. But comfort in death was not what he needed. At least, hopefully not for a long time.

No. Sah needed to survive. To thrive so that he could protect what he loved. What was his. And Safrin had already helped him to do so. So yes, he would be hers.  A part of his heart would always belong to the fallen goddess of his home world, Mune. But the Outlander had grown to understand that what happened before was over, irrelevant at times. As such, he felt at peace with himself in swearing to the Goddess before him.

Taking a breath, Sah nodded, looking up to meet Safrin’s eyes with determination. Yes." But that wasn’t a proper oath or pledge, was it? At least, not to him. Safrin deserved better than that too.

“I swear my loyalty to you, Safrin. In whatever capacity you need or want of me, I am yours. For eternity, life or death, my loyalty is yours. I swear it upon my life and soul, and everything that I am or will be. I am yours.” Sah spoke the words solemnly, meaning every part of the oath.  His eyes never left hers, the display of power she was showing not even registering. It was irrelevant. One did not make a true oath out of greed or lust for power. And it was no such motives that drew Sah to make his.
Sah

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Even had the outlander made his vow because of greed or lust for power, the goddess would have accepted his words. Fickle is as fickle does, after all, and Safrin knew better than perhaps anyone what it was to bend and yield and bind to attain what was desired. Though it was admirable, wanting to protect his family and thrive was selfishness of a sort, now wasn't it?

Smiling, Safrin reaches out her hands to softly cup Sah's cheeks that she might draw his head down. Pressing his lips against his forehead, the abandoned will feel a bright surge of tenacious starlight sing through his veins before melting into the very marrow of bones. "Then mine you shall be." Safrin whispers in a musical tone; whether that melody would remain an uplifting one, or one which turned discordant was fully up to Sah now.

Sah has received his armour at upgraded level!

Starmour | Beautiful lightweight armour that glistens faintly with starlight. This item blocks physical damage at Sah's Upgraded level. Requires a 2 post cool-down between uses.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah closed his eyes as the goddess reached out, humming contently as Safrin's magic flowed through him. "Thank you." For her aid, her acceptance of his oath, and even for simply accepting an Abandoned Outlander such as himself into her good graces. He'd never expected to find comfort in divinity in Caido, convinced that he would never truly move on from his time before.

But this felt right, and it soothed something in Sah to realize that. When Safrin stood back, Sah stood giving a slight bow of the head in respect to his Goddess. "Thank you again, for your aid." A small smile emerged as he eyed the armor, "It's perfect." He hadn't expected the armor to be so pretty, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

When given permission to leave, Sah would so after giving one last bow of the head. He left the shrine feeling invigorated for the first day in days.

-{FIN}
Sah