A Bloody Conclusion
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

It's taken longer than Edmund anticipated but his quest is complete. The weeks spent trying to acquire unicorn blood while dodging fanatics trying to kill him had certainly been an unexpected delay. He hopes Mother will understand and not be too displeased with him.

Entering the Cathedral, he walks up to the offering cube. Opening up his bag, he takes out a vial of blood acquired in Blood-soaked Innocence. Inside holds the blood of the very men who tried to end him and fail his quest. Pouring the blood in, he then takes out a knife and cuts his palm, letting his own blood drip into the basin. Afterward, Edmund wraps his hand in a bandage and begins to speak, bowing his head to the cube.

"Hello, Mother. I hope you're well. I apologize for the delay, but I have completed my quest. Those who tried to stop me and caused the delay have paid the price with their blood. I hope you find that to be a suitable punishment for their actions." Being hunted and forced to fight for his life had been deeply traumatic. Yet it only seemed right that Mother receive their blood as penance.

~
Edmund has completed his quest!

Received: Bloodbath

1. Complete a thread with a fellow Ancient deciding on a suitable location for the bloodbath.

2. Collect a sample of bark and blood from the Hanging Tree in the Feverlands.
  • Blood and Bark and howling Ghosts  Note: DO NOT read past post #5. This is where the quest criteria is completed. (This is the thread where a certain incident happened.)
3. Encounter a River Star and collect the bones & debris from its last meal. 4. Kill and collect the blood from a unicorn (and eat it afterwards, if you want?) 5. Complete a PQ+ to construct the bloodbath and complete the quest. Let us know in your admin chat when you've posted the PQ+ and everyone has arrived in it!

Edmund

Reborn In Fire

Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Dygra
Within the obsidian offering bowl, the blood ripples and undulates. Perhaps the air seems heavier, hotter, thicker, wrapping itself around Edmund like a cloak. As Dygra speaks - low and sensual as ever - the blood leaps and bounces in rhythm with her tone and her words.

"As long as you enjoyed yourself," she purrs, clearly having no qualms with the ideas of justice and punishment. The removal of lives and the spilling of blood is all the same to her. "I can see you have been hard at work in Frey's Breath. Congratulations, little dark one. The Climb has not seen so many new constructions in centuries."

And although Edmund cannot see it, something within him will shift and tug as the constructed bath within the hotsprings fills to the brim with hot, bubbling crimson. "Do indulge yourself," Dygra invites.

Edmund has completed his quest to create a bloodbath in Frey's Breath! The board's description will be altered to reflect this, and any Ancients who have been petrified may be bathed in the blood to emerge from stasis!
Table coding by Sky <3
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

Edmund finds himself standing straighter as the blood begins to move and the air wraps around him. Not out of unease, but out of a burst of confidence. Maybe one day he'll know why just being near Mother fills him with strength, but not today. She begins to speak, and the young Ancient considers her words. He did enjoy himself. The quest was a fun and challenging undertaking. Yes, part of it had been terrifying but overall, he doesn't regret it. "I did, Mother."

Mother's praise fills him with warmth and Edmund's tail curls happily, "Thank you." He shudders slightly at the odd tugging sensation, turning his head in the general direction of the bath. Turning back to Mother the young Ancient nods sharply, "I will." With a final bow of the head to the bowl and a curl of the lip he adds, "Thank you, Mother. I hope to see you soon."

When given permission to leave, the young Ancient turns and exits the shrine. Meeting up with Splat at the entrance, Edmund heads straight for the bath. Indulge himself, he will. It's about time he relaxes and celebrates the successful completion of his quest.

-{FIN}

Edmund

Reborn In Fire