the stars that guide me towards salvation
Quest turn in for Safrin <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve climbs the stairs of the lighthouse a bit more slowly, one hand holding onto the basket that contains the necessary components Safrin requested for her weapon as well as her offering while the other braces against Aidon’s back. The dragon ensures she remains steady as she makes her way to the shrine of her goddess. Reaching up to wipe a bit of sweat from her brow, the perspiration beading there despite the cooler temperature that hangs in the air now, seemingly another side effect of her pregnancy. The Nightshade is showing rather prominently now that she’s almost halfway through her pregnancy, the loose fabric of her dress still managing to cling to the swell of her belly, but Maeve doesn’t pay it any mind and she’s sure Safrin won’t either.

Finally reaching the top, the Nightshade doesn’t hesitate to begin setting up, placing her own candles alongside those that are already here. Each component is laid out for Safrin to examine. The burning feather from Ronin’s phoenix shift still casts a glow in the box that contains it, the Ursus leather provided by Noah, and the carefully coiled vine she collected with Aurelia. Aidon stands to the side, waiting to contribute his own fire once it’s needed, orange eyes tracking his bonded closely.

As for the offering, Maeve sets out various silver pots, inlaid with pearls and filled with a multitude of different things of her own making. One holds hand cream scented with honeysuckle and lavender and another a lipstick that perfectly matches the shade Safrin so often favors. ”Hello, Safrin… I’ve managed to gather everything you need. Thankfully I didn’t have to do any Ursur hunting myself. I imagine that would have been a touch difficult given that I’m not really a hunter. Ronin also tried to mail me one of his feathers. Not sure why he thought that would work, but he came to the Court and we managed to collect one without burning anything down.” Maeve finishes with a soft laugh, waiting with her hands clasped in front of her for her goddess to appear, a smile already curling on her lips. ”I also wanted to talk with you about something. If you have the time and would be willing to grant me the opportunity.”

This is a turn in for the quest received in flower gleam and glow
A feather collected from Ronin in too hot to handle
A sentient vine collected in under garden and calicos
A bit of Ursur leather obtained from Noah in Noah
Fire provided by Aidon actively.
when you are not fed love on a silver spoon
you learn to lick it off of knives

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

Perched on the windowsill where her silhouette was illuminated by the moonlight outside, the goddess smiles warmly at the pregnant queen. She has no need for human cosmetics, but then, she has no need for any of the things they bring to her either. Oh, but she has want of them just the same. "It's good to have capable friends." The goddess agrees with an approving smile. That Maeve had decided on a phoenix feather has Safrin's head tilting slightly to the side as she slips off of the window.

"Why did you decide on one of Ronin's feathers...?" She asks as she nears, her dark gaze penetrating but warm.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve smiles back, nodding in agreement as the goddess speaks. It was a statement she could wholely agree with. The Nightshade was as well taken care of as she was thanks to those capable friends. Maeve knew when it was best to keep someone close. Demigods that could keep her safe were at the top of that list. "Yes it is." She murmurs in agreement, straightening her shoulders as Safrin approaches.

"I thought it would be fitting. Ronin is a dear friend of mine. Not only that, but he's your champion. To have a weapon crafted by you using a piece of him just seemed right." part of her worries for a moment that she won't approve. If that was the case then there were other options to be had. Both the feathers from Remi and Sunjata were tucked into the basket, set to the side for her if those were more appealing.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin

It takes a moment, but eventually Safrin's lips curl into a smile that grows until her teeth are showing. "Phoenix feathers are one of the only things unable to be burned." She muses with a chuckle. "But..." But oh, that it was one of Ronin's feathers was indeed intriguing. "...I'm sure we can make it work."

So saying Safrin reaches out for the collection of items. Holding out the feather toward Aidon, the goddess offers the dragon a small wink indicating that it should breathe fire onto the feather. Though it won't do any good given that the feather is already burning, ritual is important. Binding together the ursur leather for the handle and the vines for the actual whip-portion, starlight fuses all the pieces together until what remains is a sleek weapon already perfectly suited for the Queen's hand.

Maeve has received:

Pheonix Whip | A 10ft whip that creates a small sonic boom and ignites the phoenix feather on its tip when snapped. When not in use, the feather on the end looks like smouldering embers but is not hot.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Unease hangs heavy on her for the span of a breathe, but Safrin finally smiles and that is unsettling in it's own way. Deadly and beautiful and capable of bringing Maeve to ruin if the goddess so wished. The final approval relaxes the Nightshade and she offers a tentative smile of her own in return before stepping back to allow Safrin room to work. Upon Safrin's instruction, Aidon releases a jet of fire, heating the interior of the lighthouse with his flame before it tapers out.

As always, Maeve is in awe of the herald, watching raptly as she deftly creates her new weapon of choice. It fits smoothly into the palm of her hand the same way her bow does. She tests the weight of it and gives an experimental flick of her wrist, producing a sharp snap, igniting the feather and the whip before it dies down again. "It's perfect. Thank you so much, Safrin. You continue to bless me with your time and gifts beyond what I surely deserve. I'll never be able to thank you enough."

There is more she wants to say. More she needs to ask, but she hesitates, coiling the whip up and glancing to the goddess beneath thick lashes. "I have something I wish to speak with you about, but I don't want to bother you and take more of your precious time when you've already given me so much."

Change author:
Safrin

"You're very welcome my sweet one." Safrin replies with a  warm smile. Raising a brow, the goddess gives Maeve an amused look. "Don't be coy. If you truly didn't want to take up more of my time you wouldn't have even mentioned it. But it's clearly important enough that you have, so go on." With an encouraging nod and a slightly mischievous smile, the goddess nods that Maeve might ask her question.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Heat suffuses her cheeks at being caught, but Safrin doesn't seem angry and that's the most that she could hope for. She takes a breath, smoothing a hand over her growing bump, moving to sit on the edge of the steps to give her feet a chance to rest. They're starting to grow achy more and more recently from all the hours on her feet. She places the whip beside her, hands folding in her lap as she considers where to begin, "I'm worried about the war. Not that that is anything new. It's coming and there is nothing to be done for stopping it. Torchline will be prepared by whatever means necessary." Maeve begins, dark brows knitting together as she feels that tell tale fluttering from a kick at her ribs. That's the crux of it all, isn't it? Where her worry truly comes from. Her baby.

"I'm going to be a mother soon and I wouldn't change that for anything, but I want my baby to be safe. I want to ensure that." And she knows that Safrin likely understands this feeling too. She's a mother after all. To two wonderful girls that Maeve utterly adores. One of which is her best friend and she knows that Safrin would do anything to keep them safe, but Safrin is a goddess and she is not. "And this is likely far too bold of me to ask and I understand if there isn't anything to be done for it, but... Is there anything you can do to ensure that? I would give you anything, Safrin. My heart, my soul, anything you wished if it meant that they were safe in the upcoming conflict." She knows that her words hold a lot of weight. That such promises and claims were dangerous, but what kind of mother would she be if she didn't at least try?

Change author:
Safrin

Safrin nods at this. Worry, war...it's all par for the course these days. She hopes that Maeve has something more novel on her mind, which, it turns out she does.

"I understand." And, for all the reasons Maeve knew she would, Safrin absolutely did. "Such is not an easy task of course, so I will not ask you to do it alone. Any may assist you in this, as it is for the benefit of the innocent.

I require dreamdust and devils klaw, water from Frey's Breath and soil from Ludo's woods—the soil must be from deep within the earth, where one would bury a body. I require bits of a healer, illusionist, protector, defender, and murderer."

Maeve has been given a quest! With help, she needs to bring to Safrin:
`
1. Dreamdust
2. Devils Klaw
3. Water from Frey's Breath
4. Soil from Ludo's woods
5. Body parts (nails, hair, etc etc) from a healer, an illusionist, a protector, a defender, and a murderer.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Safrin once more offers her a chance to complete a task that's nothing but a benefit to herself and perhaps others too. The relief she feels is palpable and while the quest will not be an easy one, the Nightshade does not let this intimidate her, only thinking of the reward that will be waiting at the end of it all. A guarantee that her child is safe. It's truly all that matters.

Maeve nods, straightening once more as she rises to her feet, "Thank you, Safrin. I will get this done as well what is left of the fountain. We are growing closer by the day." She murmurs, smiling up at the goddess, resisting the urge to reach for her as she knows better than to do so without invitation. With her whip in hand and her new task given, Maeve steps away from the shrine with a final bow of her head, "I won't disappoint you."

With that, she leaves, a new determination blossoming in her chest as she sets off for home. She has some letters to write.

~FIN <3~