[RQ] We know who we are
RQ turn in for Safrin!
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5250
The notices had been posted in the sea and on land a few days in advance so that those who wanted to make the journey to Aumakua could do so. Many Torchers had participated in the quests given by Safrin and it seemed right that all were invited to see what the Goddess would create from their efforts. From the Council of Harper, Jack, Ray, and Maeve to those who had brought strong backs and willing hands to the effort, to those who had helped with supplies and manual labor, to those who had simply added their prayers and well-wishes to the project, all were welcome.

It was a human tradition, he had heard, to come together at Safrin's shrine bearing candles on such occasions. For the Merfolk he had provided small glass buoys, now filled with water and bioluminescent plankton instead of air, while a choice of candles or buoys were available to any landfolk who hadn't brought their own.

He waited for his people to gather before pulling himself onto the shore until only his tail was lapped by the tide. Pride in his people filled his chest even as he bowed his head and set his offering of light upon the sand of the holy isle. "Safrin," he called in his calm, resonant voice, respectful and holding a quiet undercurrent of joy, "Torchline has done as you asked. The tasks are complete. Now we ask your blessing to connect our cities. To bridge the distance between land and sea."

Current Affairs
1. A ME led by Hadama and Maeve discussing any rules or social norms to be observed while in the underwater city - {Mini Event} Mind your fins and flukes (Hadama, Ray, Harper, Maeve, Flora)
2. Gather rocks from the Rainbow Road to serve as an indication where the bubble-stream should go. (Flora and Mel) - {RQ} they're not rocks, they're minerals!
3. A PQ with at least 2 merfolk marking out the bubble-stream's path, keeping in mind the surrounding wildlife. (Hadama, Kaiden, Harper) - {PQ} {RQ} The path of least resistence
4. A thread with at least 3 Torchers compensating for any displaced wildlife. (Ray, Hadama, Kaiden) - {PQ} The ebb and the flow
5. A thread with at least 3 Torchers creating an entrance/exit for the bubble-stream on both ends. (Flora, Jack, Melita) - {PQ} {RQ} there and back again, bubble edition
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
In normal circumstances, Melita avoided Safrin. Connections with Sunjata and that utter debacle, combined with her preference for Ludo, ensured the Honeybee’s wide berth of the starry goddess. But being nosey, and barely, if ever, in contact with her uncle, she figured it wouldn’t hurt to see the wake of Torchline be changed and altered again.

Coming with her own candle, the youth held it with both hands, accompanied by her companions as they lingered along the land. Ensuring she was, perhaps, a safe distance away from any heralds, her presence was a silent one – nodding towards Hadama, and blending in amidst the other onlookers, eager to see their work transpire into something tangible.
to be the sun
MELITA
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Flora, not unlike Melita, also avoided Safrin. But, like her fiery friend, was nosy enough to be present. So, with a tall pillar candle that smelled of lilacs, the Doubletake strolled up the sand and towards the bright mess of firelight dotting the lighthouse’s shoreline.

“Heya.” She murmurs toward Melita, before tipping a wink in Hadama ‘s direction. Normally she’d have gone over the mermanta, ignoring the assumed bubble of importance around him at times such as these. Only her dislike for the starry goddess and her inevitable appearance kept Flora from seeking out the limelight. So, with her arms crossed and a hip cocked to the side, Flora waited more or less silently.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Harper
I'll keep breaking my own heart with dreams
I know I'm still not what I want to be
It seems the herald's men even the playing field of the two young women in attendance, as Harper approaches with his own personal candle normally utilized for his prayers to Safrin. Smiling at Melita - he should really make time to see her again soon after his fumbling, drunken Longnight with her - and Flora as he arrives, the councilman lights his candle and stands amongst the gathering crowd in preparation for Safrin's arrival.

Behind him trails Jude - newly tall due to being older now, and hell if Harper has gotten used to it yet. The boy paces him like a shadow, perfectly in tune with Harper's steps and quiet as a mouse. Turning to his son, Harper gestures for Jude to present his candle, and uses his own to light the wick. "You excited?" he murmurs with a smile. It would be Jude's first time seeing Safrin after all.
But what more do you want from me?

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Rising from the sea like some warm and welcome submarine is a Tumsea. With a smattering of starfish on its shell and a coating of seaweed, the creature looks as if it is trying to reflect the starlit heavens. Slow and kind, the creature glances your way, and though it is difficult to ascribe a smile to a creature such as this, indeed it seems to be smiling at you before descending down back into the waves.

You’ve encountered a Tumsea. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Tumseas (rare/mythical): Smaller cousins of the Tulmhainar, Tumseas are like moving ecosystems all unto themselves. With shells of brilliant blues and earth browns, these turtle-like creatures can grow to nearly 4ft in diameter and can hold their breath for decades at a time. Bringing vibrancy and health to all the underwater trails they follow, Tumseas are thought to be good omens and are often followed by schools of fish encantados
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
JUDE
you're like the sun, you wake me up
Trailing his father like a vaguely-dislodged specter, Jude peers at the gathering bodies with a mix of curiosity and dread. Only one of his general age group, which is unsurprising but still disappointing. He quickly changes that word to 'intimidating', because the girl in question is unfairly beautiful. Averting his eyes lest she notice and turn him to ash with her gaze, the young man refocuses on his father. They're of a similar height now, which is...disorienting. Jude taps his fingers restlessly against the candle in his hands and startles slightly when Harper gestures for it before obliging.

"Um...not really. She probably won't talk to just me." Not as Frey had, back when he'd met them with his mother. "But I'm excited to see her." That alone would make the meeting worth it. He had come for a variety of reasons, but chief among them had been the desire to be more helpful to Torchline now that he was no longer a child. Seeing Safrin was merely a bonus.
but you drain me out if I get too much

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
safrin
The arrival of the Tumsea is accompanied by a warm spray of starlight that rains down from the sky, showering the coast with a warm glow. Stepping out from what appears to be nothing more than a sigh of sea foam comes Safrin, wrapped in lace, dark curls, and a perfectly painted smile upon her lips.

There are faces here the goddess expects to see, and faces notably lacking. Even so, it's with nothing but dazzling appreciation that she nods at each of those who have come to bear witness to this newest change to Torchline's features.

"You have all done so well." Safrin murmurs, pleased by their efforts. "Never before have the Merfolk and Torchers been closer, and now thanks to all of you, visiting one another will be even easier."

Congratulations! Torchline now has the following feature:

Bubblestream | A high-speed current of warm water now connects the Mercity and Torchline via an entrance/exit at the Kaiholo Port/Edge of the Spiral Marketplace. Transportation is completely safe and takes only a matter of moments. The bubblestream itself is roughly 10ftx10ft.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5250
Safrin's arrival was met with whispered awe and more than a few toasted drinks in the hands that weren't carrying candles. Hadama bowed deeply, and when he raised his head the goddess's stars were reflected in his emerald eyes. Her praise was soaked up like a sponge drawing in water and as her power reached out to bless the path they'd built and turn it into the Bubblestream he felt his chest swell with pride for all that humans and Mer had made together.

"Thank you, Safrin," he said, the words simple but heartfelt. Torchline's patron goddess had given them another great gift, and the region's leader - along with many of its people - were grateful for her continued care of their home.

~fin~