Personal Quest by tooth or by claw
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Anju
I see red
My blood is boiling and it shows
As Samael is grasped by the rock slider, panic leaps in Anju's throat. This is precisely why she had left Riya behind, but now she wishes her sister were here to assist with freeing the dragon from the beast's grasp.

Anna's command takes hold of the others, meanwhile Anju slips her dagger from her side holster and deftly throws it towards the rockslider's lower body - though she's normally a perfect shot, the current chaos can make anything go awry, and she won't risk hitting Samael. Hopefully if it hits the pain will startle the creature into letting go or at least loosening its grip so the dragon can evacuate.

- - -

Anju uses her throwing dagger to aim for the rockslider's lower body away from Samael in the hopes the pain will make it loosen its grip.
When all you are is a weapon
You shoot them all down until you end up alone
Octavius Acanthio Belefort
Dragoon

Age: 25 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Crow Offline
Change author:
MP: 225
Octavius
Grond is completely unreceptive to Octavius' words, which does bruise his ego quite a bit. Why should Grond have this much rage towards Octavius? They only just met! In response to the rising tension, Octavius, realizing that civility would no longer work, began to take on a defensive stance. Then, as if from nowhere, Koa steps in. He neatly puts everyone in their place, and Octavius now has nothing to worry about. Except for whatever favor Koa will call in to pay for his debt.

So, Octavius is left there for a bit, still stewing in his tangled emotions, before straightening up and going to help his team. Because, thanks to Koa, they are still his team. He sets aside his bitterness to smile and chat with the workers, even, as they go about their duties. Caido knew Octavius didn't need any more enemies around.

----

Octavius stays friendly with the workers and helps them out as best he can!
i could stop dreaming and start believing in forever and ever and ever again
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
Anna's companion becomes a livewire in the rock slider's mouth, and boy does the creature not like that. It drops Samael before he has a chance to electrocute again, emitting a scream like stone grinding on stone as pain and surprise courses through it. Anna and Anju's attacks are insult to injury: the rock and knife don't manage to puncture rocky skin, but they certainly contribute towards the creature's decision to vamanos. And skedaddle it does, scrambling out of the rubble of its nest and over the wall of the cells before vanishing off into further ruins, clearly quite indignant at the loss of both home and potential meal.

Excitement over, Nua hustles the Dragoons off so she can actually begin renovations. As does Grond, though not before he begrudgingly allows Octavius to listen and weigh in on final choices and designs, perhaps gaining a tiny bit of respect for the young man in the process. Or acceptance, at least. Koa will call the other Dragoons over to the area they started, greeting each in turn and offering water in the shade.

"Ok, so, the contractors are working - guess best thing we can do is come back in week when the work is over. But before that... " He grins, raising his eyebrows. "I was thinking - where the punishments used to be held, let's build something instead. A monument, y'know? Let me know what your ideas are by tomorrow and I'll submit 'em to the contractors. Or if we agree on something today, even better."

Last round!!! Everyone succeeded this time, good job!

Please submit your suggestion for a monument or statue (either discuss IC or send Koa a note later), then come back in a week to see the finished job!
Koa
Anna Donovan
Dragoon

Age: 44 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 1 - Dext: 1 - Endr: 1 - Luck: 1 - Int:
SAMAEL - Mythical - Dragon (Lightning)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Samael hissed and snarled at the retreating animal. Angry he wasn't able to turn the rock slider into a meal, Anna gave him a mental nudge that they would return and find it later. He glided over towards his bonded, hurt and embarrassment and rage filling across their bond. Anna let a sigh of relief roll off her dropped jaw, and she brought the dragon up in her arms, looking as easy as picking up an infant despite his size.

Walking over with Koa, Anna let Samael down. "It should be a dragon." the elder said, stroking the top of Samael's head as he pressed his long body against her legs. She didn't have to give much thought to it. If this was the place, the headquarters, of the soldiers with the draconian soul weapons at their side, then it only fit.

Having let the contractors work without much interruption, Anna arrived a week later to see what had been done and what Koa had next for the project. She couldn't help but be proud of the boy, and knew his mother would be, too.
Let our blades shine with Justice
Let Valor our hearts sing.
Let all who seek protection
Find it 'neath the Dragoon's Wing.
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Anju
I see red
My blood is boiling and it shows
Anju is immensely relieved when Samael is dropped and returns hissing and retreating to Anna's side. The Captain waits until the rockslider is fully gone before turning and looking over the companion from a distance, worried but not wanting to intrude and grateful things had not taken a turn for the worst.

It seems not long after that, everything begins to tie up, and Anju finds her way to the convening bodies - tired, but triumphant. Anna's suggestion has Anju tilting her head towards the older woman in agreement before her voice broaches the space. "I agree, plus it is a timeless figure." No leaders, names, or other historical or celestial figures that might someday fall from grace and would prompt the removal or replacement of the statue. Dragons would always be dragons, and their might and beauty would always be recognizable.

- - -

Anju returns after construction is complete and agrees with Anna's suggestion.
When all you are is a weapon
You shoot them all down until you end up alone
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
A dragon, huh? Now that, Koa can get behind.

So it is that when the crew reassembles in a few weeks time, they will find a quite impressive change set upon the Needle. Gone is the harsh, soulless facade of a prison meant to punish instead of persevere; instead the compound is clean and bright, with clipped grass and smooth paths leading to spaces offering welcome and protection to all who come.

And for the eponymous Needle itself? Well - a great statue now sits atop it, a dragon emblazoned in gold and copper splendor. The tail wraps around the edifice, breaking up what was once a mirror for punishment into a kaleidoscope of reflections of their fair city. At its base, rather than a podium for chains and whips, a plaque which reads:

Let our blades shine with Justice
Let Valor our hearts sing.
Let all who seek protection
Find it 'neath the Dragoon's Wing.

Thank you all for helping out with renovating the Needle, and congratulations to the Dragoons, who can now (I think) become a real guild!! Yay!!!
Koa