[se] opportunities to be gentle
For Zavien
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
The Caretaker tilted her head, trying to fathom a ‘long-haired phase’ on Zavien, and at his motions managed to laugh a little, before the twins sought attention. Since it wasn’t on her or Mittens (to which the snowball scowled; increasingly mercurial as the moments went on), her focus meandered upon what they were saying, and everything else layered between.

She was very careful not to frown at the insinuations contorted through the girls’ speeches. It wasn’t their fault, and she had very little information save for this one specific incident. But it was difficult to hear nonetheless, and she could understand why the Dragoon had gone out of his way to snag gifts for them. “I believe I saw some over there,” she gave between the conspiratorial presumptions, her eyes following the candy stall corridors, beginning to follow along with a swift march too, a small smile on her face, the gentle tones persisting. “What are your favorites?”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 425
Just smile and be happy.
Zavien was glad to see Lena go along with his plan and apparently the kids were overjoyed as well. In fact, she had just become their new favorite person. Aiden jumped by her side, his hand gripping her clothes and his voice echoing through the Plaza, "My favorite are sour gummies! I really like the red ones!" With her brother occupied, Ava stared in fascination at Mittens, her eyes large with wonder. "What are you?" She reached out a small hand, full of stubby fingers and dirt. Zavien was able to grab her hand right before she snagged the poor soul by propping the basket on one shoulder. With a gentle hold on her tiny palm and the other on the stuffed animals, he gave her a large kind smile. "Be nice to Mittens. I don't think he likes to be touched." Ava looked up at him in disappointment, pouting her lip. In a hurt voice, she asked, "Well, does he like candy?" He chuckled lightly, looking to Lena with amusement glittering in his green eyes. "I guess you would have to ask Ms. Lena."

When he stepped up to one of the candy stalls, he gave the saleswoman an acknowledging nod before addressing the entourage, "Okay, crew. Everyone gets to pick one." The twins were already ogling the abundance of sweet options, contemplating their tough decision. Making eye contact with Lena, he added, "That includes you." Zavien then turned back to the kids, watching as they vied for Lena's attention, asking her about what her favorite candy is and where she found Mittens.
Zavien
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
With the sudden attention swinging her way, she gave another genuine, welcoming smile, letting whatever apprehensions had been still gripping to drift away. Those would be for future days. While Aiden seemed content on snagging at the dress’s fabric at her hip, Ava seemed to ponder over Mittens, which wasn’t the grandest of ideas. Zavien fielded that one, for which Lena was grateful, and the companion obliged by hovering over her head and sticking its tongue out at the children. “Sour gummies are very delicious, but I think I like the gummy sharks more,” she winked, trying to hold attention in the steady streamline of conversation. “Mittens is my companion. An abominable snowball. And we can see.” She figured the bonded might just absorb anything and everything anyway, just to be spiteful.

They finally made their way towards the stall, and her eyes roamed too. Laughing at the exchange, she bowed her head as she inspected the wares with the rest of them. “Thank you.” She pointed at other distinct options, perhaps compelled as well. “Oooh, they have new shapes,” towards the aforementioned gummies – now molded into frost foxes and cloud wyrms.
that kept so many warm
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Just smile and be happy.
Lena's attention on the children had them bouncing up and down in excitement. They were pointing at different choices, particularly the gummies. Aiden immediately gravitated towards the sour options, picking the red molten tigers. Ava, still captivated by Mittens, looked between the abominable snowball and the treats, trying to decide which one she thought might intrigue the creature. She swung her head back and forth in analysis before finally settling on a bundle of mint chocolates. "If Mittens is made of snow, they must like mint, right?!" Zavien could see the train of logic, but he still laughed at the childish simplicity of it.

Confirming the choices of the two kids, Zavien pointed to the pile of chocolate peanut butter pieces. "I'll take the sour molten tigers, mint chocolates, those, and whatever the lady would like." The vendor nodded and began packaging up the goodies, tying festive ribbons around the bags with extreme care. She handed them to him with a kind smile on her face and turned to the next customer.

He gathered the treats and led the group towards a bench facing the Plaza. "Now, sit nicely if you want your candies." The twins dutifully sat with their hands clasped together and their mouths tightly shut. Zavien glanced at Lena with a smile and set down the basket. "I was going to wait until later to give these to you, but since you're already here..." He pointed to the stuffed animals. "You each get one. A gift."

Their eyes lit up and they looked at each other, trying to confirm that it was really happening. When they decided that it was, the squealing commenced and they jumped up to sift through the toys, yapping at each other in glee. Satisfied with himself, Zavien took a seat, content to watch the children rummage through the basket, munching on their snacks. Ava even took a moment to offer one of the mint chocolates to Mittens. Zavien looked to Lena and indicated to the seat next to him. "Would you like to take a seat, my lady?" After the onslaught of noise from the twins, he wouldn't be surprised if she wanted some peace and quiet. He knew he did, although he would never get tired of their happy faces.
Zavien
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Maybe,” Lena obliged with another warm smile, figuring it was worth a shot if the children were willing to part ways with a piece or two. Whether their candy adventure with Mittens would be successful or not was entirely up in the air, and the companion’s features had altered from raspberry blowing to some intrigue.

At the reminder of picking and perusing, the Caretaker nodded and obliged, snagging at a bag of gummy frost foxes. “Thank you,” she extended again to Zavien, following along after they’d made purchases and gathered around the bench. She stood aside while the youths delicately, as if this had happened quite a few times, ensured they were on their best behaviors; and not only did the sugary rush unfurl, but the stuffed animals as well. She watched and shook her head indulgently at the squeals started, shuffling Mittens closer to her as it became irritated with the noise (not self-aware).

And then when Ava made a peace offering, the snowball practically siphoned it into its throat.

Waiting for something else to happen, like approval or grouchiness, the companion sniffed and maneuvered away. “You tried,” she added, sighing, taking the offered seat beside Zavien, and placing her basket of wares and gifts by her feet while the twins were absorbed and frolicking. “Do you do this often for them?”
that kept so many warm
Zavien Alexander

Change author:
Just smile and be happy.
Ava promptly gave a high-pitched giggle of excitement when her mint chocolate treat vanished into the snowball. She found a stuffed frost fox and alternated between pretending to feed it one, eating a piece herself, and offering another to Mittens. It was her own personal tea party as she blabbed on about how yummy they tasted. Aiden just twisted his face into a grimace with each bite of his sour molten tigers, making growling sounds from the matching stuffed animal he'd picked. Zavien crossed his legs, watching the chaos unfold with pride. He'd found that it was best to just let them do their thing.

When Lena took a seat next to him, he gave her an embarrassed smile. "Not as often as I'd like," he answered. Zavien looked back to the twins' antics fondly. "They deserve more, but I try to help when I can. They need to know that not all adults are like their dad." There was the assumption that she understood the gist of what they were going through, so he didn't feel the need to explain. It also wasn't his place. They were good children who shouldn't be defined by their father. Instead, Zavien just leaned back to enjoy their happiness.

Smiling at her again, he pointed to the basket at her feet. "So, who are the flowers for?" It wasn't an attempt to pry, but a simple curiosity about the woman. Other than her dreams as a child and her admirable ability to build a dam, he didn't know much about her.
Zavien
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Mittens, ever the gluttonous and mercurial beast, waited patiently on each interim Ava offered it a piece – absorbing it whole, not unlike a whale shark. Lena spent her time trying not to laugh at the bizarre little scene, which included Aiden’s face twisting and puckering – politely hiding her grin behind her hand or looking away at her bundle of gifts. The statement thereafter though wiped away the smile, and she couldn’t help but look at them in a neutral stance, pondering over circumstances, and how many other children shared the same fate – through no fault of their own. “At least they have someone there for them. You can tell them to come to the Celestine when they want – they can help me feed and water the animals.” She wouldn’t mind some extra help.

She didn’t expect the question, but the small smile returned just the same; less constricted. “Some of my friends, Anju, Koa, Harper, and the like. I thought it’d be nice to have something calming and relaxing.” Given everything they’d all been going through, but especially those involved in Stormbreak.
that kept so many warm
Zavien Alexander

Change author:
Just smile and be happy.
The twins proceeded to block out the world and its troubles, enamored in their own imaginary realities. Zavien secretly prayed that they would always keep their ability to live in the moment, not letting worries ruin their fun. His tranquil smile softened the lines of his face as he watched them. Sometimes he wished he had their childish outlook on life. Instead, he was stuck with Void infestations, reconnaissance, and utter chaos. He would do his best to protect their innocence for as long as possible.

For now, he brushed his worries aside and looked to his pleasant companion with a smile. "I will definitely bring them by some time. Would it be okay if I extended the offer to the other kids in the neighborhood?" He had no doubt that they would love a distraction, especially if it involved animals. Although, it would probably be more insanity than peace. At least it would be entertaining.

Recognizing Koa as another member of the Feverland EcoWarriors, he gave Lena a bright smile. "That's very considerate of you. I'm sure they'll be grateful." The stress of current events was putting everyone on edge and he knew even the smallest gesture would help immensely. With a stupid, knowing grin, Zavien said, "I know the fluffy purple swords had a more potent effect than I was expecting. Who knew flowers could be so powerful?"
Zavien
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Maybe for the twins this was a moment of peace in a world made primarily out of havoc and chaos. Lena could be grateful her upbringing was not in such brutal factions; education, manners, and religion had been first and foremost, but she and Sera had never faced such adversity like these children.

Zavien’s offer had her laughing, but also setting some boundaries amidst the Celestine and her extended provisions. “Please, not all at once. I think it would take away from some of the animals trying to heal. Two at a time would be ideal.” Then she could teach, supervise, lead, and nurture all at once, without struggling to combat chaos and things becoming steadily worse. Entertainment and bedlam didn’t have their place with ornery and struggling wildlife.

As for the potent flora, she smiled again. “There are a lot of herbs out there that can provide more than just beauty.” Shrugging, she finally reached for the provided provisions of gummies, opening the pack and opting to choose a lemon one.
that kept so many warm