Key Quest dead and gone and passed

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
What you will see at first, is nothing. There is no light here, and as Ronin makes his way down the staircase, the stone smoothly slides back into place trapping you beneath the ground. Shift your eyes all you want, but there is no light here with which even the most reflective pupils could see with.

But you have other senses, don't you?

Aside from the thundering of your hearts the world above you will reverberate in muted thumps. The sounds of the landsharks attracted by Ronin's starbolts still swim 60 or so feet away, sounding a bit like a bag of sand being shaken in an adjacent room. There's something else too, something low, and slow, and unmistakable: the sound of something breathing.

Every few seconds or so the air around you grows warmer and a slight breeze blows against your faces. Then the air cools and the breeze seems to change direction.

Welcome to the first Relic KQ!

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal).  Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Your randomly assigned posting order is: Ronin, Sunjata, Remi. You have 24 hours to reply.
Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
It's dark, but Ronin still doesn't fall down the stairs. Yet. Whatever, proud!

But the sound of the shifting sand, the breeze ghosting across their cheeks and (perhaps most importantly) the scrape of stone settling back over their heads is enough for him to very much miss his sense of sight.

I'm going to get us some light in here, he sends through the Attuned bond that he might be able to keep his other senses sharp while they still can't see. Stay ready. If anything jumps out at us, get down and get hidden. I'll be the distraction for now if the worst should happen.

It doesn't take much - a few thoughts about Remi and Mateo are enough - and his dazzle starts to shine out of him to provide illumination.

Ronin uses his dazzle to get some light in there, and tells the others he'll draw any enemies' attention if something should jump out at them.

Magic: Dazzle | At times of heightened emotion, Ronin radiates starlight. Any non-organic item he touches during this time will also give off light for a duration of 1 hour. The intensity of the light directly correlates to the intensity of the emotions.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i closed my eyes and saw my father's sins, they covered me like a second skin
i peeled them off, and sure i bled a bit, but now i'm free to sink my own damn ship
They make it even though their eyesight is still blinded by the darkness. The bat doesn’t help and Sunjata finds himself shifting back to walk down the stairs with the rest of them, ears peeled for any type of sound. A nod is given to Ronin, waiting for the light to pour out, but in the meantime he clings to Safrin’s daggers with Haai on his heels.

And he tries to listen, using his hEARS to see if he can pick up anything aside from his beating heart and the sound of something breathing. His hands loosen and tighten in a small anxious tic, back straight and jaw tight, searching for anything of note.

Sunjata follows Ronin with Haai on his heels and uses his hEARS to see if he can hear anything else other than the breathing! I’d also like to use an INT with it if possible!

INT 1

Type: Grey
hEARs | An earring that when worn, increases the sound of voices (especially whispers)
i cut my branch down from my family tree to start a fire in the living room
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
but baby i've been here before; i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
There is no part of the alchemist that enjoys this totality of dark. The predators within him stir and angrily fight for purchase that they might come forth, causing his fingertips to develop tentacles that shift to talons and then back again.

Does that seem like...breathing to you.. He asks to no one in particular. With a hand on the wall to steady himself, Remi will do his best to make it to the bottom of the stairs before trying to force himself to be completely still. Hopefully the racing of both his heart and his thoughts won't be enough to disrupt his magic.

Remi tries to make it to the bottom of the stairs and then stops moving so that he becomes invisible using: Magic: Fade (passive) | When Remi remains completely still, he faded into shadow
Type: Dark | Rank: Basic

Magic: FEAT: Aint Afraid of No Ghost | Has advantage against spirit-based creatures.

Magic: Kindred Spirit (Feat) | Spirit-attacks have disadvantage against him

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You're right about that Ronin; you absolutely are the distraction.

No sooner does the Huntsman dazzle into light than things unfurl quite quickly. Whatever was lurking in the darkness—yes Remi, that was breathing, a fact that Sunjata will have heard quite loudly using his hEARs—has now found a target in the man suddenly blazing with light. The creature's tail acts as a whip, striking out with a hooked talon on the end of it to slice at the Huntsman's arm. The wound is deep but by no means mortal.

Given that Remi has faded into the shadow, only Sunjata and Haai are visible, though luckily the Flood's body hides most of his companion. With a screech, the gargoyle (who appears to be rock infused with blood and muscle), shifts and lashes out with its tail at Sunjata, creating a matching wound to the one Ronin had just sustained.  

Massive in size and with features that seem truly carved out of stone such that it's difficult to get a read on the gargoyle's proportions, it flares its wings menacingly as its jaws part to reveal razor-sharp teeth that look more like broken needles than bits of bone.

Ronin: 544/594 HP
Sunjata: 357/407 HP
Remi: 912/912 HP

Gargoyle: 1000/1000 HP

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal). Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Your randomly assigned posting order is: Ronin, Sunjata, Remi. You have 24 hours to reply.
Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ohoho, this is more like it.

Stone can breathe. Who kne-- ow! Ronin's quip is cut off by a hiss of pain against his arm as something hooked and sharp rakes at his skin, and as he lights up the cavern, he's quick to notice the gargoyle. (How could he fucking not though).

Lightning isn't likely to do much. Got anything else up your sleeves, Jata? he asks his friend, already circling to try and position himself as the (continued) distraction. Remi - think you can grapple it and keep it still? Not that his husband needs to be given direction, but hey - any excuse for tentacles, right?

In the meantime, three pinpoints of starlight crown Ronin's head, and he seeks out the gargoyle with them all at once.

Continuing to dazzle as a distraction, Ronin makes some suggestions and pops off three starbolts at the gargoyle!

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Magic: Dazzle | At times of heightened emotion, Ronin radiates starlight. Any non-organic item he touches during this time will also give off light for a duration of 1 hour. The intensity of the light directly correlates to the intensity of the emotions.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Citizenship Ability:

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
i closed my eyes and saw my father's sins, they covered me like a second skin
i peeled them off, and sure i bled a bit, but now i'm free to sink my own damn ship
Heavy breathing and a giant gargoyle that immediately begins to lash out, and Sunjata’s already growing quite defensive — hissing a quiet sound as the tail wounds his arm quite similarly to Ronin’s own. Fucking hell. He grumbles, keeping that position with Haai hidden before Ronin’s voice filters through his mind again. Just lightning, water, and fire. And the one with the most damaging ability from him most certainly was the lightning. Though the dragon had claws which might prove beneficial, if only the space wasn’t so tight.

Heaving a sigh, Sunjata directs Haai to try and focus her fire breath onto the tail, the thing that’s attacked them the most, and Sunjata tries his best with that too — shifting the daggers in his hands to a bit more of the offense, hoping to use Ronin’s light and distraction to his advantage to swipe at the tail with both daggers, sparking out lightning and fire.

Sunjata hopes Ronin makes a good distraction as he sends Haai to shoot her fire at the tail while he also focuses on attacking the tail with the ranged portion of his daggers.

Type: Dark
Trident Daggers (Upgraded) | Two daggers perfectly weighted and sculpted for Sunjata. One can shoot fire in a 5ft arc and the other electricity.

HAAI - Mythical - Griffin (Fire breath)
i cut my branch down from my family tree to start a fire in the living room
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
but baby i've been here before; i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
I won't fit in here. I might bring the whole place down on top of us. Legendary size was not a phrase to be thrown around lightly. Remi would fill the entire cavern they were in and then some if he tried to shift.

Do you think we could try and get it outside? Where we can all move around? Just how they'd try and encourage the beast up the stairs (would it fly and follow them?) and through the small opening at the top (could they get it open again?) Remi has no idea. All he knows is that squished together here as they are, this fight would be less about tactics and more about the simple math of who could out damage the other fastest.

Mimicking Ronin's ability, Remi too hurls three bolts of starlight at the monster, aiming for its eyes and face.

Remi attacks the creature using his Magic: Copycat | Remi can mimic the abilities from two fellow demigods (Old Gods only). In order to mimic the ability, Remi must have been damaged by it in a thread previously. Only one ability may be used per thread.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

ability, throwing 3 of Ronin's starbolts at it.

Magic: FEAT: Aint Afraid of No Ghost | Has advantage against spirit-based creatures.

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.

Change author:
Never before have the Huntsman's abilities been challenged quite as they will be now, and though the creature seems like the sort of thing that might be slow and unable to avoid his celestial attacks, with near pin-point precision the gargoyle is able to contort and shift to avoid all three of the galactic missiles lobbed its way.

Long and prehensile, the gargoyle's tail slithers and snaps away from Haai, though both of Sunjata 's daggers are able to stab into what will feel like very over-done meat. The fire that arcs out seems to do negligible damage, but where the lightning strikes the gargoyle's skin flinches and begins to cook offering up a disturbing aroma.

Remi 's starbolts find their mark on the gargoyle's face, though despite the fact that he's aimed to maim the creature, the gargoyle only utters a scream of pain though does not appear to be otherwise blinded or incapacitated in any way. Bits of muscle and charred stone fall away, revealing pulsing flesh beneath.

Though Remi's attack was the most damaging, the gargoyle is distracted by the griffin and man standing within spitting distance. Snapping its tail at Haai, the hooked talon finds the soft flesh of the companion's throat, tearing it out in one swift movement. Blood pours from her throat as her fire had just done, before her wings stutter lifelessly against her body and she drops onto the stone, silent forevermore.

If there is time for grief, now is not it. Kicking out with a taloned-foot, the creature aims to knock Sunjata flying back into the wall. Its foot finds the center of his chest before exploding forward and sending the Flood ricocheting back towards the base of the stairs.

Sunjata: 307/407 HP
Haai: 0/37

Gargoyle: 713/1000 HP

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal). Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
It all goes fucking wrong, and though Ronin ought to be used to it by now, it's been a hot minute since he's missed. It gives him time enough to watch all the rest go down - the way Haai's life winks out, the way he seems to be completely wrong about the lightning, the way Remi manages to hit where he'd been unable to. Fuck, he all but snarls. No idea how we can get it out of here, short of Jata and I blasting through the earth as dragons. And if that seems like a good idea, then why the fuck not.

In the meantime, though, Cover your eyes, Ronin says, and already the dazzle in him is overtaken by something much more fierce. He darts forward before he lets the supernova go to ensure he catches Sunjata with it as well. He can't do much for Haai now, but he can at least help his friend - and finally land a fucking hit.

Ronin pops a supernova to heal himself and Jata, and to blast the gargoyle!

Magic: Supernova | A blast of celestial light emanates from Ronin in a 60ft radius. Any allies hit by the light are healed, whilst any enemies take damage (Mastered healing/damage). May be used three times per thread, with a two post cooldown.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Citizenship Ability:

THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A blender in a lightning storm, disguised as a blessing I'm sure
Well, buckle up because we’re about to dive into some whiplash. It surprises Sunjata as the daggers make their mark, like diving into a well cooked steak, and his nose wrinkles with the smell that rises, but he doesn’t get much of a chance to try again, because the creature is screeching it’s pain and gods is Sunjata about to feel the same.

Sorry Ronin and Remi, because he isn’t exactly keeping a tight hold on the Attuned bond, so when he feels Haai’s pain and the brutal snap of her soul leaving both her body and carving out the hole in his, he stutters and stumbles and the shock and hurt and surprise of it is all broadcast right through the bond. He doesn’t even register it when the foot lashes out at him and sends him flying back, even if it hurts — it’s nothing compared to what’s just happened internally. Ronin says to shield their eyes and Sunjata only manages to blink a few times before the hurt and rage overcomes him in the confines of this underground. He doesn’t know what’s a good idea or not right now, all he knows is that he can’t quite respond with a level head like the situation needs.

All he can muster is a gruff, pained apology across the bond to the Lullaby and the Huntsman for the emotions that have been sent their way, before he’s shifting into that sleek black dragon, talons digging into the ground. Sorry. He can tell Haai his apologies later, because right now he’s got lightning bubbling in his throat, aimed straight for the mass of the gargoyle. He thinks she might appreciate that more anyway.

Sunjata has his whiplash of emotions and shifts into his dragon shift to shoot lightning at the center mass of the gargoyle!

Dragon ability | Can breathe lightning (mastered lightning damage)
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
then it went dark
If I shift while going through the hole— Remi begins to say, before the world flashes and sizzles and it all goes to hell.

Inhaling sharply against the blast of Sunjata's emotions, Remi turns away from his husband knowing already what to expect. Wings push from the alchemist's back as he attempts to fly up the stairs, shielding his eyes as best he can. Though the stone above has rolled shut, Remi hopes that his strength will be enough to dislodge it, assuming it isn't magically held. They're all too close to one another in here. It's too late to say that someone was going to get themselves killed, because though Sunjata's grief had been wordless, his emotions had painted a portrait of new loss that was nearly as blinding as Ronin's supernova.

They had to get out.

They had to.

Shoving at the stone, Remi will shifts if it moves and if he's able to get himself halfway out.

Remi flies up the stairs and tries to move the stone door out of the way. If he can he'll slip through and shift into a kraken once half-way through to try and collapse the ceiling using Kraken Ability | Legendary size

& it rained
and rained and rained

Change author:
The light that follows Haai's death is blinding. Though Sunjata will find at least half of his injuries healed, Ronin's magic will be unable to soothe the grief in his soul. The gargoyle snarls at the light and the attack, finding itself suddenly barricaded against the stone cavern by a very large dragon that is nearly its equal in size. More light fills the space as lightning bubbles from the back of Sunjata's throat and strikes the creature precisely where it had been aimed. Again there is that strange scent of burning flesh that the predators within the three men are likely to find quite alluring.

Above, Remi is indeed able to make it to the stone and shift it. Has he thought through what might happen when he collapses the ceiling as he planned? Where all that debris might go?

For a moment light spills into the cavern as Remi's LegEndAry SizE erodes away the ceiling. Rocks spill from above, striking both Ronin and Sunjata. The gargoyle is able to evade the falling debris, however.

Hopefully having more room to move around was worth it. Surely all that noise won't attract the three landsharks that had already been swimming nearby.

Sunjata: 314/407 HP
Haai: 0/37

Gargoyle: 607.5/1000 HP

Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
there exists a tipping point between gods and monsters
It's fine. It's fine. Landsharks can't fly, as far as Ronin is aware, and as things go - once again - to complete shit, he's barely able to get a hold of his emotions before there's light and stone and the stink of cooking meat and damn it feels good to be a dragon. The first round is on you for that, he snarls to Remi, already halfway to shifting just to get the rocks off him and become airborne.

Let's light this fucker up, Jata, he sends to his friend, fuelled by the Flood's grief and beating his wings down hard to get up and into the desert sky. Already there's an ominous celestial light burning in his throat, and once he's clear of the rubble, Ronin turns to seek out the gargoyle, unleashing a blast of celestial fire.

Ronin dragons out, frees himself of the rubble and tries to hit the gargoyle with his celestial breath!

Dragon Ability | Celestial Breath (mastered celestial damage)

Citizenship Ability:

ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)