in the blink of an eye
For Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe came to the shrine with two baskets and a small pouch in tow. One basket contained hel feathers and a dream cactus, the other the blink hare she had managed to capture and tame. And in the pouch? Peaches of course. She wouldn't dare call upon her parent god without an offering just for them.

She placed the baskets down, then set the peaches up on the shrine. The Nightingale smiled as she looked up at the many-faced shrine. It fit Frey and their changing appearance so well. "Frey, I have done and brought all the things you've asked for." she called out, hoping they would answer her.

1. Experience teleportion herself, either via an item or someone else's ability
in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet

2. Bring Frey a dream cactus
Prickly Pear

3. Bring Frey a living blink hare (they can teleport themselves, so you'll have to figure out how to keep them from disappearing!)
be vewy vewy quiet {se}

4. Feathers from a hel
follow the feather lined roof
I knew who I was this morning
But I've changed a few times since then

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
frey

Appearing out of the ruby-red waters, Frey rakes one of their hands through their hair whilst being mindful of the lichen clinging to them. “My, my. You can be quite quick when you want to be.” They chuckle, offering their demigod a waggle of their eyebrows before striding out of the pool entirely.

Picking up the blinkhare, the deity stroked it adoringly before pressing a kiss to the top of its head and placing it on the ground. Reaching for the cactus and the feathers, the god looks Phoebe up and down for a moment before grinning. “Now, how do you feel about rainbows?”

Phoebe has been given the following ability

Rainboration | Phoebe can create a rainbow around herself as a means of teleportation. She can teleport to any adjacent board to the one that she is in.

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe smiled brightly as she beheld her parent god. They were always a sight for sore eyes - and today was no different. Even now as her heart still ached from the loss of Harper, she knew she could lean on her one true constant: Frey. "I'm trying to be better about timeliness." she said with a cheeky grin. Past quests had taken her a great deal of time, but this time around she had been hyper focused on the goal. She needed to be for Jude's sake.

"I love rainbows. They make me think of you." she said with an earnest smile. Frey and their shrines were associated with bright colors, and their first gift to her - Pim - breathed rainbow colored flames. Not to mention her latest ability was literally a rainbow shield. But as she spoke she felt a strange surge of power form within her before ebbing away pleasantly.

"Will I be able to travel from the Greatwood to Torchline now?" she asked. "Or is there more that I need to do?"

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
frey

Raising an eyebrow, Frey grinned. Reaching out their hands they massaged them across Phoebe’s temples and into her hair. “Always wanting more. I’m proud of you sugarplum. Once upon a time you’d have hesitated to ask for what you wanted.” But wanting and asking didn’t always mean getting. “No, this will not let you get that far, but…with a bit more work. If you’re up for it…?” Which of course they knew she was.

Reaching forward to place their lips upon their brow, Frey considered. “Take a rainbow and make it bigger. Teleport to somewhere new, and finally, have a bit of fun. Arrange a game of tag to be played with others who can teleport or otherwise disappear or move very quickly.”

Phoebe has been given a quest! She must

1. Find or make a rainbow, and then make it larger (the interpretation of this is up to you)
2. Teleport to a board that she has never been in before
3. Arrange a game of tag with people who can either teleport, move quickly, or otherwise disappear/reappear/etc.

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe smiled, eyes closing as she leaned into Frey's touch. And under their praise, a declaration that they were proud of her, she seemed to glow. She would hold that near and dear to her heart, a timeless keepsake. "That means the world to me." she said in thanks, a bright smile on her face.

But it seemed her work was not yet finished. More work needed to be done in order to achieve her final goal. But for Jude, she would put in as much work as she needed to.

The next set of tasks were far less concrete than the first ones Frey had set before her. Make a rainbow bigger? That would take some thought and interpretation surely. At least the other two seemed easier to accomplish if only by comparison. But she would find a way. "Thank you, Frey. I will return when I have accomplished these things." she said, knowing her god did not like their time wasted with frivolity.

Once Frey disappeared once more, Phoebe turned and left the shrine with new tasks set before her.

- FIN