[se] sorry but you just got in my way
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
& if you never bleed you're never gonna grow
Given how truly devastated Torchline had been earlier in the year by the arrival of Starfall, a few citizens had taken it upon themselves to organize an appreciation event in the middle of Haulani. The event consisted of random pairings of individuals who attended, in 5 minute segments, where each duo would clasp hands, and spend their time together saying what they were thankful for. The idea was of course to spread cheer and to remind all who were there that everything was not quite so bleak as it had seemed when the island had first appeared near their shores.

Of course Flora had attended given her position as queen. Dressed in a cocktail dress made mostly of sequins, the Doubletake looked as shimmery and effervescent as any might have expected from her. Having gone through a few rounds already Flora was nearly ready to excuse herself and find her way towards the punch bowl—gods hopefully it had been spiked with something—when the shifting crowd parted and an unfortunately familiar face filled almost the entirety of her vision.

Given how things were set up and how thick the crowd was around them, it wasn't as though Flora could somehow evade her next pairing, and so it was the queen found herself reaching out her hand to grasp Koa 's as they were bound together for the next five minutes in a ceremony of appreciation.
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Online
Change author:
MP: 2580
when I'm at the mall, security just can't fight them all
And when I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks
Koa is also here.

Seeking purpose and also a reprieve from his downward spiral of emotions, the Dragoon had seen the signs for a gratitude event and thought, y'know what, seems like a nice positive way to spend and afternoon. He'd even gotten himself a nice set of clothes for the occasion, linen pants and a button-down shirt adorned with cloud wyrms wearing sunglasses. The sort of fun and festive thing he'd never wear back home.

And though it starts off stilted and strange, soon enough Koa is having a grand ol' time. His inherent extroversion and positive outlook make him well-suited to this kind of activity, and he makes a game of bringing smiles and laughs to his partners by the time they part. So it is he's  feeling brighter and lighter than he has in months, grinning boyishly as he spins around to meet with his next partner---

"Flora!"

There's a comical mix of vibrancy and alarm in Koa's voice as he squawks her name, an octave higher than usual. Clearing his throat, the Dragoon extends his calloused hands to wrap around those of the Queen. "I mean- Hey." The stony silence of their boat ride from Apopo looms heavy in his mind, threatening to rear its ugly head as he flounders for something appropriate to say. At last he settles on: "You look beautiful," a flush on his cheekbones and voice wavering uncertainly as he meets her flawless, aqua eyes.
Koa Carpenter
We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service