[SE] There is light in the darkness
open gratitude SE!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
His sisters would skin him alive if he didn't visit during Deepfrost and help around the family store for a few days, but the weight of sisterly affection - and bullying - could be downright smothering at times, and Tal had fled made some much-needed time to pay his respects to the gods while things were relatively quiet.

Boreal had stayed behind to be pampered and spoiled, leaving Tal to make the trek to the Citadel's shrine alone. The familiar tasks were oddly soothing as he went around, refreshing the candles so their flames wouldn't go out and sweeping out the faint traces of previous offerings that had been missed by the last supplicant.

He finally settled down in front of the altar, placing offerings of fruit and flowers from the Greenhouse, a pair of black and white candles, and a ball of yarn alongside the tag of one of his faithful sled team who had passed away in the previous year. Bringing his hands together he bent his head and spoke with quiet, fervent gratitude. "It's been a hail of a year, huh? But thanks for helpin' me through it an' keepin' my friends an' family safe. I really appreciate it. An' especially all th'times y'answer me an' give me items an' stuff. I dunno if I always say it enough, but... yeah. Thanks, t'all o' you."

Open!
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
Zavien
His muscles had relaxed as the warm Citadel air embraced his aching body. Compared to the snow he'd just crawled out of, the relief of the moist Greenhouse had been a welcomed change. He'd taken a deep breath of earth and fragrant flowers, smiling to himself at the comfortable atmosphere. After gathering a few stalks of 'lavender' (as he'd been told they're called), Zavien had sought out the shrine to deposit them. The chilly weather and festive season reminded him that he had a lot to be grateful for, making his visit was long overdue.

He wasn't expecting to find the shrine occupied, particularly by a familiar face. Dipping his head respectfully, he stepped forward to place his bundle of purple flowers on the shrine. Remembering the life breathing into his lungs and being protected beneath the snow, he sent a silent prayer of thanks to Vi. In specific, he recalled a moment when an unlikely orange cat had kept him company on a lonely night. With fond memories, Zavien clasped his hands in reverent appreciation for the god.

Once his prayer was complete, he looked to Talyson, smiling. "What a pleasant surprise. How have you been, Talyson?" He glanced around for the friendly companion that usually trapsed behind the man, slightly disappointed to see her missing. "No Boreal today?"
Keep your face to the sunshine,
And you cannot see a shadow.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
The courier blinked out of his prayer as he heard someone else approaching, so he didn't jump - for once - when Zavien entered the shrine. He was surprised to see the Breaker though, and he had to fight the urge to rub his eyes and make sure he wasn't seeing things. He shuffled back to give the other man space for his own prayers, lingering awkwardly as he tried to decide whether to stay and chat or to leave the guy to make his prayers in peace.

For better or worse he waited too long to decide, and he was still standing there when that cheerful smile was turned on him. "Oh! Hey Zavien," he returned the greeting, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I've been... uh. Better?" He winced at the question in his own voice. "I mean, I could be worse, y'know? An' Boreal's back home--" He waved vaguely south and east. "Gettin' fed way too many treats by my sisters an' gettin' t'know th'new sled dogs." His own lips tugged upwards towards a rueful smile at his favorite subject before he refocused on Zavien. "What about you? How're things goin'?"
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
Zavien
Tal's response made Zavien concerned about what may be bothering the man. Sure, the tournament hadn't ended in his victory, but Tal didn't seem the kind to get hung up on that kind of thing. Was there something else? With an easy smile, he said, "I'm sure Boreal is having a blast, especially if food is involved." He seemed to recall her practically inhaling his hand when he offered a strip of jerky.

In response to the questions, Zavien shrugged jovially. "I've been busy continuing to investigate the Void while also trying to ignore it and enjoy the season." He didn't want to mention that he was now getting tangled in webs of secret rendezvouses and letters. The carefree way he'd walked around Stormbreak now felt weighted with tension and analysis. Things were too serious to fully let the festivities occupy his time, but he tried to bask in the lights and laughter any chance he got.

Letting his concern show through, he asked, "Are you sure everything's alright? This season has been difficult for a lot of people." Thoughts of those struggling in the cold or suffering from the Void came to mind. It wouldn't surprise him if Tal was also experiencing hard times. If able, he wanted to help whoever possible, even more so his friends. And he liked to count Talyson among his friends.
Keep your face to the sunshine,
And you cannot see a shadow.