fly through new skies
RQ turn-in (?)
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Safrin was gone.

It was bad enough at face value, but it got even worse the longer Soh considered the full implications. With the goddess gone to face some unknown threat, Caido needed some good news - and good news, she thought, might could come from Stormbreak. Except, who was she to speak to about removing the Abandoned defenses - good news if she'd ever heard any - when Safrin, the goddess who had given them the quest in the first place, had disappeared?

Soh had spent the better part of a week fretting over what to do. They could wait, but what if allowing Abandoned into Stormbreak would be helpful in some way? Perhaps Abandoned - and everyone else - could retreat into Stormbreak for safety. Or maybe magic would save the day if something bad were to befall Stormbreak. No, waiting an indefinite period of time seemed like a bad idea. So what else was there to do?

Well, there were other heralds, weren't there?

And so here Soh was, biting her lip nervously, preparing to ask Frey for help with their regional quest. Or at least guidance. What was the worst that could happen? They said no?

The worst that could happen was that she'd be smited (smote?), but she didn't think Frey was that sort of herald. Hopefully.

Soh had brought an offering for both Safrin and Frey - and, because she didn't want to offend, even a little something for Ludo. She placed the offering to Safrin first - a lovely globe of glass, crafted to look like a starry sky - with a murmured prayer. "Please don't be offended, Safrin," she said. "I'm just doing my best."

Then she placed the offering for Ludo - a little puzzle of interlinked metal pieces, the goal of the game being to disentangle the pieces from one another. She offered no specific prayer, but sent a general feeling of gratefulness into the ether. Ludo was the herald she was least familiar with, but she hadn't wanted to offend it by leaving it out.

Finally, she placed the offering for Frey: an assortment of seeds from various winter flowers, and a small painting of a peach, just for old time's sake. "Hi, Frey," she said. "I - I don't know if this is okay, but I don't know what else to do or who else to go to." Now that she thought about it, she could have tried to speak to Vi. Maybe she should have done that, but that seemed scary and intimidating and insane. She pressed on. "I don't know if you can help us, but, Safrin gave Stormbreak a quest before she left, and we completed the tasks, but with her gone, I don't... know what to do. I'm sorry if you're the wrong one to bring this to," she added. "I hope I don't offend, I just -" Realizing she was rambling, she clamped her jaw shut.

Maybe Frey wouldn't be angry.

Please, Frey, don't be angry.

------

Sohalia is visiting nature Frey. She is trying to turn in the RQ given by Safrin here: if i open my eyes.

1. 2 ME in other regions letting them know of the change
{Mini Event} be our guest
{Mini Event} come one, come all
2. A PQ collecting the hand-mines around the gates of the city
{PQ} {RQ} helping hands
3. A thread with at least 3 Breakers destroying the hand-mines in Apopo (burning them) or the Maw (sinking them).
{RQ} and in the whistle of the wind
4. A thread with at least 3 Breakers filling the holes left by the hand-mines with region-appropriate flora
{RQ} wild, magical things
am i right side up or upside down

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the stories i could tell
Neither Frey nor Ludo appear. Instead, on swift and near-silent pale wings comes a barn owl as common as any other on first glance. That is, until one looks in the eyes.

And oh!
The eyes.

Galaxies bloom and unfurl in the creature's unblinking gaze as it lands on an outstretched bough and marks Sohalia solemnly. Tucking its wings tight against its small body, the creature tilts its head this way and that, studying the Luminary silently for a moment. Then, without sign or explanation at all, it flies away.

Congratulations on completing your RQ! That's probably what Artemide's presence indicates, anyways.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
For a moment, nothing happened, and Soh looked around at the shrines, deflated and defeated. Well, it had been worth a shot.

But then she heard the soft sound of wings, so similar to that of her own wings in her snowy owl form, and she looked up to find a barn owl flying around the shrine. At first, she didn't think much of it; the shrine was, after all, in the Celestine, and animal activity was not unheard of there. But then it landed, regarding her solemnly, and she caught sight of its eyes. She swallowed hard. Its eyes were galaxies, as vast and endless as the night sky.

Then, before she could say or do anything, it flew away. And Soh was filled with a sense of peace.

Maybe things would be okay, after all.

-FIN-
am i right side up or upside down