[SE] You've Returned from Crossing the Stars
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
Sah
The forest never sleeps and the wolf never dies
The tournament was to begin tomorrow but for tonight, Sah was focused on his quest. It was a full moon, and he couldn't possibly let the opportunity go to waste. Not when he was in Torchline and Safrin's shrine was there. Upon arriving at Aumaku, he had first entered the shrine. Placing an embroidered and fur-lined cuff down, he had bowed his head. "Safrin, thank you. I hope that I make you proud tomorrow."

Now, he found himself relaxing in the shadow of the lighthouse with the moon shining above. Lilly and Pad were curled up in the grass beside him, the silver wolf's head in his lap as he lazily stroked her ears. In front of the trio lay a blanket where his armor lay in the direct moonlight.

Tipping his head back, Sah's eyes traced the stars above. It was quiet, apart from the gentle lull of insects and the crash of the waves below. The Wild Thunder stiffened as one of Pad's ears flicked and the wolf lifted his head to stare into the distance.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Seren

A dark shape blotted out the stars as it passed overhead. A distant rumble of large wings followed like an afterthought, in counterpoint to the rolling waves and the sigh of wind. Disappearing into the dark of night for a while, it returned some minutes later, now burdened with the weight of something large and wriggling in its grasp. As the creature passed right over the wolves a rain of blood and ocean water scattered down on them, and the light of the moon glittered upon the scales of a dragon so deeply blue it might as well be black.

From somewhere close by, a voice called to the creature, ringing and bright with laughter. The night seemed more lit with stars than anywhere else in that direction, outlining the silhouette of a girl with raven hair tossed by the wind. She had not yet seen the others, too absorbed in fending off the dragon who seemed intent on sharing his meal with her.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Sah's eyes snapped up as a dragon flew overhead, followed by a rain of water and blood. Leaping to his feet, the Wild Thunders' magic crackled to life along his skin. Beside him, Pad's hackles raised. It's nearly an afterthought, but with a combination of wind and water magic, the trio are quickly cleansed.

Realizing Lilly's lack of aggression, Sah glanced at the she-wolf in confusion. She was sniffing the air excitedly just as a laugh was heard on the wind. Sah choked on his breath at the familiar sound. A star-clad figure approached as Lilly swamped Sah and Pad's minds with the face of a friend long vanished. A face that still to this day featured in the occasional dream.

The Wild Thunder took a single step before freezing. It couldn't be. It was impossible. She was in the stars. His breathing came faster as she shook his head to try and clear it.

Pad glanced between his packmates in confusion, ears pinning back as his sister suddenly took off running. The silver she-wolf let out a happy yip, tail wagging furiously as she raced over to the woman. Excitedly whining, she circled Seren, her joy echoing through the bond and overwhelming her stunned Abandoned.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren

While the dragon rumbled a warning at the wolf that came charging towards them, the woman only gasped in delight and was on her knees in an instant. Outstretched hands fussed adoringly at the overjoyed canine, and the antics had her laughing still more.

Looking up, Seren gazed across the expanse of night at the man whose silhouette she could barely make out in the darkness.
"Sah? Is that really you?" She got back to her feet, and came wandering across the heather fields and the rocks with light footsteps that barely seemed to touch the ground.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Lilly let out a whine as she licked Seren's face, her entire body wagging with her tail. She reluctantly got down so that the Demi-god could address her bonded. Shooting Umbra a look, Lilly walked beside Seren as she crossed the field.

"Seren?" The word held such weight but was a mere whisper in the wind. Sah couldn't believe his eyes. If Lilly wasn't bombarding his mind with confirmation that this was truly his long-lost friend, he'd have thought she was an illusion. Once she was just a few feet away, he took a few cautious steps forward. His hand half raised as if to pull her closer. Hesitating, he let his hand drop, unsure if such a gesture would be welcomed. The Wild Thunder's longed to touch her and confirm that she was real was overwhelming.

Beside him, Pad glared at Umbra for daring to even vaguely threaten his sister.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Her name spoken from numb lips was all the confirmation Seren needed. The outstretched hand was taken for an invitation, and though Sah's hand faltered and started to fall, hers did not. With outstretched arms she flew across the last few paces and wrapped the young man in a tight hug, her freckled cheek soft where it pressed against his.

"I missed you!" she murmured, heart racing from the surprise of finding him here. "I thought you'd be in Halo - was going to come see you as soon as I could, but now you're here!" Laughter was a bubbling brook lacing through her voice, and if she trembled slightly it was only because she was excited to find a friend so unexpectedly.

Umbra snorted to himself, unimpressed as always with the wolves. Paying them little heed, he focused his attention on the meal he had caught and left the two-legs to their own devices. This one would not harm his bonded; they had squared that matter long ago.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah sharply inhaled as Seren wrapped him into a hug. In less than a heartbeat, his arms came up, and he embraced her tightly. "You're here? How? I thought you were in the stars." The I never thought I'd see you again., and You didn't even get the chance to say goodbye., were left unsaid. She was here, she was real. The Wild Thunder gently squeezed Seren to confirm it to himself yet again.

"I missed you so much." His eye caught the armor in his peripheral vision. "I'm actually on a quest from your mother, and I'll be participating in the Tournament tomorrow." It warmed him to know that she had been intending to visit Halo.  "So much has happened. How are you?" Her laughter made Sah smile widely into her hair. Gods, it really was Seren. He'd recognize that laugh anywhere. He hardly cared that she was trembling, he was too. Shock, awe, relief, and overwhelming joy. The Wild Thunder wasn't if he was capable of articulating the rush of emotion.

Pad snapped at Umbra's heels as the dragon passed him and it was only Lilly reaching over and scuffing her brother that stopped him from doing more.  The dragon could be dealt with later.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

A soft, happy sound whispered from her as strong arms closed around her. As she was squeezed, Seren squeezed back, her arms a gentle weight around his neck. "I convinced Mother to let me return," she murmured, in no hurry to let go any time soon. "I couldn't stand being safe while you all were not. Not again. Not without at least trying to be there for you."

Leaning back just enough that she could look at Sah, her raven locks tickled his hands while she smiled up at him. "I will be competing too. I'll cheer for you - though something tells me we won't be facing each other." The times where she was able to overpower him were long in the past, she could feel it even in the embrace; not so far removed from the strength of her father, and beyond her own ability by far.

It made for a warmly reassuring pair of shoulders to lean on, indeed.

"I'm perfectly well, now that I have found you," Seren assured with a dimpled smile. "Still settling in, and getting used to the weight of the world. Will you tell me about it? All the things that have happened?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah sighed softly, relaxing into her hold, "Yeah? I'm proud of you for feeling that way. Let me know if there's anything that I can do to help." Her resolve and kindness were some of his favorite things about her and he'd happily aid the Demi-god in any quests that she took or find time to train with her to increase her strength.

The Wild Thunder softened as blue met gold, "I'll cheer for you too." Sah had a feeling that she was correct in assuming that they weren't in the same bracket. As his eyes gently roved her face, he took in every detail. She'd changed, aged, and matured just as he had. She was still the Seren that he remembered, even in strength. Her grip on him gave the new gap away and it made something fierce and protective rise up in him. Dangerous times were ahead and Sah knew that the Demi-god had an uphill battle ahead to prepare in time.

If he had softened when their eyes met, he fully melted at Seren's words, the tips of his ears just barely turning pink. When was the last time that had happened? He couldn't recall. Sah gently knocked his forehead to hers, "It is a big world." He pulled back enough to continue their conversation, "Of course I will." The Wild Thunder glanced at the blanket where his armor lay, "Do you want to sit and talk?" He was loathed to ask because he'd have to let her out of his arms, but it'd be far easier to converse on the ground. They could find a way to still cuddle though.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Beaming at his praise, a touch of color spread across her cheeks, barely visible in the low light. She had forgotten the butterflies this man used to start up within her, and was surprised by their reawakening. Sudden, and immediate, they nearly took her breath away.

"Of course. Right here?" Reluctantly Seren eased back out of Sah's embrace. There wasn't a lot of room on the blanket as the armor took up most of it, but it was enough let her make herself comfortable. She patted the spot next to her with an inviting smile. "It's strange. I know it has been years since we last met. But speaking with you it's as though no time has passed at all." Was that a mark of friendship? A sign that they would always be a little bit compatible?

She hoped it was.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah was just as reluctant to let Seren go, but he settled himself by sitting close to her enough for their shoulders to brush. He glanced at the stars above wistfully before meeting Seren's eyes with a small smile, "Five years is a long time. But I feel the same." He had grieved her and their friendship, even if she hadn't died. Yet, he'd been all but certain that he would never lay eyes on the Demi-Goddess ever again.

Being with her now, it felt like something in his heart was simply slotting into place. The space that Seren had made for herself alongside Sah's closest friends and family was reawakening from its slumber. It was warm.

"I'm not sure how much you could see from the stars, but I'll tell you everything that I recall." Sah took a moment to place where to begin. "As you know, the war with The Voice happened. We won, and she sacrificed her life to save her Ascended children. At the same time, her actions awoke Dygra and her Ancients. From what I've heard, many of the Ascended have also become Ancients."

The Wild Thunder hummed in thought as he continued, "The politics in Caido have shifted around some, such as Abandoned now being allowed in Stormbreak and the Ancients making the Grounds their home. Deimos and Evie are the current Wardens of Halo, and they're doing an incredible job. We had a brief period of peace, too.  Now, with the arrival of the Family and the Void, we have another looming war on our hands." That was the short and sweet summary, and he paused to let Seren digest it all.

"A lot has happened with our other mutual friends, too." And himself. But Sah didn't want to overwhelm Seren with everything all at once.