Personal Quest [se] ask me anything
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
What was meant to be a simple fetch quest family outing had turned into something else. Something that involved sex. Ordinarily, this wouldn't have been out of the norm for Ronin and Remi, though talking about sex with their son's adolescent best friend was certainly not what either of them had been anticipating when they'd agreed to have Everest tag along on their fetch quests afternoon chores.

Wasn't being a parent fun? Worst still, because Everest was an attuned, the pair couldn't even talk silently between themselves as they occasionally did with Mateo.

'Does everyone have their lists?' Remi asks, looking very much like a dad in his faded chambray shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a hat to shade his eyes.

1. Remi
2. Everest
3. Ronin
4. Mateo

List 1
Canned Vegetables
Blankets
Bandages

List 2
Canned Meats
Candles
Paper

List 3
Salt blocks
Pillows
Pencils

List 4
Icecube trays
Matches
Flares
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
Everest
With his notebook and pencil and a thousand questions, Ever was feeling both excited and nervous about what the day was going to bring. Already it had started out with pancakes drenched in syrup (something he never was allowed at home), followed by a thorough walk-through of all of Mateo's plants to ensure they were watered and well-placed for the sun that day, and then some reading (or, he read. Mateo tried to make drugs).

Trying not to fidget too much, the Hart boy stood at Mateo's shoulder eyeing his friend's parents. "Yes." Holding up list 2 he nods. "And I think I know where to find everything as well." Ever adds helpfully/politely/nervously.

Ever has list 2
But if the song never stopped, it wouldn't have any magic
So even though it's gotta end, I'll keep singing along
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the dark star

What a very interesting day, indeed. Armed with List 4 and scanning through it before folding the paper and tucking it into his pocket, Ronin is equally dad-like in a t-shirt that had been black once upon a time and a bedhead that suggests he hasn't been up for very long. (This assumption would be correct).

"I've got mine," he says, patting his pocket. "Might have to be a bit creative to find everything, but I'm sure I'll manage." Here he flashes a grin at Remi, and were it not for the WEIRD unusual situation he might have leant in to kiss his cheek or pinch his butt. As it stands, he keeps polite distance. Ugh.

Ronin's got List 4!
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Change author:
My spores been growing by the day; my days been shining bright
Today, Mateo has been getting at Remi's charcoal, and so it's with kohl lined eyes and a yellow lollipop between his lips that he examines List 1 in his hands. "Mm, I think this should be pretty easy to get," he agrees around his lollipop, but rather than folding and pocketing the list as his father has done, Mateo's paper just gets stuffed into his jacket as is. It'll make it look rustic, or whatever.

"Once we're done, can we go and visit the skyship?" This of course is directed at Remi, but Ronin is no less included. And of course Everest, which is the point of actually going to see the ship. So his friend can be assured that it is actually sound and won't fall apart if they sit on it wrong.

Mateo has List 1!
mateo!

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Sì, certamente." Remi bobs his head in a yes for those unable to manage this translation, before glancing to Ronin. "Well, we should be able to get.." Comparing the lists, he considers. "Pencils, matches, and flares should not be too hard to track down." They might have to split up for the other supplies. "Alright. How about we meet back here in an hour? Is that enough time for you two?" He wonders of Mateo and Ever.

Not sensing the distance or etiquette meant to exist between he and Ronin, Remi links his arm through his husband's that he might tug him down the street and towards one of the carts known to sell fireworks and the like. 'Do you think Ever is acting...more strangely than normal?' He wonders under his breath. "What is it you think he wants to talk to us about?" With his eyes peeled for the items on his list, Remi stops abruptly at a stall and quickly trades for a box of coloured pencils. They're not not pencils, after all.

Find something from your list!
THE ALCHEMIST
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
Finding the dark smears around Mateo's eyes contrasted against the yellow of his lollypop a touch hypnotizing, for the time being, Ever just bobs his head at expected intervals and remains silent. Only when Ronin and Remi have gone does he feel like he can take a full breath, and of course he uses it to begin planning.

"Canned meats and vegetables should be in similar stalls. Candles and bandages might be together. I'm not sure about blankets and paper though." Ever's list is meticulously folded in his pocket, but more importantly, it's already been copied into his notebook (just in case), and memorized (just in case, in case).

"Do...you think any of this stuff is by Molly's..?" He asks casually, or at least as casually as he can manage, which isn't casually at all. Either way he'll follow Mateo's lead about where to start getting their supplies.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Nodding his agreement with Remi, as they turn away and he feels his husband's arm slide through his own, he allows himself to relax against the touch. He falls into step with the alchemist, pressing a kiss against his curls as they stroll towards the cart he has in mind.

"You mean opposed to regular strangely," he reiterates, just in case. "Because if so, yes. I feel like something has him rattled up. I just hope it's something we can help with - that kid is anxious enough for everyone in Stormbreak."

As Remi halts for his pencils, Ronin spies the fireworks cart, heading over and trading for some flares. (Okay, they're sparklers, but that's still sort of the same thing right?)

Ronin gets flares!
i'll get over it
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest plans. Mateo waves off his parents and pulls the lolly from between his lips so he can speak properly to his friend. "Mmm...? Oh, sure! There's a lot of boutiques and shops and stalls down in the Silk Houses. We can pick up meats and veggies on the way." Too young to realise the innuendo of meat and two veg, he sets off on his way towards one of several sets of steps that will wind down into Stormbreak's underbelly.

Along the way, a familiar grocers comes into view along the fringes of the Pacifist Plaza. "Ah, this will work for our cans," he says, patting his pockets and drawing out a small paper packet of seeds that he can use to trade. It's only rosemary and thyme, but the grocer can make use of it.

Mateo gets canned meat!
mateo!

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Mhmm.' Remi hums in agreement, and though Ronin won't see the roll of his eyes, he'll no doubt feel the swirl of his emotions coloured vaguely amused and just a little bit worried. "Well I doubt it is anything too serious since Mateo does not seem worried." And if not worried, he'd not blurted out anything over dinner aside from the fact that Ever had some questions for them. 'Maybe it is some sort of school project.' Remi guesses, pocketing his coloured pencils.

If, later down the line they needed to hail someone using flares, someone was going to be very surprised to find sparklers. But nevermind. It probably wouldn't ever come to that.

"Let's go by the meat stalls. I am sure I can find blocks of salt there."

Get moar things.
THE ALCHEMIST
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
"I have some of my mom's supplies. One is a liquid you put into your eyes if they're itchy." Ever offers, of his tradeable item. Pleased that Mateo hadn't made fun of him for wanting to venture back to Molly's (he was curious okay, and he seemed to have developed a divining rod in his pants that kept trying to lead him back), Ever keeps his eyes peeled for shops or stalls that might have the other things he needed. He could be curious and efficient at the same time, after all.

"Oh, in here!" So saying, Ever nudges them into a shop filled with dark cloth and thick lilac smoke. After declining to have his fortune told, Ever manages to secure three candles. Apparently when burned they would reveal something about your future, but to the boy's mind, a candle was a candle. "What's next on your list?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

"You say that, but when has Mateo ever seemed worried? Other than when he first started to embrace his hormones and he was angry at us for like an entire season." Shuddering, Ronin doesn't relish that memory and nor is he keen to revisit it. A school project seems logical, though, and that soothes him a bit (more fool you, Ronin). "Maybe they're learning about relics, or the gods, or something," he says. All perfectly ordinary things. Hooray.

Very happy with his sparklers flares, the Huntsman nods and leads them down the street and around a corner where a large butchers is visible. "I can probably get my icecube trays here too. Good idea," he says, parting from Remi so he can go and inquire about them.

Ronin hunts icecube trays.
i'll get over it
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Hardly one to make fun of someone for wanting to do something he also would like to do, Mateo follows in his friend's wake with a bag full of cans, hopping down a few steps until they're officially in the Silk Houses. He's busy crunching through the last of his lollipop and trying to identify a delicious smell in the air when he's nudged into lilac smoke and a lady with bosoms that seemed to sit right under her chin.

While Ever procures his candles, Mateo finds some very lovely, very large shawls, and he's just completed a trade for a few of them. "I got my blankets," he says, beaming and shuffling out of the shop. "The only thing left for me to get is bandages. How about you?"

Mateo has shawls blankies.
mateo!

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Do you remember when it was unseasonably cloudy and he took it upon himself to scream at the clouds because the plants needed sunlight?" Remi says with a grin. "Though that might have been the hormones too." With a huff as they continue to meander, the alchemist gives his head a shake. "I hope it is not relics. I would rather never have to speak about them again." Not much hope in that, but still.

Calling out that I shall miss you! Remi barters with one of the merchants who, unsurprisingly, is keen just to give the alchemist whatever he needs to get him to fuck off. Having the Lullaby loitering about wasn't good for business, and so it was that Remi found himself with a crate of salt shoved into his hands.

Waiting for Ronin, it's with a narrowed green stare that he happens to catch sight of two very familiar shapes slinking towards a fairly obvious destination.
THE ALCHEMIST
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Wrinkling his nose and realizing that the pair of them smell like the smoke from inside even though they were a good deal away from the shop, Ever makes a mental note to air out the blankets and candles before they're stored. "Mmmmm. Paper." He has his list memorized, but he takes out the original to confirm, before also sneaking a look into his notebook. "And if we can't find any, I have lots at home, but.." Well. He was sure they'd find some.

"I think there's a cart..this...way..." Ever mumbles, leading them away from any such carts that might hold paper (or bandages), such that they'd find themselves on a crash course to Molly's. Trading for a few un-stretched painting canvases that could serve as both paintings and bandages, Ever nudges his friend's shoulder as they find themselves in front of Molly's.

"Just..a quick look?" He suggests with a smile that starts out naive before turning crooked.