I get knocked down and I get up again
Quest turn-in for Ludo
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Some quests were harder than others.

And some quests hurt more than others. A lot more.

But though his ego had been badly bruised and he'd almost drowned to death (stupid glotters), his Vest had protected him from almost every other kind of misfortune that had come his way. It had taken all Deepfrost but he'd finally managed to get attacked by half the wildlife of Caido, and he was ready to be done with it.

Besides, since he was planning to go back and fuck with a not-Balrog in the near future, he figured he needed all the help he could get.

"Hey Ludo," he called as he set the box of cat treats and a stuffed mouse toy on the shrine. Hey, the deity had absconded with the kitten sandwich he'd brought last time and he figured he should pitch in. "I got hit a lot like you asked me to and then bragged about it." And Noah had decided to test his Vest personally when he had. That hit had left bruises.

Boreal, loyal companion that she was, chortled smokily before abandoning Tal to chase a squirrel up a bloody tree.

Rockhide Vest Upgrade: Investing in the Future
1. Complete a thread encountering a Blind Swamp Rat - Talyson('s vest) must be hit by the creature. Don't ask rat-orical questions
2. Complete a thread encountering a Glotter - Talyson('s vest) must be hit by the creature. {SE} You really otter learn how to swim
3. Complete a thread encountering a Luxere - Talyson('s vest) must be hit by the creature. {SE} Are you luxer-ious?
4. Complete a thread telling someone how amazing his Rock Vest is and how good it is at keeping him safe. {Training} Stronger than you know Noah
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo
A gentle meowing heralds Ludo's arrival, though whether it comes from the cat sandwich or the deity itself is a mystery that Tal will not solve today. The raggedy tendrils that cover Ludo's form do seem to be purring, though, and one snatch of cloth does reach out to sequester the treats and toy into the void as well.

"Good, good," it praises Tal, reaching out another rag to pat him atop the head - and then a third, to promptly shove at hims vest - which will, to absolutely nobody's surprise, feel suddenly a lot stronger than before.

"Come back again if you ever want to get hit some more!" Ludo trills.

Talyson has completed his quest and his Rockhide Vest is now upgraded:

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Upgraded
Rockhide Vest | An armoured vest flecked in black and white and lined with cool, fur-like material. This item blocks physical damage at Talyson's Upgraded level. Requires a 2 post cool-down between uses.

Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Pale eyes peered around, trying to peek beneath the spooky robes to find the source of the purring, but Tal jumped as the offerings vanished into darkness. He took the pat on the head with an instinctive flinch after all the beatings he'd taken recently, but eased up when he realized it wasn't an incoming blow--

Aaaand the shove caught him by surprise and booped him back a step. He shot the god a wounded look before he realized it hadn't really... hurt. Just knocked him a little off balance.

The courier reached up to pat his vest tentatively and then lit up "Hey, thanks! This is-"

And then the god's offer sank in and Tal's face fell just a little before he managed to pull back a slightly sickly grin. "I, uh... th-thanks, Ludo. I uh. I'll keep that in mind..."

And then he bravely ran away.

~Fin~