safeguards
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Isla doesn't come to this shrine often. Tonight she has brought a string of bells to loop around the branches of the obsidian-centred tree, so that they'll tinkle and sing when the wind blows through them. Her offerings may be humble, but they are no less earnest; what does one bring a goddess who already has everything, after all? (Apart from victory in the war, but they are working on that).

"Time is passing so quickly, Goddess," she murmurs. "I worry that we will blink and the fight will be on us." It's sad but true, and she steps back to gaze up at the tree. "I have done what you asked of me." Reaching into the pack she brought with her, Isla draws out the fruits of her labour: leather made from the skin of a bear; a delicate shell from a hatchling, a seashell without any imperfection, and an amulet set with a diamond.

Quest turn-in for more than I was where Isla cashed in her Level 8 reward, "receive a quest with a New God for a large bio-upgrade".

1. The strongest substance she can think to get her hands on
strength is in the eye of the beholder - Finding a diamond amulet in the ruins with Sunjata

2. The shell of something newly hatched
breaking up is never easy to do - Collecting the shell from a newly hatched chick in a bird's nest with Amun

3. A seashell with no imperfection
spare the sympathy - Found a flawless seashell with Amun

4. Leather made from the skin of a predator
the skin of a predator - Had bearskin made into leather with Sunjata

Isla also still has her level 10 reward "80% bio-upgrade" (just in case it does become relevant in the thread).
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
Electricity awakens Isla's bells, causing them to tinkle gently as a blue-bright current passes through. Appearing atop her shrine, the Voice sits with her legs dangling loosely and her hands folded in her lap. "Time seems to do that the closer and closer we come to something very important." She agrees with a dip of her head.

Extending her fingers to accept the things brought to her, atoms and molecules spin and realign themselves such that the random assortment of things becomes a white-hot vortex that shimmers not unlike the eggshell and diamond. "Come closer, Isla Lockwood." Normally the Voice would go about her work in visual silence; rarely were her children interested in the way their upgrades were implemented. Isla of course was the exception to this, and so it would be with the Remedy's mind fully aware of how and what she was doing that the Voice altered Isla's working code.

Isla has received the following upgrade

Bioshield (Upgraded) | When activated this upgrade covers 80% of the user in a diamond-like lightweight coating and will remain in place until it has been struck. Defends against both magical/elemental and physical attacks. Once depleted, requires a two-post cooldown.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Isla closes her eyes and smiles as she hears the bells start to chime and senses the static on the air. When they open again, it's to see the Voice perched atop her shrine and the items she's brought whirling all around, brighter and faster until they are barely discernible at all. Nodding without actually hearing the answer, naturally it's the order to come closer that Isla responds to most.

She inhales sharply as she feels and observes the upgrade take root, her internal mechanisms altering and evolving to accept it. It all happens in a blink, but it feels as if it might have taken years in the Remedy's mind; years to look and watch and discover, years to learn and enjoy it all. "Thank you," she breathes when it's all done and over. "At least when the time comes, perhaps I will be more prepared..."

~FIN
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard