God Quest A beacon in the night
Safrin God Quest Turn-in
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
At the end of the seventh night Hadama had taken the bowl of sand and coral and water from the Maw and carefully poured the mixture into a glass fishing float for safe transport to the underwater shrine. With the float filled and corked it wasn't difficult to swim down, down to barnacle-encrusted altar where the fish darted like vein0s of silver through the living sea.

Although tired from his long vigil over the mixture, the mermanta knew that there was no more time to waste and so he moved with uncommon swiftness to his prayers. First he swept the alter clean of sand and set the clear glass container on it. Then he placed a decorative comb carved from polished snowflake obsidian - white quartz spangled within the black glass like twinkling stars - as an offering for the goddess beside it.

Then he bowed his head, and prayed. Lady of Stars and Sea, I am here. I have brought what is needed to defend my home. And all those in it, both below and above the waves, as best he could.

Wartide
1. Collect water from the maw - A wave on the ocean
2. Collect sand from the deepest part of the ocean he can safely reach - Sand in Uncomfortable Places
3. Collect coral - {SE} The Sky Falls Away
4. Mix these things together and leave them out beneath the stars for one week, ensuring they aren't disturbed. - Beauty in the Silence

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
safrin
Though Safrin appears with little pomp or circumstance, it pleases her immensely to see that Hadama has taken the time to prepare the shrine and leave an offering. Though the goddess might have been exhausted from her own war preparations, it does not escape her that the mermanta has carved out enough time to ensure he came to her properly. Such respect was hard to find these days; that didn't escape her either.

Hello Hadama. Safrin thinks with a warm smile. On this day her voice will resonate with far more humanity and mortality than ever it has before. Even so, as she reaches out for the sand, the water, and the coral, the magic that glows from her fingertips is as powerful as ever. The coral stretches and grows as it assumes a new shape. A three-pronged spear begins to form, with tines made of pure starlight.

Tell me Hadama...I know what lengths you would go to, to protect Torchline's seas. But tell me now what you desire. Without hubris and without worry about who it is asking you this question: would you rule the merfolk?
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The water took on a sparkle of otherworldly light and Hadama raised his gaze to take in the starlit perfection of the goddess he worshiped. He dipped his head deeply, briefly, in honor of her before her voice drew him back. Hair the color of steel drifted around him in the tide as he paused and considered her question with solemn intensity. When Safrin asked, it was worth thinking through the answer to be certain.

...Yes, he thought, his telepathic voice soft but sure, if such a thing could come across the mental bond. We have been adrift in the currents... But there has been no one of the old line to step forward. I would lead my people, if they would have me. To bring order from the chaos and to organize, as much as they could in the day and hours remaining, a defense of their home against the looming War.

And to lead, too, in picking up the pieces afterwards and beginning the rebuilding.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
safrin
They have always had you, Hadama. Safrin points out with a small smile. The only one who never saw a crown on your head was you. Such was the trait of all the best leaders, of course.

I will be with you as much as I can, though not even I know where I will be pulled during this conflict. In my absence, shine brightly that Torchline might remember who watches over her. So saying, Safrin holds the newly formed trident to the newly-made king.

Hadama has received:

Startide Trident | A trident formed from coral and starlight. Can be used below or above the water. Shoots a blast of arclight water that's infused with starlight up to 10ft.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
It never occurred to him to doubt Safrin's words; if she deemed him fit, then Hadama knew that he was. There would be much to learn about the art of leading, but with the goddess's guidance he felt a swell of confidence that pushed aside the uncertainty of whether he was ready or not.

Ready or not, he would do his duty to the goddess and his people.

He bowed deeply to Safrin as he accepted the trident and ran his fingers lightly over the coral and starsteel of the shaft, admiring the starlight that burned clear and bright from the tines. Thank you, Safrin. I will use your gift to protect the sea for you, he promised solemnly. And we will wait for your return.

Hopefully it would be soon.

~Fin~