God Quest this little light of mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Typically Maeve doesn’t come empty handed when she makes her way to Safrin’s shrine. This time she’s carrying even more than her previous visits. Aidon aids her by toting the basket filled with the various items she collected over the past season as requested by Safrin while Maeve worries herself with her squirming toddler and the offering. As she begins to arrange the space, keeping Edmund perched on her hip, she speaks. ”This is the shrine we use to pray to Safrin. It is a sacred space. I like it for how close to the stars it feels, but I hear her other shrines are just as lovely. We’ll have to visit them.” She murmurs as she lights the candles, arranging them just so around her offering, something that Edmund ‘helped’ with. A collection of shells delicately formed into a crown of sorts, fixed with pearls and glittering stones from the Rainbow Road, all picked out by the babe and fashioned by Maeve.

”Safrin doesn’t ask for gifts, but it’s only right to give back to her as she does so much for us.” Edmund babbles in response, squirming in her grasp and attempting to reach for the crown, but Maeve catches his hand and presses a kiss to it instead. ”Mumma.” He coos, giving her a gummy smile as he presses closer to her, dropping his head against her shoulder. She smoothes dark curls away from his forehead, shifting to hold him in her lap as she spreads the items out before the offering, clearing her throat, ”Safrin, I’ve gathered all you’ve asked of me. It took a bit longer than I intended, but I had to take care of this little one. I hope it’s alright that he’s here. I wanted you to meet him.”

Maeve is turning in her quest!

1. Dreamdust ― dream a little dream of me
2. Devils Klaw ― Helpful Devil
3. Water from Frey's Breath ― it's lovely by the water
4. Soil from Ludo's woods ― Maeve
5. Body parts (nails, hair, etc etc) from:
A healer ― Checking in (Hair from Ray)
An illusionist ― tanglewood (Feather from Remi)
A protector ― A new look (Hair from Maeve)
A defender ― Remi and Ronin (Hair from Ronin)
A murderer ― highlight of my lowlife (Hair from Locke)
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"More than alright." Safrin beams, appearing first as a twinkle of starlight that quickly coalesced into her familiar form. "May I?" Fully corporeal now, the goddess gives Maeve a questioning look before turning to Edmund with her hands outstretched. In this, if nothing else, the decision is purely Maeve's to make.

"I have given your request a lot of thought, Maeve." Safrin says, her face growing more serious in light of what it is that has brought the Nightshade to her. "This war...it should not be for the likes of them. Of those too young to run away, who cannot hide on their own." Lips twitching gently, the goddess stills. "So it is that I will extend the kindness and care you came to me with, for all children." Edmund might have been the reason, but Safrin would not see Maeve's idea simply stop with him.

"All children shall be under my protection, where the war is concerned."

Because of Maeve, Safrin has granted all children (under the age of 16) the following ability:

Where the effects of war pose mortal danger, all children shall be bound in starlight and removed from danger. They will be transported to the closest shrine dedicated to Safrin and kept in her protective light until the danger has passed.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Edmund's eyes go wide at the glittering starlight that coalesces and cascades into the shrine, forming the herald in all her glory, a hand extending for the twinkling light. Maeve's smile grows at Safrin's words, a warmth spreading through her chest at the sight of her herald and she's quick to nod, shifting Edmund in her arms so he might slip into hers. "Of course." He hesitates only for a moment before latching onto Safrin. His fingers curl into her dress and he offers a smile, babbling softly in greeting, his free hand lifting to press against her cheek gently.

She's not expecting the sudden tears to spring to her eyes, but they come all the same. Maeve let's out a breath, "Thank you, Safrin. Not just on behalf of my son, but everyone. To know that they'll be safe no matter what brings me more peace than I can express." She murmurs, watching as Edmund fiddles with the fabric of Safrin's dress and carefully runs his fingertips over her features like he's often done to Maeve in the quiet moments they have together.

"With this done I feel I can focus on continuing to grow my strength so I might protect Torchline in the times to come. I've been practicing with the weapon you've gifted me. It's come in handy many times already." Maeve wants her to know that the gift was not in vain. That it's been used to complete this quest and others. That it will continue to be used in her name. "Now I just need to figure out how to be faster and not so grounded." The Nightshade utters with a quiet laugh which Edmund quickly chimes in with his own burst of giggles to match.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
Whispering sweet nothings against one of Edmund's chubby cheeks, the goddess allows the boy his tactile investigations of her hair and her dress without a second thought. She has been a mother hundreds of times over of course, but always does she miss this stage of sweet innocence and exuberant curiosity.

'I am pleased to hear it.' Safrin muses as she covers Edmund in butterfly kisses. "Speed will come with time. Once you make the weapon an extension of yourself." She adds. "Probably once this little one is not making himself your primary extension." Chuckling, she presses her lips to his forehead before reluctantly offering him back to his mother's waiting arms.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Edmund delights in the attention rained upon him by Safrin. He giggles and babbles, holding onto her and taking the kisses she covers him with, hugging himself close to the goddess. Little does Maeve know how quickly that innocence will be pulled away. Nor does she know the prejudice that awaits him once his Abandoned status is figured out.

"It's more of my physical speed. At times I feel too slow on the ground, but have some thoughts for how to fix that." Not with shifts the way others have, but wings would be a plus. If she's earned them and she's not sure she has. "I will say he's been a test for my reflexes. He's already beginning to toddle about." Maeve laughs, taking Edmund back from Safrin though the babe protests softly, holding onto the goddess as long as he can manage.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Change author:
Safrin
"You're being needlessly coy." The goddess says in a bright voice, meant mostly to keep Edmund entertained as she hands the baby back to Maeve. Raising a brow, she folds her arms softly across her chest once the boy is back with his mother. "I don't need to read your thoughts to know that you're trying to lead this conversation, so why not be upfront about it?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

As always, Safrin gets right to the point and Maeve is reminded that to play this game is to waste her goddess's time. Something she doesn't wish to do. The Nightshade clears her throat, taking Edmund from her and cradling him close, "I apologize, Safrin. I suppose I still haven't grown use to simply being able to say what I want without a bit of a dance first." She admits honestly, sincerity clear in her voice as a hand comes up to run up and down Edmund's back.

"You've provided me with a weapon for which I am grateful, but I've found my mobility leaves something to be desired. I'm hoping to do something to amend that while also providing myself with some protection at the same time. Would that be possible?" Maeve finally finishes, daring to meet her gaze.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Change author:
Safrin
Safrin nods. She is not infallibly patient, but for now at least her irritation is only a minor itch. "Was there something specific you had in mind?" She wonders, head inclined softly to the side. Speed and defence might go hand in hand, but certainly not in a way which would allow Maeve to also use the whip she had asked for.

But then, the Nightshade had a clever mind. Perhaps there was something Safrin was overlooking that could easily remedy the situation Maeve believed she had found herself in.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was easy to see how one might consider speed a limitation to the use of her whip, but the Nightshade knew better. Her whip wasn't just a weapon, but a tool. She'd used it to swing from branches, to bind things she's fought against, and send them to their knees in bouts of fire and flame. However, should she have the ability to be off the ground her options would be endless. Flight and speed go hand in hand. A piece of armor that gave her wings? That was an idea she's been turning over for some time now.

"Wings. I don't want to Attune. Not because having myself bound to you is something I'd turn down, but because I don't think it the most fitting for myself currently. However, if I could get off the ground that would give me even more of a chance." She begins, adjusting Edmund in her arms as he lays his head on her shoulder, letting out a heavy breath that signals he'd soon be falling asleep. "Not just at staying out of reach, but more angles to strike from and the ability to get across a distance to aid if necessary."
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Change author:
Safrin
Ah, it was as she thought then. Shaking her head once the Nightshade had finished, Safrin offers her a nearly apologetic smile as the corners of her lips twitch down. "What you describe...it would take attuning." The goddess explains. "If ever that is something you want, you need only ask...until then, the skies will never be as you want them. I could make you float, or fall slowly, but.." Shrugging softly, she can feel from the Queen that is not what she wants.

'Speed though...That is something we can work toward. First, have a footrace on the beach. Catch a hel, a sear cat, and finally, convince an encantado to let you ride it down the coast. Return to me after, and we shall see how much your speed has improved.."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The Nightshade dips her head in understanding. The faintest flash of disappointment playing on pretty features for but a moment. "I understand. Perhaps that will be something to consider in the future." Or should she earn something more from her herald. Not that she's sure Safrin would desire her as a demigoddess, but Maeve knows she wouldn't turn it down should it arise, but that isn't what this is for. Not now. Perhaps not ever. She lofts her head, smiling softly as Safrin lays out her quest, nodding at the tasks given to her.

"Thank you, Safrin. Your patience and grace mean the world to me. I'm forever grateful." And she is. She always is. Maeve adjust Edmund in her arms, pressing a kiss to his temple, "I'll get started as soon as I can." Which, knowing the Nightshade, would be much sooner rather than later. She knew better than to keep her waiting.

~FIN <3~
These violent delights
Have violent ends