dance with the devil
Calliope Daughter of Selah
Bard

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Crow Offline
Change author:
MP: 225
Calliope
"With deepfrost's silver song,
My lover says so long,
Beneath the snow and ice,
She pays the final, fatal, price.
is not there any life lesser than that which I lead?"

The second stanza of this song was mournful, Calliope had to admit, but she enjoyed the melody and thought it beautiful. Whenever she sang it, she imagined what the snowy deepfrost of Halo was like. It felt like a dream, especially when she had never seen snow as a reference. This song was from that region, Mother taught her. She wanted to go someday, that was for sure.

Calliope decided to take a break for a moment, moving from her perch on a protruding rock into the shallow pool before her. She let her body relax and rest in the water, letting it hold her. No matter how beautiful her voice sounded in the air, the water would always be where she belonged.

After a few minutes or so, Calliope decided to get back up on the rock and keep practicing. As she lifted herself out of the water on her hands, tail moving to provide some propulsion, she looked into the cave that had been behind her out of view when she sang last. She noticed something that looked like a black figure, almost a shadow, but topped with blonde hair. She sat and immediately turned to look at him.

"Hello there. Were you enjoying my singing?" Her voice was sweet yet assertive, warm yet guarded. Her gaze regarded him, willing him to come out of his little hiding spot, and the corner of her lip lifted upward, as did the end of her brow.
now's the time to be alive, to stay awake and be with me a while, and smile

Messages In This Thread
dance with the devil - by George - 06-04-2023, 02:53 AM
RE: dance with the devil - by Calliope - 06-09-2023, 02:54 AM
RE: dance with the devil - by George - 06-09-2023, 03:41 AM
RE: dance with the devil - by Calliope - 06-10-2023, 02:23 AM
RE: dance with the devil - by George - 06-10-2023, 03:04 AM
RE: dance with the devil - by Calliope - 06-15-2023, 08:55 PM
RE: dance with the devil - by George - 06-15-2023, 09:23 PM
RE: dance with the devil - by Calliope - 06-17-2023, 03:40 AM
RE: dance with the devil - by George - 06-17-2023, 04:00 PM
RE: dance with the devil - by Calliope - 07-04-2023, 01:19 AM