God Quest darkness approaches
safrin, quest turn in
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Despite the fact that it was summer, the cold still bit and took no mercy. Noah tugged his Sentinel's Coat around him tightly before heading out onto the tundra. He carried his spear up over one shoulder, a maroon, silken scarf tied around it. He had picked up the scarf from the market place, a beauty among the others. The old woman who made them picked it precisely for Noah when he revealed it was to be an offering for Safrin, and took a quarter of a luxere and two ningos for it.

Noah reached the Sea of Glass and made his way to the shrine. He stood for quite a long while, looking out at the sea. The broken ice where the demigods had battled the ascended and fought back the ancient sea-beast was beginning to freeze over again thickly, and would certainly soon retain its ability to stay steadfast against any that wished to melt or break it. Lowering himself to his knees, Noah began his prayer. In his mind, he praised Vi and thanked Safrin, asking silently and genuinely for safety for those that he loved in the coming war. "Safrin, I have returned, if you have the time for me." Noah said aloud at the end, closing his eyes and placing his spear down before the shrine with the scarf still tied around it.

Noah has completed his quest!
Noah must use his spear in daylight in:
✔ (2) training threads: 1. {Training} {se} we light the way (oerwoud) 2. {Training} boomerang (stormbreak)
✔ (1) hunting thread: {PQ} {RQ} frost giants > rock giants {se} (halo)
✔ (2) regular threads (he can just have the spear out): A crossing of paths (torch) & Prickly Pear (hak etme)
The 5 threads must be in different lands.
don't wait for the wolves to tear you apart; there's always a cage around your heart

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

The icy winds part like a curtain through which a warm breeze begins to blow. It flutters the crimson fabric on the spear so that it briefly dances almost joyfully. Now was no time for joy, though, not when the world stood on the brink of war and the uncertainty of the outcome was heavy on everyone's minds.

"Hello Noah." Sounding uncharacteristically sombre and tired, indeed Safrin's tone is matched by her appearance. Lacking lustre but not warmth, the goddess appears in a lavender haze that seems to coat her skin and darken her eyes. "You have been busy." She notes with a small chuckle; his training, his quest, Halo's RQ and his recent engagement.

Starlight pours from her fingers around the spear, causing it to shine from the inside out with celestial light and power.

Noah has received:

Sun Spear | An ornate lightweight but sturdy spear that constantly glistens as if caught in a beam of sunlight. Shoots an arc of fire of up to 15ft.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah breathed in deeply as the wind changed. Blond hair flickered in the breeze that started as an icy reminder to a warmth that was unusual for this place. A smile tugged at the edges of his lips, but as Safrin materialized before him with darkened eyes, that hunter's smile faltered. "There is a lot to do with war on the horizon." Noah said, shifting his weight some before the goddess. "I want my time to matter...because I'm not sure how much of it I have left."

It was hard to admit the same fear he held in the darkest part of his heart with the herald--harder than it was to share it with Cordelia. Before Safrin, it almost felt like a failure. He imagined that the words would sting deeper and burn hotter if he gave them to Vi. "If I can protect the people I love, then I am doing the right thing. Vi would have me shine, to destroy the darkness that the ascended bring...but I am not strong enough." Not like Deimos, Remi, Ronin, even Maeve.

As he spoke and admitted his struggles, his shortcomings, he let his eyes fall to the spear before him. It changed as Safrin imbued it with her essence.
don't wait for the wolves to tear you apart; there's always a cage around your heart

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin

'You are as strong as you are.' Safrin replies with a slight shake of her head. "There is no time for things that could or might have been. You must now make the best with what you have, and who you are." Straightening, the goddess nods toward the spear to indicate its completion.

"Spend what time you have left not comparing yourself to others, but spending time with those you love." The time for doing, for rash action and desperate leaps towards strength had already passed. "It is what Vi would want."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Safrin was right and, even as the wash of guilt for what Noah hadn't done, couldn't do, moved over him, her words helped ease it away. He let out a deep breath, nodding his head and then looking back up to the goddess. "I will." He meant it, too. It would be hard to keep the gnawing what ifs at bay, but Noah would work to do it. Safrin was the herald of Vi and she knew--Noah assumed, Noah hoped--what he would want for his demigod.

"Thank you, Safrin." Noah stood to his feet, keeping his eyes on the herald drowned in lavender and touched with darkness. "If we--" make it through this he was going to say, but instead moved forward differently, "--when this is all over, I ask your blessing over my marriage."

Change author:
Safrin

Smiling warmly, Safrin nods. "Of course I will, Noah." The Sentinel might not be properly hers and though his bride to be had all but pledged herself to Frey, still the goddess was content to bless the union just the same. Whether this was because war had softened her, because she didn't believe Noah would make it to the other side, or because any amount of attention was good attention in Safrin's books, was as uncertain as anything in this life.

"I cannot go with you, to the Cordillera. So until we meet on the otherside, be well, Noah."

So saying Safrin disappears in a shower of dark warmth punctuated by the lingering smell of lavender.

~FIN