Do you believe that you can walk on water?
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Alistair shook his head as he began to wander around the temple. "It's easy to utter those words. It's easier to hear them and feel it'll be ok. You hear them enough and it begins to lose meaning. Words are just that..." He would stop and turn to Ashetta with a shrug and half-lift of his arm. "...just words. Hollow as the paper they're written on. Don't tell me you're sorry, because the more I hear those words the less inclined I am to believe them, and am just hearing what you think I want to hear.

I'm not your master. I'm not your captor. You don't have to feel confined and obligated to please me. I'm your husband. I shouldn't have to ask, and you shouldn't feel obligated to mutter recycled words assuming it'll make things better. If you want this to work you have to make this work. I don't have to tell you I love you. My actions have always expressed such. I followed you to the very depths of your terrors and emerged, together.

You have all this magic, all this power, and you are convinced that makes you strong. Makes you powerful and fierce and you constantly go out of your way to prove that. It's an illusion. Because when left to your devices, you tremble. In the realm of battle you are unquestionably powerful...but if there is no wars, no battles, what is left for you? Nothing. At least, that is the path you have built for yourself. You keep pushing yourself away, you will be left with nothing, no one but your own guilt and anger.

I'm not asking to have you slave over a kitchen and have my meals ready for me, fetching my slippers and stripping your clothes at my command. I want my wife back, not a slave, that's not who you are.

I don't want your apologies, I don't want excuses or obligatory motions because it'll make me feel better. We have sailed through oceans or turmoil and shit and have come out the other end, alive...because we did it together.

Whatever it is you are running from, whatever it is that wakes you and drives you away...you will never get passed it alone. A strong as you think you are, some things are never meant to be fought alone. So don't stand there and tell me you're sorry and you'll do better...tell me it's ok to love you...tell me you love me...and tell me whatever it is, we will do this together.

There is little in this world I fear, none greater than waking up one night to silence. Not a thought or feeling...just empty, numb, nothingness and finding you alone and lifeless. I can't...and I won't accept that. I won't accept you doing...whatever it is you feel you have to do, alone.

Otherwise this means nothing...and has always meant nothing. It is empty and hollow like words without action." Alistair raised his hand to display their bonded rings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you believe that you can walk on water? - by Alistair - 11-19-2018, 08:25 PM