QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP:

Criteria

The Quote of the Month

The Quote of the Month recognizes an IC quote that you find particularly remarkable, whether because it is hilarious, poignant, well-written, dark, sombre, sad, etc.

Nominations
Using your OOC account you may nominate any quote written in the current month. You may nominate yourself.

Please use the following format when submitting (a) nomination(s).
Code:
"Quote here"<br>
-- <I>Character name</i>, [thread=insert thread ID]

Nominations close and voting begins on the last 5 days of the season.

Rewards
If you win QoTM you may
  • Place the QoTM badge on your profile
  • Receive 20 MP
  • Receive +1 luck

Past Winners

• "They vanish all the time, but they always pop back up, like mildly terrifying daisies"
    -- Zero in Things that go bump in the night
  • "Pride and snark often went hand in hand, and some equines just refused to drink, no matter how sweet the water." // "Are these pugilistic pumpkins rooted in one spot, or do savage squashes more sort of, oh, roll after you and try to trip you up with extreme prejudice?"
    -- jigano in {OPEN} Sing for your supper
  • "He suspected it was the free souls of the Outlanders chafing against this cage the Naturals had all been born into."
    -- Rory in Just for now
  • "Again he stumbled his silver tongue no longer dancing over words with ease.

Perhaps its coating of blood weighed it down."
    -- Jigano in Last to Fall

• "There’s nothing else to do other than to go home. And somewhere, very far away, Aedion is glad to follow."
    -- Aedion dying in {KQ} The Limit

• "And so he took drastic measures and kicked the door down ran at the door with the intention of kicking it down, only to bounce off it like the Level 0 weakling he now was."

--Ronin in one and only

• "By the time he reaches her other cheek her hand is on the back of his neck, tangled loosely in the long dark hair, the other still on his chest. Her eyes have fluttered shut once more; she does not need to see the world.

Her world is right here."
    -- Amalia, {SE} sky full of song

• He wasn't even entirely sure why; on one hand he felt the indifference and beige happiness for a friend he was meant to, on the other he felt as if he were being mocked with something he could have had if only he had not been himself.

- Sam in The World is Passing By

• ""Tha's what I had to say. Arrest me or whatever if y'want. But I don' respect you, and you ain' my Queen.""
    "Sure, we can ask you permission, but why have we gotta? If I wanna get some neighbours over t'help me bring in the harvest, why should I have t'ask you first? You ain' my ma.""
    -- Emmett, {Mini Event} Greet Your Queen

• But only if you promise to help me down the steps. The last time I went down there by myself I tripped, fell, got a concussion and married you.
    -- Ronin in wonderland

• Ronin's heart is black as tar, His hands are full of blood. He'll steal sweet Aoife from her bed, And kill her in the Wood. The stars are gone from Safrin's eyes, Her heart is black as coal., Her nails are sharp as knives of ice To pluck out Aoife's soul.
    Re~mi, Re~mi, Playing in the snow. But Ronin's gone a-hunting, And Aoife's All Alone.
    Console dear Rory In his grave Another one You could not save. Bury your cock in ash and bone Let Ronin hear you As you moan.
    You love them, Remi, As do I. Let's love them to death, And watch them die.
    Rosy posy truth or lie? Planted just to watch it die. Bloodless now it stands forlorn. Tattered, fading, dying, torn.
    --Jigano in touch me and you'll never be alone

• His handwriting is shaky as he spells out C-L-E-M, but he grins proudly at the little signature, this piece of himself he has left behind. A sign that he was here, that people will look at and remember him by. Something that will last for a long time. He kinda likes the idea. Maybe in time he will return, with better handwriting and an older soul.
    -- Clemente in {PQ} Light Up The Night

Current winner

""Bones!" croaked the white raven above the misty gorge, undoubtedly a gothic poet's coke dream in that moment. "

-- Jigano in {PQ} Dancing Bones
Shark the shark
Swims with SHARKS

Age: 0 | Height: adequate | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:50
Congratulations to

Jigano / Cirago!
Am I famous yet?

Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP:15
Amun in some days feel like a blizzard

"You were Princess before I knew you were queen, and you’re still Princess to me. Nothing’s changed. I’ll still follow you, if only to warn you that those frown lines will stick if you don't smile every once in a while."

(I'm not crying, you are)
Prima ballerina

Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP:0
But with "Lightning Bitch," Ingrid's tone carried all her newfound appreciation for the Mort-blessed, bolt-flinging badass.

Ingrid about Zariah in On the Subject of Sin

There are literal tears from laughing in my eyeballs

Age: 0 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP:700
"She knows full well that she’ll never have kids - has never wanted kids - but there’s a reason she’s taken to Melita and Clem, a reason she’ll swallow her annoyances with Oliver and train him, a reason she still fucking puts up with Amalia - and it’s because there’s still some sort of maternal instinct left in her."

-Wessex in Burn your biographies, rewrite your history
It made my heart warm.
Skylark > Skynet

Age: 26 | Height: Smol | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP:50
"“I just want to fight something. Sometimes all I crave is for the world to pay.” Her glance tilted back his way, the inferno spreading along her gilded eyes, narrowing at his steeled contortions.

Maybe she’d already been taken and drown and smothered and this was all she was destined to be from now on.

Or that she billowed over the surface, never pausing, never ceasing, long enough to sink into its depths.

“Tell me about her then,” she swallowed down the choking bile, the heated, scathing, noose tucked over her nape."
-- Melita, about Lusea and the unfairness of life, in you’re not bulletproof

I. LOVE. HER. SO. MUUUUUUCH.
Am I famous yet?

Change author:
Rory in Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone

"Why did she always find him like this?

(It said much, that she kept finding him at all.) Oh, Wessex, headstrong, ambitious Wessex, the lioness in the night, she who never backed down, she who simply forged ahead—time and time again she came back for him, the one who couldn't keep up, the one who slipped into shadow.

Will never not nom Neo's words
Art kid who likes frogs

Age: 24 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural
Played by: ryan Offline
Change author:
MP:397
"Jigano had learned that continuing to push at the topic would only make the redheaded bookmaker dig his heels in harder against attempts to coax optimism from his sad blue-green eyes (amazing eyes, really, that seemed to change color depending on the angle of the light)."

--

Jigano in Trying My Best (OPEN)

Enjoying the continuation of the Sam's eyes meme.
glitter is my love language
wacky waving inflatable arm man

Age: -9 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: 0
Mocha - Mythical - Lovable demon cockatiel
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP:915
"A selection of the finest Hybrid men in Caido came to his event."

Bastien describing the people who came to help in {PQ} Knick Knacks and Tat (sorry Deimos and Remi, you didn't make the cut!).
Am I famous yet?

Change author:
Samuel in in the places I wasn't meant to be

"Faith, when it was working against you, was terrifying."