Earning your stripes
Quest turn in for Nature Frey!
Alex Moore

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Alex

Alex enters the thread with a hint of nervousness. Walking up to the altar she places her offerings of peaches, whisky, and a nice knife she traded for. Beside them she lays the teeth and coat, smiling softly to herself as she steps back. Now that's a pretty altar if she does say so herself. Everything in place she begins to pray.

"Hello Frey, I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry for the massive delay. I think I forgot how difficult it can be for a pirate to get around on land." She rolls her shoulders slightly to ease the creeping tension as well as the shame that her delay brings, "We're not the most... liked... of people to say the least." Letting out a huff of air to force the annoyance such thoughts bring her, Alex continues. "But I got it done. And I've brought everything as promised."

~

Alex is turning in her quest! She brought peaches, whisky, and a knife as offerings.

Alex's Quest received from Frey: Declaration

1. Complete a thread hunting and collecting the pelt and teeth of a predator. 2. Complete a thread rubbing the ashes of a bonfire onto the pelt. 3. Complete a thread having the pelt fashioned into a garment (coat/cloak/etc.) of Alex's choosing. 4. Complete a thread bathing the predator's teeth over an open flame. Return to Frey's shrine with both the garment and teeth to complete the quest!
The ocean bows to none
But it'll dance with the moon

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Frey
Alex's pretty little altar begins to stir before there's any indication of Frey's presence. The teeth and the coat rise up, snapping and crackling as if they themselves are part of the flames. It's while they're creating this display that the deity appears, golden and languid, sinking their teeth into a ripe peach and chasing it down with a sip of whiskey.

Eventually there's a pop! and a flash of fiery light, and the completed coat drifts down to rest before Alex. "There you go, honeysuckle. Don't get into too many fights, now."

Alex has completed her quest and receives the following:

Captain's Coat | A black, Victorian-style coat with a collar, lined with black satin and embellished with pointed teeth. When the sun hits the coat, the vague patterns of a tiger's stripes can be seen. The coat can reflect basic fire damage away from the wearer, and can be used again after a two post cool-off period.
Alex Moore

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Alex

Alex perks up as Frey arrives and seems to enjoy the offerings. The deity doesn't seem irritated about the delay and it's a weight off of the pirate's shoulders. The nickname is unexpected, mostly for what it is. She wonders what about her reminds Frey of honeysuckle. The pirate doubts it's her demeanor.

Regardless as Frey arrives, Alex smiles, "Thank you Frey." She takes the offered coat with wide eyes. It's gorgeous, even more so than she ever expected. The tailor had done a fine job, but now that the deity has touched it, it's gorgeous. She slides the coat on and it's a perfect fit. Letting out a content sigh, she grins at Frey. "It's perfect. Thank you so much for your help."

With a final nod of respect, teh pirate skips out of the shrine, eager to show off her new coat to her crew.

~{FIN}
The ocean bows to none
But it'll dance with the moon