God Quest Fragile (Handle with Care)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Tal returned to Ludo's shrine in Torchline a little older, a little stronger, perhaps a little wiser and definitely with more bruises to show for his quests. But he was humming happily to himself as he scrubbed the sea salt off the statue and polished it up before laying his offerings and his items down.

The bag of chocolate cookies with a layer of sweet cream sandwiched between them was placed by the statue's hand along with a stuffed ursur plush that was a long way from home. Tal patted it fondly one last time before turning to the items for his quest.

Each piece was laid down and fussed over until it was precisely lined up with the rest: a chip from the shield he had held Deimos off with; a large chunk of rock knocked off an angry mama Fyrhund; the skull of a giant snapping turtle that had once been home to a Penolaeth (it seemed happier in its new ursur skull home); and some of the snow moss he'd wrestled Bart for (Boreal had won).

Boreal was happily hunting crabs on the beach while her bonded cleared his throat and reached out to pat the statue tentatively where the bronze gleamed most brightly. "Hi - I mean, hello, Ludo. It's me, Tal. Um. Talyson Seawright. I brought you the stuff you asked for an' I worked on my defence with Deimos, too. Oh, an' I have cookies!"

Don't Shoot the Messenger
1. Complete a training thread focusing on defence {Training} Building Blocks
2. Complete a thread encountering a Fyrhund and obtaining some of its rock-like armour plating Nothing to Fyr
3. Complete a thread obtaining a skull from a Penolaeth Shell Game
4. Complete a thread collecting snow moss No Rolling Stones
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
The cookies don't last for long. They might have been placed by the statue's hand, but a raggedy tendril snaps out soon after and yeets it into the herald's void. "TALYTHON THEAWRIGHT," Ludo announces, seeming very pleased with the offering and blinking at the carefully places items as if trying to remember what they are for. (Story of my life, Ludo).

"Ah, yeth!" It drapes itself around the polished statue, and already the skull, rock, moss and shield chip are rising up and around Tal, circling ominously. "Let'th protect you, shall we?"

Faster and faster they spin, and it does seem pretty dangerous actually, especially as they suddenly hurtle right into Talyson and OH GOD OH SHIT--

With a satisfying pop! on collision, the items will simply seem to melt and change and warp until, well, papa's got a brand new vest.

An armoured vest, to be precise. Shimmering in flecks of ebony and ivory (not unlike the Fyrhund rock armour and bone) and lined with cool, yet comfortable material (snow moss, anyone?), it should do the trick nicely.

Talyson has completed his quest and has received the following!

Rockhide Vest | An armoured vest flecked in black and white and lined with cool, fur-like material. This item blocks physical damage at Talyson's Basic level. Requires a 2 post cool-down between uses.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
The cookies disappearing were a good sign!

...The lisped pronunciation of his name was... maybe a good one? But heat still crept up Tal's neck and ears as something in his stomach dropped away. He was never going to live that first meeting down, but... there were worse ways to be remembered by a god?

The lisping continued and Tal's embarrassed flush deepened but Ludo soon found a way to distract him from his discomfort. Stomach-churning fear, as it turned out, was remarkably effective! The courier absolutely flinched and brought his arms up to protect his face as the items hurled at him - conveniently baring his torso for the vest to wrap around, as comfortable as a second skin.

Arms sloooowly came down as he realized what had happened and he grinned in relief and elation at the exceedingly dapper armor. "Hey! It fits!" He twisted to try and get a look at his back, admiring the new vest and patting its armored surface in amazement. "Thanks, Ludo! You ever need snacks delivered to one of your shrines, just let me know!" He wriggled a little, checking the flexibility before flashing an unexpectedly shy smile up at the god. "What's your favorite kind?" He was making some special offerings this season before the War, and it didn't hurt to make sure he was bringing the right stuff.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
"Well of courth it fitth. It'th made for you thpethifically," Ludo says, all helpful like, and two raggedy tendrils come together to clap, like little hands. The offer of snacks has said tentrils coming up to cover the mask's 'mouth' (surprised Pikachu face), and Ludo bobs its head in approval.

"I like cats," it tells Tal confidently. As snacks? In general? Who genuinely knows? Not Tal, that's who, because in the next moment, the herald (and the cookies) promptly disappear.

~FIN