what’s so amazing about grace?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

Well this is it. They’ve put in the work, crafted a new holy place that is hopefully more secure than the last, that will stand against the tests of hate and nature both. The last step was simply calling the soul into the body, breathing life into new lungs.

Unfortunately, it’s a task easier said than done. What few threads remain of Nate’s attention are being pulled in every direction, and even when he can focus one in this direction, there’s the dilemma of how few ascended actually live in Torchline. Letters have been sent out, the word planted in every friendly ear he can manage, and finally planning comes to fruition, and they can gather in the damp cave housing the new shrine.

Nate is there first, if only to direct people into the right cave. When they’ve all arrived, made the short dive through, he steps to the front of the group and takes a breath. He’s never sure what to say for these, but this is the first time he hasn’t actually been able to summon words, gesturing for someone else to say something.

Shrine requirements:

Gather obsidian from the spire: {O} It's your fault
Obtain an abandoned’s lightning magic: I wouldn't love me neither
Electrify obsidian: {SE} I buy my enemies rope to hang me
Rebuilding the shrine w/ 3 ascended: {PQ} ready or not here we go
Like a bullet through a flock of doves
To wage this war against your faith in me
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
but the wolf is always there, even when i can't see it
He wouldn’t miss this for anything. After all, he’d helped build the shrine, so he supposes it’s only expected of him to show up for it as well. And so, here he is, patched up by Isla and healed almost fully by this point, slipping in through the little section they’d carved out, content to not get stuck within it again, especially as he rises back out of it to the other side where the shrine sits. He’s soaking wet, but he does nothing to fix the majority of it aside from shaking off the metal arm.

And once that’s done, his gaze finds Nate, watching as he steps forward and takes a breath, yet no words come out. He spies the gesture and he’s quick to try and alleviate any worry the demigod might have when it comes to the activation, stepping up quickly to stand beside Nate and dip his head in a small bow, eyes focused entirely on the shrine for their goddess. Before he begins, though, his metal shoulder bumps into Nate’s, a low thrum of a sound leaving him in a whisper only for Nate’s ears to hear. “Ya did great, kid.

He settles in again, every ounce of him focused on the shrine, reaching out in all the ways he knows how. “We know that you're always with us, so I'm sure you must know that the shrine has been rebuilt.” He pauses, casting a glance to any others that might have joined. “All we ask is to have your light shine through it, to help us remain bright in the face of Torchline's sun.” His head lifts, his oceanic gaze slipping to Nate’s face with an encouragingly gentle fanged smile.
VARUS
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Ophelia

Torchline is…an experience.

Ophelia had scarcely left the farm in their life. As a Barrier child, they’d never dreamed of seeing the world beyond. Torchline is a lot to wrap their head around as a whole. Loud, busy, bright. Beautiful, like sun rays on broken glass. Ophelia has no blood to bleed, but they are careful not to touch all the same.

They’d needed directions to even arrive properly, but even drenched and out of place with the two men they’ve never met, Ophelia seems lit within. A serene, awed smile that has the tips of fangs poking against their bottom lip, and pale ice blue eyes wide and flickering as if to take in everything at once.

Moving on light feet to the two older Ascended, their fingers extending to snag at their own clothes in strange greeting. “Hello family,” they croon in their dreamlike voice, unblinking but smiling warmly. Turning to the rebuilt shrine, Ophelia closes their eyes and tilts their head to the side as if listening to something only they can hear. And they pray, unsure what else to do.
it's peaceful in the deep, either way you cannot breathe
no need to pray - no need to speak
Cameron Davis
Artist

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Cam didn't have all the context for what had gone into this new shrine, or why the old one had been destroyed -- though they could guess that much, given the general hostility towards the Voice that Nate and Wessex had told them about, that they'd started to glimpse for themself. But they knew that more voices were needed to call their goddess to it, and so they'd shown up, looking to lend a hand to their new allies -- their new family.

"Hi," they replied softly to Ophelia, but most of Cam's attention was on the shrine as they tried to pray. They weren't very good at it, in their own opinion; they'd been an atheist at home, never believing that a distant god would answer them, so it was really a new skill. And they definitely hadn't honed it much yet, but hey, practice made perfect, right?

Please bless this shrine, they thought at the Voice, unsure what else to add.

cameron ?

"Cameras" by Ennev is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
i'll be your hope, i'll be your love, be everything that you need.
"Such hard work and such devotion, my bright ones." She whispers, or so it seems, throughout the very walls of the cave, tone reverent and full of wonder. The Voice is present without being seen at first, though the crackles of light that spark and dance off the stone are enough to signal that she is all around them. Indeed, as electricity strokes at their skin, they will feel replenished the same as they might at any shrine, and it will appear, when all is done, that light shines from every nick and crack in the rock.

And when the Voice does emerge, it is with open arms and a beatific smile for her bright ones. "It is one thing to construct a shrine. But to rebuild, to continue even in the face of adversity... you have done so, so well. May Ascended come here to pray for years to come."

The shrine at Torchline has been re-activated! Congratulations all! Feel free to leave parting posts - the thread will be archived in 48 hours.