reach out and touch them
for Safrin <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It only took a couple of seasons for her to organize the completion of their quest and Maeve is grateful for that. Safrin wasn't pleased with her the last time she came to visit and the Nightshade wasn't going to risk disappointing her again. She climbs the stairs of the lighthouse, the basket of jarred stars on one arm and the offering for the goddess in the crook of her arm.

Placing the basket down, the Nightshade takes a moment to rearrange the candles, lighting a few of her own. "Safrin, we've finished the construction on the Stargate. Everyone worked really hard. Even the kids were excited to help." She laughs softly as she recalls Edmund's own eagerness to complete the task for Safrin. The Nightshade places an intricate glass bottle with a stopper, a decanter of absinth for them to celebrate with, and two crystal glasses on either side.  

Maeve is turning in the RQ for Torchline!

TL Regional Quest gotten in salvation in the heavens

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 14 active Torchers. This means 7 unique characters have to participate. Characters can participate more than once. Maeve must participate in at least 2 threads , Ray, Jack, and Harper must participate in at least 1.

1. 3 threads of Torchers 'catching stars' in different naturally occurring pools of water. Stars can be 'caught', by scooping up the reflection of starlight.
- Maeve and Edmund - {RQ} Waves of Starlight
- Melita and Jack - {RQ} open skies
- Paige and Flora - {RQ} a pocketful of starlight

2. A ME deciding how best to trigger the constellation and how, if at all, it can be stopped. Also, should the constellation be more offensive or defensive in nature? This ME must include at least 1 Mer.
- {Mini Event} pathway to the stars - All council members participated here

3. A PQ of 4 Torchers creating a Star Gate. This can be made out of any material. Choose your location carefully.
Maeve, Ray, Hadama, and Melita
- {PQ} {RQ} we could touch the stars

4. A thread of at least 3 Torchers leaving offerings for Safrin at the Aumakua by starlight. (This should be done at the lighthouse board and not the shrine itself. (Mers can participate in this from the water)).
Maeve, Hadama, and Flora
- {RQ} there will be darkness again
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
With a smile on her lips and the lights of the cosmos in her eyes, Safin appears out of the stillness. "Hello Maeve." She greets in a warm, honeyed voice, full of approval and affirmation. "Tell me," Safrin begins as she folds her hands into her lap and offers the queen her full attention. "Where have you decided to place the star gate? What shall be its trigger?" All these things (as well as a few others) were meant to have been decided by Torchline at large. Though Safrin could have plucked the information directly from the queen's mind, she rather wanted to hear the words from Maeve's lips.

Who knows, perhaps Maeve would opt to go against the wishes of the people and make it so only she could call down her chosen constellation. Stranger things had happened.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

To hear the clear approval in Safrin's voice leaves Maeve feeling warm in the pit of her stomach, cheeks flushing as she smiles up at her goddess, "It's so good to see you again, Safrin." And on much better terms this time. Since their last discussion, the Nightshade has been sure to take everything she and Ronin have said to heart, unwilling to make the same mistake again.

"After talking to the people of Torchline, we decided that building the gate on the edge of Haulani was the best option. It's far enough from the city that there won't be any direct damage, but close enough for us to reach easily." The queen begins, sitting across from her as she lays out the details Safrin has asked for. "As for triggering it... It will require at least one member from the council if it is being activated by a citizen. So either myself, a council member, or the appointed seconds." This way there wouldn't be an issue if only one of them could get to the gate instead of two.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
Listening, Safrin nods. 'That is very wise.' She says of the placement of the gate before nodding an additional approval of how it would be activated. "Is there a mechanism desired to stop a constellation when called down...? If one of your council members decides to take out their anger on a stretch of beach, for instance?" Or something much worse. Again, one never knew.

"And is the constellation going to be more offensive in nature? Or defensive?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

While Maeve doubted that any member of her council would do so given who exactly made of the board, she knew it was something to consider. "Yes, it will need myself and one other to deactivate it. So if for some reason one of them tries something, it won't need the same person to stop the chaos that ensues." This would also keep them from stopping an attack against the Ascended should one of them decide to sympathize with their cause. Pausing, the Nightshade considers her next answer, "Otherwise, it will stop when its job is done or if it's killed if it isn't deactivated at the gate." She finishes with a nod.

"It'll be more defensive in nature. We want it to ward off any attack that may come our way and protect the city as a whole."
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Change author:
Safrin
'It could take up precious time, finding two council members, but...it is an additional safeguard.' Were the situation to go the opposite way, someone couldn't simply remove the protection of the constellation either.

'Very well.' With a nod, Safrin reaches for the jars of collected starlight. Unscrewing the lids, she pours the water out, but instead of falling to the ground, it seems to fall over something, creating a barrier in mid air. Sparkling with starlight, the water fades before disappearing entirely.

Torchline has completed their regional quest! TL now has the following property!

Fortis Patera Constellation | If activated by a member of the TL council, the star gate can target 1 60ft sphere anywhere within TL. Protects those within for 2 posts. Requires a 5 post cooldown between uses. Must be deactivated by two members of the council.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve watches in awe as Safrin pours out the stars, the barrier forming before her eyes before disappearing entirely. Only when it's completely gone does Maeve look up to Safrin once more, smiling gratefully at the goddess, "Thank you, Safrin." She breathes, reaching for the decanter finally and pouring them both a drink, passing the crystal glass to the goddess. "We couldn't have done this without you." And they truly couldn't have. Maeve would forever be appreciative of this.

"I don't want to keep you long, but I was hoping you could tell me what's keeping Torchline so cool? Is it cause for worry with monsoons coming?" She asks, dark brow arching as she raises the absinth up to her lips, taking a slow sip.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Change author:
Safrin
'Cheers.' Safrin says once the drinks are poured. Holding hers up for Maeve to touch, the goddess tilts her head to the side slightly as she considers.

"I am surprised you did not know. A shrine to the Eirachi has been built, here in Torchline. Deep within Rae's Fingers you will find it. It is the reason it has stayed so cold, because her reach is extended." Safrin takes another sip. "It is the same reason in King's End, too."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Clinking their glasses together, Maeve is struck by how normal it all is, but she doesn't linger on that long as Safrin explains just exactly why Torchline is still so cold. Her lips tug down into a slight frown, "I wasn't aware." She begins slowly, shaking her head as she sighs, "It seems rude to tear it down. I just worry about what it might do to Torchline if it doesn't warm up eventually." The queen muses, raising her glass to her lips once more.

"Should I be worried?" Maeve arches a brow, trusting Safrin to tell her if it was a major need for concern or if they would be fine despite the extended bout of cold.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Change author:
Safrin
Safrin gives the queen a silent look; but you should have known. Worst still that it was made by an ascended, but even Safrin doesn't have access to that information. "I'm not here to tell you what should and shouldn't worry you." The goddess remarks gently. "But if it stays cold it will affect Torchline's land, her plants and her animals. Many of your citizens come here to escape the cold, so they might be affected too. But if you destroy the shrine, you will almost certainly earn the Eirachi's anger though I am not sure what she could do without an influence here.".

Safrin shrugs, draining her glass. "It is up to you, what you do about it."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She should have known. It happened right under her nose. Maeve purses her lips, dipping her head in acknowledgement, "Of course. I always appreciate your guidance, Safrin." The queen murmurs, mind already turning over her options, knowing that they would have to do something about this soon otherwise Torchline was going to suffer and she couldn't allow that to happen. Finishing the last of her own drink, Maeve makes to stand, dipping her head to the goddess one more time. "I'll take care of it." She finally says, collecting her basket, "Thank you again. I'll see you again soon."

There was work to do done and quests to finish.

~FIN <3~
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade