You Can’t Take Me
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

He caught the knife. He caught the knife. Ashe blinked and shifted her weight to the balls of her feet and narrowed her eyes… what the.. was he..? Ashe nearly cried out in outrage - he was smirking at her. Ire flared in her chest and her lip curled in a snarl, and all at once she realized that this was no Northavener she'd ever known. Ashe had many friends she sparred with, but she had yet to find anyone like she'd had in the Guild. Brutal and fast and trained by the elite.. she'd been lacking any harsh and consistent challenge since she toppled that empire. But whoever this was, he was a formidable foe. Catching one of her throws. And smirking about it.

’Prick,’ she thought.

She caught the movement of his arm seconds before he let the blade fly. Ashe fluidly tilted her back, and the blade shot by her, so near that she felt the air parting for it. She didn't dare catch the razor sharp knife, not with her bare hands. She cursed when she realized it gave him exactly the chance he needed, and the hooded man was dashing away again. Ashe charged after him without hesitation, shifting half way into her lunge. Paws rejoined the earth with a half growled bark, claws dug in, and she was racing forward. She only caught up in time to watch him nimbly launch himself up and up and up, then he was on the other side of a wall. A growl rumbled from her chest, and the wolf didn't quite follow his path. She chose a more.. direct route. She picked up her speed, and just as she reached the wall, she gave a mighty leap.

She cleared the wall, and she thudded down and was already running with a satisfied huff. If she'd been in her original skin.. she wasn't ashamed to say she'd be grinning. As she was, her ears were perked forward, golden eyes gleaming with crackling heat. She thought to call upon her lightning, to really stop him in his tracks. Blue and gold sparks snapped and hissed in her wake every time her paws touched down, but she sent none of it after her opponent. Not yet… she wasn't ready for this to be over.

Then there was the crack of a whip.

Ashe swore she felt her entire back split open in lines of deeply aching fire. She flinched and let out a deafening and snarling bark that echoed into the silence of the ruins. Her hind end swung forward as claws dug into the overgrown cobblestone, skidding and scrambling to slow her, to instinctively keep her away from the sound of that whip. The wolf's ears were ringing then, tongue lolling from her drawn and parted jaws as she bounced a few steps forward. Golden eyes were opened wide, and coherent thought was hard to latch onto. The wolf was pulling her tongue back and baring her teeth as she wildly looked about, animalistic fear and aggression blazing in her eyes.

No one had wielded a whip against her since she had been broken that day at least two years ago. The image of her taking that whip between her teeth and ripping in two flashed in her head, and she launched forward again. Stupid, stupid rookie mistake. The sound of the whip tripped her up, and she lost sight of the dangerous stranger. ’Idiot girl.’

She wasn't letting him get away. She got his scent, and she was on the hunt for the knife-throwing whip-wielder that had dared smirk at her. Her, the Assassin in Blue! Ashe snarled and slowed her pace to quiet her pawsteps as that scent of pine and sea mist grew stronger. She strained her ears forward and listened beyond her racing heart as she bounded down the crumbling streets, and cursed inwardly at not knowing her way around - she needed to do some heavier exploration. Right now, however…

Ashe zeroed in on him. She could just barely could see his frame ahead of her now, and that scent that was so heavily intertwined with everything else was powerful enough to taste it on her tongue. The wolf quickly banked off onto a side street, picking up her speed to circle around, flank him first and then cut him off.

She paced herself, keeping herself utterly silent, never losing his scent, never taking her ears from him, her eyes gleaming from the dark with every break in crumbling walls and buildings… and then she shot out from the dark, a silent shadow streaking out from the darkness between two fallen pillars and into the silver light of the moon. The wolf lunged with open jaws for his back, and her teeth would close around the fabric of his tunic if he didn't react in time. She’d keep moving and yank harshly with a snarl, aiming to throw him off balance, and she hoped to skitter out of his reach if it worked. ’Who the fuck are you?’ she thought in frustration.

Kalt

ashetta
it's live or die my way.

Messages In This Thread
You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 12:41 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 02:16 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 03:05 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 04:03 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 04:37 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 06:20 AM